Cleaning ink stains

KillPretty

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

damn. good luck with that.

i had a bathtub full of bucketpaint once and it was there for a good month before i got around to cleaning it. i dont even remember what i had to use as far as chemicals go but it took hours on end for days to get it all up.

bad situation you got there.

no that it really matters but i racked like 10 different kinds of inks that day and i was messing around with them tryin them in different markers (the fountain pen ink sucked ass by the way) and the top didnt close a filled a bag full of deco paint pens with blue ink and soaked onto the floor. about a month before that i set a bucket down for a sec and didnt know it was leaking till i got home. oh and thank god ive got no parents to answer to cause id be grounded for like a WEEK! wheww! just got to worry about the $1000 deposit. thanks for the help im about to try it this week and ill give yeah an update on how it goes (im fuckin lazy)

I think I saw it posted twice before but go to Home Depot or Lowes and get GOOF OFF. It is the best bet for any kind of stain. It works really good with ink or paint on your floor, shoes, backpack, seats, etc. I have yet to find a stain that GOOF OFF can't get out in all seriousness. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

goof off is good. if that doesn't work, go to the hardware store and buy some paint thinner and gloves. soak a rag in paint thinner and rub vigorously. you can also wrap a putty knife in a thinner soaked rag and use it to "scrape" away the stain. If that doesn't work, try laquer thinner, it is "hotter" and will activate some things paint thinner won't. Don't be stupid, open windows wear gloves. Also if the bucket paint was latex(water based) then a hot water rag and the putty knife trick should work. cover the floor next time.

Originally posted by haunts@Mar 13 2005, 06:15 PM

damn. good luck with that.

i had a bathtub full of bucketpaint once and it was there for a good month before i got around to cleaning it. i dont even remember what i had to use as far as chemicals go but it took hours on end for days to get it all up.

bad situation you got there.

I just read this and thought to myself, What in the hell were you doing with a bath tub full of bucket paint?? :huh2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
FUCK THE BUFF. This dudes a oinker trying to get some advice...

I think the only way is to resand it and then restain your floor unless you wanna replace the whole section of that floor.

^here piggy piggy piggy, aww, thats my good pig, oh yes you are...