Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

My sister called me....

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Kettiecat, Dec 19, 2002.

1. Kettiecat

Kettiecat Senior Member

I was adopted when I was like 6 and I knew my mom had moved to another state remarried and started a new family. I never really thought too much about it. Well I get a call from my adoptive mom saying that my half sister called, left her number and wants me to call her.

Now I don't know what to do. It would be really cruel for me to ignor this girl but I don't know if I want to open that can of worms. I don't know how this will turn out, its scary. Besides the fact how do you start that conversation. "hi I'm your half sister..."

So I guess I was just wondering what you all would do. What you would say.

2. DATSTFC

DATSTFC Guest

3. jah

jah Elite Member

personally, id want to meet her. maybe try and find out something about her before you do. i dont know. but it doesnt necessarily mean you have to have a relationship with her. if for some reason you thought shti was sketch after you met her then you could dog her. up to you though....

4. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

call her and tell her how you feel, the trepidation, tell her you're not sure you're prepared for this at this point in your life. Assure her you are a happy and productive person and finish with "don't call me, I'll call you"

5. KaBar

KaBar Senior Member

Half-Sister Probably Has Been Looking For You For Years

Christmas is coming up---people get pretty sentimental about it, wondering where the missing relative is, what happened to her, etc. A phone call couldn't hurt. In my family, one of my ex-sister-in-law's gave up a daughter for adoption because she was so poor she couldn't feed the kid. She mourned that decison for like twenty years. When she finally found the baby (through an online detective service) the kid was graduated from college and working as a banker in Boston.

At least let them know you're okay and that you've had a good life.

People always worry about missing relatives, especially children-who-were-adopted.

6. fr8oholic

fr8oholic Veteran Member

i tend to start most conversations with yo yo yo...

7. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

wait... has you birth mom ever contacted you?
    Isn't it odd that a sister would be the first to try and connect?

You'll regret not calling much more then you'd regret calling.

8. Kettiecat

Kettiecat Senior Member

birth mom and adoptive mom have talked a couple of times throughout the years. I've always had the means to contact her if I chose but never felt the need to. my story is a little different than "mom couldn't take care of me" it was more like "these parents are fuck ups and the state is taking the children"

but anyways i made the desion to call her tonight. I think if the tables were turned its what I would want.

9. 455

455 Guest

Good luck and hopefully everything works out with you and the phone call.

10. sneak

sneak Guest

call her. you never know, you could become real close. you dont have to follow through with meeting her or anything. will a phone call hurt that much?

11. GI Jew

GI Jew New Jack

Yep, haven't talked to you in a while Kettie, but good luck.

12. AeRoSoL JuNkiE

AeRoSoL JuNkiE Elite Member

I think if everyone did this the world would be a better place. And when you said bye you would say "smell ya later."

13. GI Jew

GI Jew New Jack

hahahahah Hey Kettie: "What'd she call you?"

14. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

call her...she probably wants to be your sister after finding out she's not the only one..thats family for all your concern..

i havea sister that probably doesnt even know that i exist or thinks im dead cause of a horrible step mother.i miss her and my little brother.

please call her.

15. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie Elite Member

i'm still trying to figure out how to do that with my dad...