People with kids being bad coworkers.

Dirty_habiT

Lol, amazing to me that people still smoke the analogues.  They stink like hell and I can't believe I was ever a smoker.  100% agree.  They have to take a 15m break every hour.  If they get paid the same as me, it effectively means they're making 25% more than me or I'm doing 25% more work than they are for the same pay.

I would definitely not hire anyone that smells like cigarettes in an interview for this reason along.  Not to mention their nic fit volatility.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Agreed. I worked with one guy who would take several smoke breaks an hour, sometimes for 20 minutes, and when I made a joke to him about it in a large group lunch (though I was being somewhat serious) he got super-defensive and claimed he was working from his phone. Right... you're using Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign from your phone, got it. And then several others in the group jumped on the pile and gave him shit about his defense. It eventually turned into a "non-smokers are crybabies" argument, at which point he lost all credibility. 

• Like 1
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 1

I used to exploit the smoke breaks like a mother fucker when I smoked. It was awesome. It honestly kept me smoking longer than I wanted just because I knew I could excuse long breaks all day. Now I hate the same people I used to smoke with for doing it. Funny how that works.

• Truth 3

5 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

I used to exploit the smoke breaks like a mother fucker when I smoked. It was awesome. It honestly kept me smoking longer than I wanted just because I knew I could excuse long breaks all day. Now I hate the same people I used to smoke with for doing it. Funny how that works.

Its crazy the shit you are blind to when you are a smoker. I never noticed the shit smelled bad. Like smelled so bad you can tell if some one has just lit up from 30 ft away.

I used to smoke all up in peoples houses and leave big ass piles of butts on their porch. The houses were always vacant but when the project managers would call me out on that shit, I had the fucking audacity to tell these people that I dont even smoke. Lol like I was fucking fooling anyone.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

@mr.yuck I still smoke sometimes if I drink, which I rarely even do. But I’ve had a cigarette and put a mask on and it is fucking disgusting. Really puts in perspective on how nasty your breath and stench is. All that cig breath getting stuck right on your face. Reminds me why I only do it while I make other poor health decisions.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

Shit at work made me think of this thread. Dude working under me still hasn’t grasped things after a fucking year on the job.

I didn’t train him, probably not the best hire but he shadows me in my area. Hasn’t asked a fucking question up until this week. I gave him an assignment a week ago - would take me 20 mins and it is still not done.

Shit show, some people are just not motivated.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 2

11 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

How long do you go between smoking and not smoking. I quit several years ago and I got really stressed out on a job and power puffed some shit one of the guys was smoking and almost passed out. I had to sit down for a few mins.

I drink maybe once a month. And I’ll smoke if I’m drinking with smokers. Not often at all. My hangovers are brutal tho and the last thing I want after a night of drinking and smoking is a cigarette. I think if I had a sober one I’d get the same response to it that you did.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...