Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

-Desperation Food-

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Spuds Mckenzie, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Spuds Mckenzie

Spuds Mckenzie Member

Your sitting in your house in your boxers and pasties. You know you aint goin out for no food but youre hungry as fuck. There aint shit to eat except those last few items that you never want till you've opened the fridge, then the cabinet then the fridge again like 600 times.
    Whats your last option desperation food?

Mine is always:

Grilled cheese.
    Speghettio's.
    Top Ramen.

2. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

I got udd cans of tuna on stock for shit like this.

3. 1. Take the bread-slice it-insert feta cheese-insert olive pate-eat
    2. Omelete
    3. pasta with ketchup

4. Gunm

Gunm Banned

scrambled eggs and grilled chopped onion

Ramen (of course)

Cheese quesadilla

I dunno....I am a pretty competant cook so even when the pantry and fridge is bare i can still whip something up that doesn't make me feel like i am living on skid row

5. Some1

Some1 12oz Loyalist

waffles & pbj= bangin

tuna & celary on a waffle= bangin

eggs with any mix of vegetables and or meat= bangin

any of the soup cans with labels ripped off from the previous owners of wherei live= scary sometimes suprising filled meal
    which 63% of the time is bangin

6. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

7. you handsome kids are so culinary

8. Chunky Soup and ramen rock the spot most of the time. But sometimes I'm not feeling that, so I make myself an obnoxiously large glass of chocolate milk (a good 30 ounces) that instantly puts me out of comission for a while.

I don't go hungry much anymore, but back in college I would literally run out of all types of edible items and would resort to drinking a lot of beer until I felt full. It worked beautifully.

9. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

Refried beans
    Tortilla
    Tapatio
    30 secs in the microwave

10. FunTimePartyTeam

FunTimePartyTeam Senior Member

Chilling in Tai Pei for a buisness trip right now, at 7-11 which is actually covienient (AKA. every block and a half), they have these hard boiled eggs which are boiled in green tea. Shits great. Its 10$NT which is like 30 cents. Sweet.

Funtimes in Taiwan.

11. Some1

Some1 12oz Loyalist

I have def done that works wonders

12. FunTimePartyTeam

FunTimePartyTeam Senior Member

I agree, so long as its not made with a powder.

13. Shufty

Shufty New Jack

scambled eggs and alot of salt.
    milkshakes..
    breakfast cereal
    peanut butter and banana sandwiches

14. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

i know you're trying to be an ass, but seriously, i almost went to culinary school. my dad is a great chef, i learned from him and my grandmother. i can cook up some pretty darn good "home made" food like her and some culinary "works of art" like my dad. my little cousin is going to school for this, he too grew up around my dad and grandma. for his age, he's really good.

15. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

[post=4350394]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

but something i makle on the regular when the goods are running low, is this pasta my dad taught me a while ago, its what i always eat when there aint shit to eat

you get some pasta, doesnt really matter what kind, but the smaller ones in a shap work out better such as penne, and you boil it until nice and soft

chop about a 1/4 of a cup of each celery and onion, and if you like maybe a little bit of garlic

heat a sauce pan large enough to fit the pasta you have, drizzle a bit of olive oil on there

heat up to about medium heat, once its hot enough, if you wanted garlic add it there first, then wait a bit and proceed to add the celery and onion

once the onion and celery have heated a bit add the pasta and put the heat on low

mix everything around for maybe a 2-3 minutes

then add enough sour cream to cover the pasta.

now you can turn off the heat.

add salt and pepper to taste

and eat when everything is done

/CASH