Playing "Homeless"

BOZACK

a coupla weeks ago i was downtown just wandering around by myself, people watchibg. by the time midnight rolls around, i am exhausted and catch the streetcar to go home uptown. but the whole time i am sitting at the car stop, this tourist woman with her husband keeps looking at me and smiling like she feels sorry for me.

actually i did look pretty pathetic. i'm an emaciated lil fella and my size/face makes me look like i'm about 14 (i'm almost 19). i was also dressed like shit, sitting on the curb by myself, chainsmoking. it then dawned on me that i probably looked like an abandoned child.

well anyway the woman gave me $15 as she was getting off the streetcar. SHE THOUGHT I WAS HOMELESS! how sweet. i gave it back though. i am so stupid. i need to look down-bad more often.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Tofu

"dumb bitch?"

How about "sympathetic bitch" or "caring bitch"?

You did the right thing giving the money back, and apparently it was your first instinct...

yeah, homeless people, you shoulda given the money back, that was the right.....thing i guess. uhhh

I was on telegraph in berkeley once on a saturday morning after another infamous all-nighter. i had just gotten a cup of coffee which i set down next to me on the curb. i hadn't put the lid on yet and as i was tying my shoe, some dude drops fifty cents into my coffee. I thought that was pretty funny. He got me a fresh cup.

Because of my age and appearance

When I'm hiking from one jungle to the other, I get a lot of sort of yuppie-looking people who stop their cars and try to give me money. Most homeless people in Houston look like exactly what they are--alcoholics and drug addicts looking for money for more dope or booze. I think "straight" people--especially the liberals---really want to help out homeless people, but it pisses them off to get played and manipulated. It's like they are searching for a genuinely homeless person who is not a crackhead to give money to.

I usually carry my ruck and bindle, especially if I'm camping out for the day or the weekend, and take my dog. It must be the white beard and the dog, is all I can figure. Once on a really hot summer day, a guy stopped and gave me two Budweiser tall boys. That was pretty cool.

one time i went and go coffee really early in the morning and thought it would be nice to go sit in the park so i did i was just sitting there enjoying the morning some old buissness guy walks buy and dumps all of his change into my coffee.as much as it was funny it pissed me off quite a bit...don't fuck with someone's coffee.but he did drop 1 or 2 bucks into it..kinda sweet.sometimes it pays to look/be dirty or just tired.oh well..

Good karma

Originally posted by Tofu

"dumb bitch?"

How about "sympathetic bitch" or "caring bitch"?

You did the right thing giving the money back, and apparently it was your first instinct...

or

Originally posted by beardo

shoulda taken the money and given it to someone who really needed it

Re: Because of my age and appearance

Originally posted by KaBar2

When I'm hiking from one jungle to the other, I get a lot of sort of yuppie-looking people who stop their cars and try to give me money. Most homeless people in Houston look like exactly what they are--alcoholics and drug addicts looking for money for more dope or booze. I think "straight" people--especially the liberals---really want to help out homeless people, but it pisses them off to get played and manipulated. It's like they are searching for a genuinely homeless person who is not a crackhead to give money to.

I usually carry my ruck and bindle, especially if I'm camping out for the day or the weekend, and take my dog. It must be the white beard and the dog, is all I can figure. Once on a really hot summer day, a guy stopped and gave me two Budweiser tall boys. That was pretty cool.

yeah no one ever does that for me im dissapointed. how old are you? cause you got a white beard that.

Originally posted by LDN_THING

dude you could have used the money to buy some more cigerettes.:lol:

he wouldnt have got many if he's paying the prices we are.

Archived