Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Ghost in the Shell: Innocence

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Sora, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Sora

Sora New Jack

Well this movie came out to theatres on friday and me and my rommate and my friend are driving 3 hours to gainsville to see this movie tongiht, I was wondering if anyone else has seen it yet and what they thought about it without giving spoilers and/or they can warn us about the spoilers in the potential post..

anyway im so excited!

(and i searched and didnt find a thread on it)

2. If i drove 3 hours to see a movie it would suck even if it was a masterpiece if you know what i mean

3. Sora

Sora New Jack

it's only playign in select theatres for a short period of time and i would much rather see this movie in a theatre than on DVD..

ADA/anime dorks anonimuos.. im actually extremely excited =P

4. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

premiered here like 2 weeks ago.
    We've got a bit of a film festival thing happening.

5. Sora

Sora New Jack

gay. im jealous.

6. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

7. Gunm

Gunm Banned

I hear there's a lot of techno-babble mumbo jumbo in it to the point that it really detracts from the film.

8. slave_one

slave_one Elite Member

if you liked the 1st one, you will not be disappointed.
    the only thing that might disappoint you, i say might,
    is that there is not enough action, imo. but the graphics
    and the storyline alone will blow you away. oh and you have
    to read the subtitles of course, which takes away from you
    enjoying the visuals. other than that, if i had nothing else to do,
    i would've driven the 3 hours to go see it.

[​IMG]

9. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

side note:

pick up the movie 'Avalon'
    Same director.... LIVE ACTION!!!!

10. Sora

Sora New Jack

11. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

get this..... I've edited over 80 hours of anime content for North American televison.....

I dont even need to read the translation script anymore.
    Well.... I dont know what they are saying either.... but I can guess, and I'm usually right.

12. seppuku

seppuku Member

avalon sucked.
    i haven't seen innocence yet, but i have the dvd rip...

13. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

14. DREDZ

DREDZ Senior Member

the shit was pretty hot
    ...it was visually stunning, but i wish that they had went through the trouble to dub it in english for it's western release...maybe i'm just a lazy american, but i found it hard to pay attention to the art, style, and overall aesthetic of the movie; because i had to try and pay attention to the subtitles in order to keep up with the wild-ass storyline...the shit was still raw as hell though...