Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

size

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by Vanity, Oct 13, 2003.

1. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

i know it's a trend everywhere to paint real small these days... that's cool, whatever.. but as a courtesy...

could you guys that paint small go to the left og the numbers and the right of the stamp?

only taking up half a panel on a nice car is just beggin to get gone over, ya dig?

2. Mike bibby

Mike bibby Guest

if your shit is real small and i dont know you..bye bye.

3. soneMILWwi

soneMILWwi Guest

oh i dig ya homeslice, bigger is better...

4. causinpanic

causinpanic Senior Member

i make sure u could spot my fr8s from the xpressway. bigger is better.

5. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

Even if it's one of the best pieces I have seen in a long time, if it only takes up one panel I usually won't even flick it.

6. type R

type R Senior Member

fuck that. alot of well known writers used to, or still do, paint small as hell. if for some reason i only have enought paint left to do a small panel piece, it deserves to be gone over because of its lack of size? that is rediculous.

this isnt directed at those who said they wouldnt flick a small piece, just at the morons that said they would go over it.

7. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

it's not just that.. it's a matter of placement... if you want to do a small ass peice, don't do it on a prime panel where it would be like a third of a normal peice... take it to the door or the corners

8. type R

type R Senior Member

hmm so take it to the left of the numbers and to the right of the stamp...have you seen a freight before? would someone be doing this piece with marker? the only logical thing you said was doing it on the door, and 99.999% of people will avoid the door if one or both sides of the train are open at the time. with every piece i do i dont stop to take into consideration that 4 weeks later, 432 miles away, someone might want to paint there if every other spot on every other train is taken. my bad.

i dont even paint that small usually, i am just saying that if for some reason there is no where to go because of "unacceptable size" on a piece, be the big man and YOU paint on the door. just once. it wont kill you. i promise. i took the door yesterday.

9. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

it's a more efficient use of space for the bigger guy to take the panel... it'll be a lot harder for someone taking the entire door, than someone doing a 3 ft high peice.... i'm not some asshole that likes going over cats, i actually feel rather bad, but in the same breath, if they're going to be inconsiderate about shit, so am i.. ya dig?

10. cascade_67

cascade_67 Banned

bigger is better

yeah bigger is better,.....but that doesn't mean someone painting a smaller piece should have to cram his piece into the ladder. thats gay. besides, what then? you're gonna sidebust somethin?

11. type R

type R Senior Member

no i dont dig. how the fuck would someone know that down the road another person will want to paint that same train? if you're in a yard full of trains that are empty, why the hell would you paint on the door just in case by some slim chance that another guy doesnt like the thousands of other freights rolling around the country, and wants to paint that particular one...i (or whoever) got to the train first, and i took the space i wanted. end of story. maybe i dont like big shit that takes up an entire panel, and i just go over it with a piece because i want that spot. i'm sure people have felt the same way about your shit at times too...hmmmm not the brightest standpoint.

12. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

small over big is way different than big over small (unless it's a cheap paint fill)... that's meant at a diss.... and it's cool... if kids wanna take up a panel w/ something like that, i was just advising for their own goods so they don't get all salty that it disappeared... but whatever, go for your's.

13. type R

type R Senior Member

i will go for mine. and i will take it as a dis if someone does that. call me over sensitive, whatever. i wouldn't do it to someone, i dont expect it to be done to my stuff.

14. SPFlatty

SPFlatty Guest

i'm a fan of painting the ladder, it think it just looks good to have the corners rocked like that, but some boxes have a ridiculous amount of numbers on the right side and even two blackboxes...thats a lot to work around. at least the left sides are usually user friendly.
    i'll only go over someone if its garbage, not just because i want the only flat panel in the yard. that's some wall jockey type shit right there. some people just don;t know how to work their pieces. they've spent all their time perfecting their shit to one way and arent good enough to change it up to avoid getting stamped. their loss tho, let them get chunks taken out...
    anyway, we should be doin end to ends most of the time anyway.

15. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

i've been painting for quite some time.
    when i started, i didn't really have anyone around for advice or tips or whatever..

later, time passed, i kept writing.
    i met some people
    and some more people
    and before long, i knew a shitload of excellent writers...

i haven't taken too much advice or suggestions in the years since i got ok and started meeting people..

but there has been one incredibly important thing i learned, always use, and will never forget..

GO BIG