Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Pitbulls?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Tyler Durden, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Veteran Member

So.....My lady friend wants a dog. And she really dislikes pussy dogs. So it looks like we're getting a pitbull in a few weeks from a shelter in Ct. Now....I'm aware of alot of the myths/horror stories about pits but this shelter is supposedly a reliable rescue for pitbulls and this one is a very young puppy...we're actually just waiting for it to be ready to take home because it was born on the 28th of August.

Now, my question to anyone who owns one or has owned one...is what kind of training did you put your dog through? I've heard alot of conflicting info about some weird sounding shit people have "insisted" we do to bring it up right...

I'm very much looking forward to having a dog again.

2. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Veteran Member

3. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

i had a pitbull living with me for a while, i think it was 18 months, pretty shitty how the girl said it was stayin here for a week and it ended up here for about 2 months total. i liked her and all and she listened to me, but the girl who owned it hit her a lot and it didnt really listen to her. Good luck, they are fun, sorry i didnt help with the training though, take money outta someone's pocket, that might help

4. alure

alure Dirty Dozen Crew

i had a rott.... both are considered aggresive dogs.. so you have to be sure to let the dog know your the boss "alpha" ... specially if your getting a male. are you going to have him nuetered? i would .. calms them down alot more (mine wasnt)..but when he gets to that stage usually 8 months plus..most aggressive dogs will try testing you..make the dog do a command like "sit" before you give it food..

and also test its temperant.. do you want a mean dog?? a nice one?? a calm one? there are test you can do..to see the "personality of a dog" like rolling it over onto his back..will he bite you? and pinching its hind legs when on its back..

5. alure

alure Dirty Dozen Crew

p.s. i want a blue-grey coat pit with yellow eyes.. ;]

6. zodiddly

zodiddly Junior Member

i used to have a brendel pit. for the most part it was a great dog. it eventually got mange and we got rid of it because we had other dogs. it was sad. but pits have a high tendency to get skin diseases and the mange dip is like $300 a month. its not that much but $300 more than i have to blow. anyway i really want one of those red ones...with the tan skin, green eyes and pink noses. they are such goodlooking dogs

7. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

8. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

I have a Pitbull and used to have a Rottweiler and never took them to any sort of formal training and they both listen well with no major bad habits.

A major problem when I had the big ol' Rott was I was living in an environment where he was sort of getting trained by 3 different people (roomates), so he would be confused as what was the right response in certain situations. For example, this bitch would always feed him human food while I was trying to train him NOT to beg at the table. And with my Pit, I was the only one who trained him, so he behaves exactly how i want. Anyway, my point is, who will be doing the training? If both of you will, you have to keep what you two are teaching very consistent.

I'll add more as I think of it.

What is some of the weird shit people told you to do?

9. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

you all seen these before but, here's the pup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. slave_one

slave_one Elite Member

i smile everytime i see samson,
    even though it's the same pic, see? :smiles:

i love dogs.

11. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

Why would you get a dog that weighs more than you?

Oh shit wait, that would rule out 75% of dogs.

Model boy.

12. Fondles

Fondles Veteran Member

^haha

Pits are great. I've had a probably 5 in my lifetime. All trained with little to no problems. Like effyoo said though, you must be consistant with the training if it's more than one person raising him. Everything from treats for praise to behavior to diet must be consistant or you will confuse his instincts (contrary to what some might think, dogs do not have conscious thought). I don't got any dogs right now, and I got a house with a big ass yard. Time to get one.

13. ClueTwo

ClueTwo Veteran Member

My boys dog is a full blood Diablo Pit..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

My sister recently got a pitbull, nice dog. Strong stomach. Dont leave your shoe's out.

15. WEAK NIGGUH

WEAK NIGGUH Member

CLUE'S DOG LOOKS TUFF

IM NOT A DOG EXPERT BUT I THINK THEY GET MORE MUSCULAR IF YOU DONT NUETER THEM

MY FRIENDS SISTER HAS A RODESIAN RIDGE BACK, AND SHE NUETERED IT RIGHT AWAY. IT DOESNT HAVE ANY MUSCLE. IT LOOKS LIKE A SMALL FEMALE DEER AND ITS SCARED OF A FERRET.