1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Chilled Express: instant classic

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by Cracked Ass, May 10, 2004.

1. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass 12oz Veteran Member

Chilled Express: instant classic

Discussion started by Cracked Ass - May 10, 2004

Man, these things are filling up fast. I have 15 so far, half of which are hurried crap because I'm willing to take a little extra risk to hit these. I redeemed the crap with a few nice pieces.
    These cars are going to be what the Solid Colds were in freight graff, a preferred surface due to flatness, white background, and great play. (In fact, they ARE the old Solid Colds, refurbished, so somewhere under the fresh paint, and your new piece, is probably some buffed history.) Some of the first few to be converted (it might be my imagination, but it seems like the ones with rivets down the side) already have that dirty, road-dusty look, the slow aging toward a beat-down off-white.
    Here's to a colorful future for this reefer fleet.

Cracked Ass - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  2. goonstock

goonstock 12oz Member

goonstock - Replied May 10, 2004

agreed. those things are beauties.

goonstock - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  3. ASER1NE

ASER1NE 12oz Veteran Member

ASER1NE - Replied May 10, 2004

We get like none of these around here , the only time i see one or two on a line is when theyre just too heaty to paint , or just stoppin by for an hour or so ....so i havent been able to hit one , nor do i envision it soon .
    On the bright side i hit my second ABOX over the weekend :yum:
    ( dont see them often either )

ASER1NE - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  4. FR8HOUND

FR8HOUND Dirty Dozen Crew

FR8HOUND - Replied May 10, 2004

I agree with Cracked, these things are beauties!!!!!!!! I haven't been able to get one yet myself..I was seeing them rolling, but not at our usual paint spot..Guess what, they just started appearing there, and I'm scoping out a possible assault..Also, hey Cracked, I think I found that wine spot..remember?..Thanks bro, hope to see you and _ _ _ soon..

FR8HOUND - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  5. porque

porque 12oz Senior Member

porque - Replied May 11, 2004

...most definately...i've only gotten one so far because they just don't come through here much...i can't wait to bag some more...

porque - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  6. angelofdeath

angelofdeath 12oz Elite Member

angelofdeath - Replied May 11, 2004

yeah the chilled express's are pretty damned awesome. i got a few of them so far, i guess like 8 or 9, but i really want to get some of those white bnsf's with the icicles....

angelofdeath - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  7. HELEX

HELEX Guest

HELEX - Replied May 11, 2004

I wont lie or tell no bullshit!but i will say i have nothing but those white and gold refregerated upfe's in my yard all the time.Its just because where i live, we have a lot of produce in my area.I didnt know those whites were refurbished!if you notice they have all the refrigeration on the one side but it is actually on the outside, in which i belive the overall legth is longer. i have an estimated 1600 freight flicks of just upfe golds and whites!ever painted one?i got the flick!!this is no shit and the heads who know me will vouch for me!!!

enjoy you golden oldies!!
    HELEX ONE
    LOVE METAL

8. rob deer

rob deer Guest

rob deer - Replied May 12, 2004

group hug

9. IRON HEAD

IRON HEAD 12oz Senior Member

IRON HEAD - Replied May 12, 2004

Chilled Express love...

I didn' thtink these were that hard to come across... It's true what HELEX says i guess its where your from... I seen a bunch rolling but i've only hit 1:( ... But yeah those are beautiful.. But i still preffer BNSF icsicles..

IRON HEAD - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  10. AORAone

AORAone 12oz Veteran Member

AORAone - Replied May 12, 2004

*tear* just what i need.

ive seen a few of these, i saw a few being rolled through whats usually a layup spot, but it didnt stop, both sides were clean too. kinda depresing.

AORAone - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  11. Average White Railfan

Average White Railfan 12oz Senior Member

Average White Railfan - Replied May 12, 2004

i got an incomplete piece on one.
    we got raided so im a little sketched about them here.
    it will be a whie before i muster up the nads to go for them again.

Average White Railfan - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  12. GucciHoochie

GucciHoochie 12oz Member

GucciHoochie - Replied May 13, 2004

They are not old sold colds, chilled express is a whole different design, you can climb inside where the motor is, you cant do that with old sold colds, old solid colds are just stamped UPFE i see them daily.

GucciHoochie - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  13. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass 12oz Veteran Member

Cracked Ass - Replied May 13, 2004

Wrong. There are a small number running with UPFE and BNFE marks. But the vast majority were herded together at a northwestern spot I will not name in 2001 and refurbished. That included cutting out the ends with the old refrigeration equipment and building in the new equipment. A lot of work, but UP probably decided the mass retrofit was cheaper than ordering a new fleet.
    Gold UPFEs are the next to go, some have been redone already and are coming out as white freshpaints with ARMN marks but retaining the old UPFE soft ridges.

Cracked Ass - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  14. GucciHoochie

GucciHoochie 12oz Member

GucciHoochie - Replied May 14, 2004

ya well this is all old news to me, i been painting these trains for a couple years now.

GucciHoochie - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  15. InnerCityRebel

InnerCityRebel 12oz Veteran Member

InnerCityRebel - Replied May 14, 2004

i see one or two of those baddies when i go to the bench spot.I do see alot of the gold UPFE's though.Also believe Helex i know he has a prime spot for both the whites and golds

InnerCityRebel - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages: