Sean Combs

Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

This dude was sus from the beginning…..Puff Daddy and Bad Boy…..corniest names ever and dude should have been clowned hard for those. He did have some amazing music on his label (Biggie), sure, but half the time he put himself on the records nearly ruining them. I didn’t fuck with anything Bad Boy back in the day except Notorious Thugs.

• Like 2
  • Truth 2
  • Props 1

The entire music industry is plants, or people willing to do anything for record execs including taking it in the ass, literally. Every once in a while someone with Talent comes along like Biggie making the exception to the rule. Other than Biggie, the entire Junior Mafia was garbage. In fact, the more I'm learning about this Diddy shit the more I'm realizing why all of that pop rap was trash. 

A lot of people think music was better back in the pre-internet era, I think for the most part, yeah, maybe the underground shit that wasn't heavy rotation at the radio stations was. As far as what's really popular goes though, there's no question the popular shit on heavy rotation now is much better unless you're in your emotions and idealizing that era. Even the retro shit that intentionally sounds like old NYC, old LA, old Memphis is arguably as good today as it was back then. Comparing the popular shit though, you'd have to purposely exclude the garbage these industry turd burglars were putting out and only compare todays popular shit to to your favorites from back in the day.

TLDR: The music industry < the internets.