Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Passenger Shot Dead by Air Marshals

Discussion in 'News' started by !@#$%, Dec 7, 2005.

1. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

Officials: Passenger killed after claiming to have bomb
    Wednesday, December 7, 2005; Posted: 4:27 p.m. EST (21:27 GMT)

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- A federal air marshal shot and killed a 44-year-old U.S. citizen on a boarding bridge at Miami International Airport after he said he had a bomb, several sources familiar with the incident told CNN.

Flight 924 was in Miami on a stopover during a flight from Medellin, Colombia, to Orlando, Florida, when the man said there was a bomb in his carry-on luggage[/], a Department of Homeland Security official said.

He was confronted by a team of federal air marshals, who pursued the man down the boarding bridge and ordered him to get on the ground, the official said.

When the man appeared to reach into his baggage, at least one shot was fired by the marshals, wounding the man, the official said, adding that the marshals' actions were consistent with their training. Officials said later that the man had died of his injuries.

Upon investigation, there was no evidence that the man had a bomb, an official said.

This is the first time an air marshal has fired a weapon on or near an airplane, a federal official said.

Footage from the scene shows armed SWAT team members carrying rifles outside the aircraft, along with more than a dozen of police vehicles. Paramedics were standing on the stairway to the aircraft.

The Boeing 757, which can hold about 180 passengers, was due to take off for Orlando at 2:18 p.m. ET. It had arrived in Miami at 12:16 p.m. ET, according to the airline's Web site. No other flights at Miami International were disrupted Wednesday, an airport official said.

CAREFUL, JOKES CAN KILL
    :burn:

2. [SF1]And people don't believe we live in a fucking police state, when you can't even make a joke and not get shot by the pigs. I went to colledge[/SF1]

3. BURLAP

BURLAP Member

4. destroya

destroya Senior Member

5. coffeedependency

coffeedependency Senior Member

the man was apparently not sane. at least that's what his wife was shouting to the air marshall. oops.

6. WhiteOx

WhiteOx Elite Member

haha

7. SF1

SF1 Elite Member

That's funny. I don't remember saying that. Maybe I have Alzheimers. :tongue:

8. John Birch

John Birch Member

As a voice of the right, I would say this shit is fucking wrong. I bet all the liberals are all screaming right now about how right this is. Bullshit. So what the guy was screaming he had a bomb? He went through customs etc, so obviusly that wasn't true and the plane wasn't even in flight or taking off. From what I understand they were boarding and dude freaked...how many 2 year old babies do the same shit?

9. SF1

SF1 Elite Member

I'm surprized nobody caught a stray bullet.

10. Nothing a kick in the face couldnt fix but i guess guns are more fun.

11. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

i would like to read an article on this from indymedia, but couldn't find one

12. dumy

dumy Veteran Member

they coulda stopped dude without killing him..imo

13. Dawood

Dawood Elite Member

I heard on a news report that he was reaching in a bag or something like that, thats when the air marshall shot him.
    Anyway, , just like the dude on the London tube, that bag story will probably fold up like origami later in the investigation.

14. WhiteOx

WhiteOx Elite Member

15. imported_dowmagik

imported_dowmagik Senior Member

his wife told the air marshalls that he was bi polar and had no medication. passengers said they heard nothing about a bomb from him, but he was acting like a kook. if indeed he did say he had a bomb, and i was an air marshall, i would put rounds in him. sounds like that dudes wife should have made sure he had medicine.