The 12ozProphet Podcast Discussion

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 3 years later...
2 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

been sitting there reacting to everybody without realising this was an old thread.

it could be great to do a podcast with 12oz. there is a great diversity of users that could contribute.

Your comment made me remember an interview YouTube show (so not exactly a podcast) on SLAP Forums where a thread would be created with a cut off date for users to submit questions. Then the host would interview a pro skater and include those questions. The skater could answer or skip them, since some were obvious trolls. It was really entertaining while it lasted.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, LUGR said:

Your comment made me remember an interview YouTube show (so not exactly a podcast) on SLAP Forums where a thread would be created with a cut off date for users to submit questions. Then the host would interview a pro skater and include those questions. The skater could answer or skip them, since some were obvious trolls. It was really entertaining while it lasted.

think you can dig up links? Be great to have people reference ideas and drop links. If so, I’ll check them out and if the idea fits, we can consider incorporating it. 

4 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

@LUGR thats pretty rad - making it interactive. The Reddit AMA "ask me anything" with notable responders tend to be pretty big - same concept but with a podcast, thats rad. 

Yeah, it was really rad and it was extremely popular within the forum. They even interviewed at least one forum member. Still not raking in major view #’s or anything but cool that a forum user put that all together and got anybody who wanted to participate involved.

• 3 months later...

This is 100% not spam

Just started working for a podcast advertising marketplace and discovered the AI voice generator thing we use to build potential ads for clients.

https://www.wondercraft.ai/

We use it to make quick ads to demonstrate how their ad might sound in Vietnamese or chinese or whatever.

saves our smaller clients having to set up recordings.

just adding it here  @misteravenin case it's of any use to you.

you could copy and paste a thread into it and generate a podcast audio out of it.

or if people dont want their voices used.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

This is 100% not spam

Just started working for a podcast advertising marketplace and discovered the AI voice generator thing we use to build potential ads for clients.

https://www.wondercraft.ai/

We use it to make quick ads to demonstrate how their ad might sound in Vietnamese or chinese or whatever.

saves our smaller clients having to set up recordings.

just adding it here  @misteravenin case it's of any use to you.

you could copy and paste a thread into it and generate a podcast audio out of it.

or if people dont want their voices used.

wait, what?

you feed a script into the AI and it voices it out in any voice available? So for example we could do a three way interview with Paris Hilton, William Shatner and Cope 2 for example?

• LOL! 1

1 minute ago, misteraven said:

wait, what?

you feed a script into the AI and it voices it out in any voice available? So for example we could do a three way interview with Paris Hilton, William Shatner and Cope 2 for example?

ive only just started playing around in it

it's not that advanced sadly but some ideas below

ScreenShot2024-05-31at1_11_34pm.png.b31d0cc09c4c3a31d792bc941aa74555.png

like my coworker used to generate an ad read by a filipino for a filipino TV campaign.

she must have a better login than I because I can't see the languages

Just curious, what are you guys interested in seeing from a 12oz Podcast?

I mentioned a few directions I was considering in previous comments, but basically an "insider x everyman" type approach to broad array of topics largely focused on the creative community. Example, graffiti, art, graphic design, brands and fashion, etc. Not saying all poured into each episode but rather, have episodes dedicated to all things creative with each episode diving into a particular subject or representative of that subject.

I think the reason Rogan is successful, which was the precise formula that Oprah pioneered, was creating content for the everyday person. Oprah choose subjects and had a POV and approach that was pretty much what you'd get if you could sit with friends and invite some celebrity and just discuss. Rogan, essentially did the same from a male perspective. 

Anyhow, it's super simple, but my thought was to identify compelling subjects and then just explore them. Some might be directional, but the goal is to make them interesting and accessible to people outside the specific demographic the subject would normally appeal to.

• Like 2