1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

HOW NOT TO FAIL IN COLLEGE

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by BOZACK, Nov 5, 2003.

1. BOZACK

BOZACK 12oz Member

HOW NOT TO FAIL IN COLLEGE

Discussion started by BOZACK - Nov 5, 2003

ok right now i'm on the verge of flunking out of my dream school. i'm here on a scholarship so if my grades slip i'm fucked. i had to drop my art class which was 6 hours, so now my parents are starving themselves in order to pay for 3 classes at this fuckin place. the classes i'm left with, well i might just fail all of em. i'm thinking about talking to my prof's to see if there is ANY possible way out of failing. what are your experiences with this?? i really don't want to ask for favors cos i know i fucked up & it's my fault, & my prof's already hate me. this probably seems like petty bullshit to you guys but i've always been afraid to approach my superiors about mistakes i've made, plus my parents are hardcore academians and are about to slit my throat and dump me in the river. ADVICE?

so far i've determined what i need to NOT do anymore if i want to be here next sem:
    DON'T:
    1)schedule 8:30 am classes
    2) don't smoke on nights before exams
    3) don't get so trashed on a regular basis that your school makes you go to substance abuse counseling
    4)don't think that caffiene/sleeping pills are a great idea
    5)don't put off switching roommates if yours is crap

feel free to close this thread it goes to shit. sorry

BOZACK - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  2. space base

space base 12oz Senior Member

space base - Replied Nov 5, 2003

save yourself

space base - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  3. mr.yuck

mr.yuck 12oz Veteran Member

mr.yuck - Replied Nov 5, 2003

Yeah i have to go to class at 8 tomorrow. It blows but it is english and the prof is funny and makes things interesting so its not all that bad. But yeah....school.

mr.yuck - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  4. moeberto

moeberto New Jack

moeberto - Replied Nov 5, 2003

focus.concentrate.prioritize. remember why you are there and what you are gonna get out of it. fuck smoking. come out victorious....

moeberto - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  5. Brownbread?

Brownbread? 12oz Junior Member

Brownbread? - Replied Nov 5, 2003

damn that sucks. thank god im poor and didn't decide to go to some big name school because college is very overrated. its like a big fucking scam, i know people who are about to finish their 4th year, have obtained average grades but still dont know what the hell they are gonna be doing after they graduate. Plus they have to pay a shit load in loans. I think one of the main reasons a lot of kids fuck up at college is because of highshcool. Sure its your own fault if you make ass backwards decisions but a lot times its because highschool ,esp. public highschools really don't prepare you for college.

Brownbread? - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  6. S@T@N

S@T@N 12oz Senior Member

S@T@N - Replied Nov 5, 2003

Dunno what to tell ya. Find the papers or projects that got you down,
    and revise the fuck out of them. Write a letter of apology to your
    teachers for giving them a hard time BEFORE you go asking for ways
    around failure. Stop smoking. Entirely, or at least until you've made
    some headway. And if theres shit you need to know that one of us could
    help you with, don't be afraid to ask (just be afraid of some of the retards
    who'll answer.)

Get at me some time if you need to talk.

Aim: chr0nicattrition

S@T@N - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  7. GamblersGrin

GamblersGrin 12oz Elite Member

GamblersGrin - Replied Nov 5, 2003

do try talking to your prof's. im my experience i've learned some will help you straight while others will not. my college time sucked though, i went to a dope school in NC, came back to my girl of 4 and a half years who started goin w/ another dude, transferred to some frat ass bullshit college in NJ and got kicked out w/ 122 credits and a passing GPA bc i got into an argument with some cocksucker dean about a letter he claimed to have sent, but isn't in my file that it was ever sent. ive tried wrtng the college president bou tit even but that fuck up is practically worse than me. fuckin guy is in the news now, not only was he able to get away w/ drunk driving in which the copper detected a strong odor of alcohol on his breath after he hit a car and drove away, but just admitted to cheating on his wife and thats why he left his last college job. sorry for rambling.

GamblersGrin - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  8. $360

$360 12oz Elite Member

$360 - Replied Nov 5, 2003

i go to a gooder school.

$360 - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  9. BOZACK

BOZACK 12oz Member

BOZACK - Replied Nov 5, 2003

yeah i go to a jesuit school and our pres. suddenly resigned 2 weeks ago cos he molested a little boy way back in the 80's. fuckin jesuits haha.

10. eseLokE1uno

eseLokE1uno 12oz Senior Member

eseLokE1uno - Replied Nov 5, 2003

Very simple

I was in your same situation and I managed to get my way back in by appealing. I just wrote a letter addressing my problems and distractions ( I had 4 friends die during finals) and with the proper documentation; newspaper obituaries, and a prescription for lexapro (an anti-depressant) I was finally let back in. Hopefully this can help you out.

eseLokE1uno - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  11. Intangible

Intangible 12oz Legend

Intangible - Replied Nov 5, 2003

http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/12409/p/560503_4566737289908154833_vl.jpg'>
    Animal tested, Mother approved.

Intangible - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  12. BOZACK

BOZACK 12oz Member

BOZACK - Replied Nov 5, 2003

^^^^ MMMMMMMMMMM I WANT SOME

13. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Gunm - Replied Nov 5, 2003

Lens' tips For Success

1.Don't drink during the week

2.Don't let your gf give you fucked up news right before midterms

3.Do become freiends with nerds and study with them. Don't laugh, they've saved my ass more than once.

4.Fuck popularity. With studying comes the grades, and with the grades comes law school and with that education Lens' becomes a lawyer, Lens makes boo-coo dollars, Lens stocks up on material wealth and in roll the friends. yah. Bottom line....a good academic record leads to success and if your social life has to suffer for a few years, so be it. You'll be glad you did years down the road when you can afford to have fine assasian sisters both suck you off at once every night (my motivation to do good)

5.Never underestimate the power of black tea.

Gunm - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  14. phism

phism 12oz Member

phism - Replied Nov 5, 2003

drop out and live primitive.

money gets the bozack.

phism - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  15. Milton

Milton 12oz Senior Member

Milton - Replied Nov 5, 2003

LENS, what law school are u plannign to get into? I just got my lsat results a week ago... HOLLER

Milton - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages: