size

Vanity

i know it's a trend everywhere to paint real small these days... that's cool, whatever.. but as a courtesy...

could you guys that paint small go to the left og the numbers and the right of the stamp?

only taking up half a panel on a nice car is just beggin to get gone over, ya dig?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

fuck that. alot of well known writers used to, or still do, paint small as hell. if for some reason i only have enought paint left to do a small panel piece, it deserves to be gone over because of its lack of size? that is rediculous.

this isnt directed at those who said they wouldnt flick a small piece, just at the morons that said they would go over it.

Originally posted by type R

if for some reason i only have enought paint left to do a small panel piece, it deserves to be gone over because of its lack of size? that is rediculous.

it's not just that.. it's a matter of placement... if you want to do a small ass peice, don't do it on a prime panel where it would be like a third of a normal peice... take it to the door or the corners

Originally posted by Vanity

it's not just that.. it's a matter of placement... if you want to do a small ass peice, don't do it on a prime panel where it would be like a third of a normal peice... take it to the door or the corners

hmm so take it to the left of the numbers and to the right of the stamp...have you seen a freight before? would someone be doing this piece with marker? the only logical thing you said was doing it on the door, and 99.999% of people will avoid the door if one or both sides of the train are open at the time. with every piece i do i dont stop to take into consideration that 4 weeks later, 432 miles away, someone might want to paint there if every other spot on every other train is taken. my bad.

i dont even paint that small usually, i am just saying that if for some reason there is no where to go because of "unacceptable size" on a piece, be the big man and YOU paint on the door. just once. it wont kill you. i promise. i took the door yesterday.

it's a more efficient use of space for the bigger guy to take the panel... it'll be a lot harder for someone taking the entire door, than someone doing a 3 ft high peice.... i'm not some asshole that likes going over cats, i actually feel rather bad, but in the same breath, if they're going to be inconsiderate about shit, so am i.. ya dig?

Originally posted by Vanity

it's a more efficient use of space for the bigger guy to take the panel... it'll be a lot harder for someone taking the entire door, than someone doing a 3 ft high peice.... i'm not some asshole that likes going over cats, i actually feel rather bad, but in the same breath, if they're going to be inconsiderate about shit, so am i.. ya dig?

no i dont dig. how the fuck would someone know that down the road another person will want to paint that same train? if you're in a yard full of trains that are empty, why the hell would you paint on the door just in case by some slim chance that another guy doesnt like the thousands of other freights rolling around the country, and wants to paint that particular one...i (or whoever) got to the train first, and i took the space i wanted. end of story. maybe i dont like big shit that takes up an entire panel, and i just go over it with a piece because i want that spot. i'm sure people have felt the same way about your shit at times too...hmmmm not the brightest standpoint.

small over big is way different than big over small (unless it's a cheap paint fill)... that's meant at a diss.... and it's cool... if kids wanna take up a panel w/ something like that, i was just advising for their own goods so they don't get all salty that it disappeared... but whatever, go for your's.

Guest SPFlatty

i'm a fan of painting the ladder, it think it just looks good to have the corners rocked like that, but some boxes have a ridiculous amount of numbers on the right side and even two blackboxes...thats a lot to work around. at least the left sides are usually user friendly.

i'll only go over someone if its garbage, not just because i want the only flat panel in the yard. that's some wall jockey type shit right there. some people just don;t know how to work their pieces. they've spent all their time perfecting their shit to one way and arent good enough to change it up to avoid getting stamped. their loss tho, let them get chunks taken out...

anyway, we should be doin end to ends most of the time anyway.

i've been painting for quite some time.

when i started, i didn't really have anyone around for advice or tips or whatever..

later, time passed, i kept writing.

i met some people

and some more people

and before long, i knew a shitload of excellent writers...

i haven't taken too much advice or suggestions in the years since i got ok and started meeting people..

but there has been one incredibly important thing i learned, always use, and will never forget..

GO BIG

Guest rob deer

I'm poor, mostly honest, so the paint I buy to use I try to make it go far. and I like collecting diffrent lines so to speak rather than rocking the shit out of just one car sometimes.

and rocking huge will get you noticed,,, by the workers.

I could be really mean and say that you suck and that you're just trying to force bigness on people due to your style inadaquacies and your big ass stature. and that you don't do too many panels with people cause they won't share one with you.

I suppose you'd take out a take5 peice cause it didn't meat your spacial parameters?

I'll fuck with you later on this you stubborn ass.

...sidebusting kids you don't know is pretty wack too...and if they were on the door first and then you did the panel it looks like they sidebusted you which is even more wack...find a different car...and little pieces don't neccesarily translate to bad pieces by any stretch of the imagination...if it's hot, it's hot...

Originally posted by type R

...it deserves to be gone over because of its lack of size? that is rediculous. this isnt directed at those who said they wouldnt flick a small piece, just at the morons that said they would go over it.

Hey buddy, it's called slim pickins. Survival of the fittest. If something is small, unstylistic and on a good car, it's as good as gone. When I paint, I make sure the only way you're going over it is with a wholecar. 1 out of every 2 freights that I paint, I have to go over *something* it just can't be helped! All of these kids who paint small will lose half their numbers to assholes like me just because I want my numbers too and you're tiny ass piece is a waste of a good panel for my name to be riding on it. You boys act like there's a total abundance of clean cars out there? Well not where I'm at. When I roll to a spot and there's cars, I'm painting no matter what. The only way I wouldn't paint is if there was ill shit all over everything or it was all people I respected. That's what it all comes down to: respect. I always bring a "buff can" with me to cover shit up...not because I'm famous or think I own freights, but because if I didn't, more than half the time I go paint, I'd end up coming home without anything. If I go over stuff, I come home with numerous flicks and good pieces. Adapation. I think you slightly missed the point though. Small isn't the only varible for buffage. Small and sick pieces live in my book but if it's small, 2 colors and by an unknown, peace, see ya later cause I'm a disrespectful hater.

Originally posted by rob deer

I could be really mean and say that you suck and that you're just trying to force bigness on people due to your style inadaquacies and your big ass stature. and that you don't do too many panels with people cause they won't share one with you.

it's actually just cause i have a small penis.

^^^interesting, thats why they say kids carry guns...i mean kids that carry guns and dont really need to.

its funny cause the writers i have met whom paint really big are always short. when i meet them im like damn you did that. im sure theres no coorilation or it has any deep rooted psychological content, i just think its funny.

if i go to a layup that holds 3 to 6 fr8s and they all got heads up on them . guess what , i didnt walk there with a pack full of paint to bench .

im takin them out in order of lowest quality first. and dont xpect a hallow to last thats the first to go. dont matter who it is. not to hurt anybodys feelins but hallows dont count for shit in my book.

Originally posted by ZedIsDed

^^^interesting, thats why they say kids carry guns...i mean kids that carry guns and dont really need to.

its funny cause the writers i have met whom paint really big are always short. when i meet them im like damn you did that. im sure theres no coorilation or it has any deep rooted psychological content, i just think its funny.

Yes, very funny and also known as the Napoleon complex.

Originally posted by ZedIsDed

HAHAH! This is so true. I do it on purpose...nothing subconscience about it.