Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Hooking a tv up to a stero

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by FourOneTwo, Jan 4, 2003.

1. FourOneTwo

FourOneTwo Member

If anyone knows how to hook a tv up to my stereo so that the audio from the tv runs through the stereo speakers any knowledge would be apreciated. It would be simple if my tv had the red, white and yellow cable things but it doesnt. I do have the cord but there arent any outlets on my tv for them. If it is still possible for me to do this please tell me how. peace

2. SukiSukiNow

SukiSukiNow Dirty Dozen Crew

Unless your TV has the outlet ports for you to plug in cables, I don't think it's possible. Sorry.

3. podrido

podrido Veteran Member

does your stero have a audio out? if it does it should have a space called phono.

u need a chord its usually yellow and red, or white and red.
    your tv also need to have the audio out thingy, if it doesnt. then u hook it up to your vcr, if u dont have a vcr. hook it up to your cable box or digital cable box.

4. FourOneTwo

FourOneTwo Member

I already hooked the cords up to my vcr and it didnt seem to work...

5. podrido

podrido Veteran Member

u need to hit play on your vcr in order for the stereo to pick up the sound, dont ask why.

6. FourOneTwo

FourOneTwo Member

ok thanks, ill go try that

7. sneak

sneak Guest

may i ask why? im curious...

8. WhAt_dA_fUcK

WhAt_dA_fUcK Senior Member

just for personal gain.....did that work?

9. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

coaxial to RCA converter at radio shack.... the end.

10. socrates

socrates Guest

give dirty a dollar....the end

11. FourOneTwo

FourOneTwo Member

its not worth paying for....

12. InnerCityRebel

InnerCityRebel Veteran Member

email me fouronetwo.tell me exactly what you have and what you want to do..i will be able to tell you if it is possible..i hook this shit up for a living so it will be no problem..

13. Born Loser

Born Loser New Jack

IF YOUR TV HAS A HEADPHONE JACK YOU CAN DO IT THAT WAY. GET A CORD THAT GOES FROM HEADPHONE TO AUX PLUGS.

14. S@T@N

[email protected]@N Senior Member

::RETARD BRAINSTORM::

Hmm.. if I could split the red whit and yellow cables that are the output from my Xbox (I'm a dork, shutup) could I have the video going to my TV directly and the audio going to my stereo only, hypothetically muting my TV but giving me awesome sound through my stereo?

15. FourOneTwo

FourOneTwo Member

i emailed you and here are the pictures:

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00276599f00000004.jpg'>
    back of tv
    [img]http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00276599f00000002.jpg'>
    vcr
    [img]http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00276599f00000003.jpg'>
    stereo

peace