Hooking a tv up to a stero

FourOneTwo

If anyone knows how to hook a tv up to my stereo so that the audio from the tv runs through the stereo speakers any knowledge would be apreciated. It would be simple if my tv had the red, white and yellow cable things but it doesnt. I do have the cord but there arent any outlets on my tv for them. If it is still possible for me to do this please tell me how. peace

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

does your stero have a audio out? if it does it should have a space called phono.

u need a chord its usually yellow and red, or white and red.

your tv also need to have the audio out thingy, if it doesnt. then u hook it up to your vcr, if u dont have a vcr. hook it up to your cable box or digital cable box.

::RETARD BRAINSTORM::

Hmm.. if I could split the red whit and yellow cables that are the output from my Xbox (I'm a dork, shutup) could I have the video going to my TV directly and the audio going to my stereo only, hypothetically muting my TV but giving me awesome sound through my stereo?

Originally posted by I-Patch-Clan

email me fouronetwo.tell me exactly what you have and what you want to do..i will be able to tell you if it is possible..i hook this shit up for a living so it will be no problem..

i emailed you and here are the pictures:

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00276599f00000004.jpg'>

back of tv

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00276599f00000002.jpg'>

vcr

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00276599f00000003.jpg'>

stereo

peace

run RCA cables from your vcr's audio out jack...if its a mono audio out jack you will have to get a single male to 2 famale splitter (i don't know the technical name) to the inputs on your stereo. turn on your vcr and turn your stereo to phono/aux. Thats how I have mine rigged up.

Guest HOST18 DYM
Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

coaxial to RCA converter at radio shack.... the end.

This is the best way. And since your too cheap to spend a few bucks on it, you should be stealing it. Why anyone would spend money in radio shack is beyond me anyway.

Kids these days want home theater with a tv from 1989.

Originally posted by S@T@N

Hmm.. if I could split the red whit and yellow cables that are the output from my Xbox (I'm a dork, shutup) could I have the video going to my TV directly and the audio going to my stereo only, hypothetically muting my TV but giving me awesome sound through my stereo?

yes you can.

and to fourtwoone:

listen to dirty habit you dumbass! its the easiest way.

and to i patch clan:

how the fuck do i get a job as easy as yours?

wow hooking up rca cables all day, and maybe a video cable once and again

that job would rule

Originally posted by HOST18 DYM

This is the best way. And since your too cheap to spend a few bucks on it, you should be stealing it. Why anyone would spend money in radio shack is beyond me anyway.

Kids these days want home theater with a tv from 1989.

sounds good....

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

I told you how to do it, now recognise. There's no profession (Mr. Professional stereo tv hooker upper up there :rolleyes:) about it, get the converter... end of story.

Dirty Habit is right about the converter..since you don't have RCA ins on the back of ur tv...as for the profession comment.i beg to differ on that..i get paid good money to hook that shit up..along with crestron and multi-room systems,,,

Archived