Tulsi Gabbard sues Google, her account was banned right after the debate when she became the #1 most searched candidate

Mercer

No opinion on her politics one way or the other outside of my usual disdain for all politicians. That aside I like her personality more than any of the other candidates, probably most smashable Democrat celebrity. AOC looks good because she's young, but she also looks like she'd bite your pp if you requested a sandwich. Gabbard has massive milf appeal, knows how to surf, and would be down for dome with ice cubes in the mouth for your birthday just to be cool. No arguing, just just yoga, and healing crystals type wifey materiel.

tulsi-surfing_5.jpg.0cf04a59c9f73abee317cadd4e73533b.jpg

Chauvinistic assessments aside, we talk about the pitfalls of social media on 12oz but what about google. Looks like she made a huge impression during the debates and people wanted to learn more about her. She dropped loot to have the google searches take people to her campaign via google ads but during the peak of her name being searched, google shuts her account down, virtually killing all momentum. Makes you wonder what else they get away with, and how much of an influence they have over the American political system. I mean they did remove don't be evil from the preface in their official code of conduct.

If you value your own privacy, I'd suggest never using google chrome, and setting your default search engine to duck duck go instead.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Watched those videos... Crazy shit, though nothing I havent heard before or already knew about.

What is amazing to me is the total lack of accountability. These guys get up before congress and testify, then after the fact you have info come up that essentially shows the the person that testified was lying, or at least wrong, yet no heads roll. As we mentioned in some other thread (I think my social media one), Literally the week that the founder of twitter was testifying that shadow bands really wasn't a thing and certainly not biased politically, Facebook gets shown to have applied for a patent on shadow bans. I've personally heard podcasts with the founder of Twitter in which he explains the process implemented by them to suppress accounts that they don't want to have a voice on their platform and in fact even calls it a shadow ban. Yet, we're supposed to believe that their altruistic and somehow able to conduct themselves without bias? Is that even possible?

Facebook ultimately got a $5 billion dollar slap on the wrist for breaking the law with the Cambridge Analytica scandal. Sounds like a real punishment that would be painful enough to ensure it never happens again. Reality is that the stock market reaction (Facebook is publicly traded) was so relieved at the FTC decision and that it wasn't a real kick in the nuts, that their stock went up post announcement. That literally the uptick and value due to the relief of this punishment not actually being a significant detriment to Facebook, managed to erase the $5 billion and add almost an additional $5 billion in value to Facebook. Fuckin crazy.... And no mention of what happens to the $5 billion that gets handed over either.

Almost like when the NSA is proven to be lying to the American people, and violating the constitution and now Snowden is the fugitive. Nobody ever seems to be held accountable all the way down to that cop that shot the guy who was begging for his life who got the lifetime payout after murdering him on camera.

Granted, I don't believe in voting for politicians in the first place. Just wanted to point out the hypocrisy and hoped to encourage use of alternatives. Here's a private company openly violating/interfering with the political process almost flagrantly. I'm not sure how they can meet the burden of proof required for this suit or if googles excuse will enough. It will be interesting to see what happens, hoping it results in internal policy change at Google. 

Back to her personally, just watched her speak for the first time in this video. Seems like she's got some wisdom when it comes to war, and diplomacy. She lost me when she said we could be using that money for something else (outside of not confiscating it to begin with).

God damn google nerds gonna ruin everything. 

I fucks with her more any anyone else as well. Last election was the first time i had voted. I still had my reservations as i always have, but i now figure, fuck it. I’ll most likely be voting for her through the process this time around as long as things don’t get all screwy again, but lets be real, they will. 

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Props 1

Best thing anyone can do is to just ignore it IMO. Same way if everyone stopped watching Kim Kardashian and following her Instagram would make irrelevant overnight... Same thing would happen to politicians. They’d shit their pants I’d people stopped arguing, followed by just not giving a fuck. Power would evaporate soon after. 

• Truth 1

9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I'm on the fence between not voting, or just voting for the worst possible candidate to speed up the collapse. 

LOL. I voted for Johnson /nh last year because it seemed he actually had a shot to get the percentage to get another party in on the debates next election, not because i wholeheartedly believed in his policies. I was kind of on a kick about getting a third party publicly involved because i was moreso into the idea of preferential voting, an Australian friend kinda sold me on that system. But boy was i wrong about his chances. Now knowing about the fluffed numbers and people afraid to admit they were voting for Trump so they would say they were voting for Johnson, and so on, my efforts were futile. 

I also had to vote for the recreational weed in my home state so..

4 hours ago, Fist 666 said:

That's been my policy for the last few elections--vote third,  regardless of how moronic the candidate is. 

As long as my residency on paper is MA this will be my policy most likely, unless Tulsi needs the number to actually go the distance for the democratic party. MA hasn’t swung Republican since like 1984, and has only voted Rep. 4 times since 1928. It’s a pretty safe bet your vote isn’t “wasted” voting third in MA. 

Edit: Well, any more wasted than just throwing another ballot at the Democratic party. 

Edited by abrasivesaint

That sums up the NYC political scene, I think less than 10% regularly vote in republican primaries. Being a registered Democrat here allows you to actually have some sort of choice of who get's elected, because the only chance of that is in the primaries. Before becoming disillusioned with voting's effectiveness I'd look up each candidate, check who my local union supported, etc.before voting in every democratic primary.

Voted for Bernie last go (wasn't an Ancap/Agorist yet), I also participated in the general election after because this was my wife's 1st chance as a U.S. citizen to vote and didn't want to miss it. I knew there was no way another vote for Hillary from a deep blue state like NY mattered so I normally I wouldn't have wasted my time.

When I went into the booth, and thought about what I was doing for a second this strange guilty pleasure type feeling came over me when I thought about, what if I said fuck it, voted for this retarded motherfucker Trump. To me Hillary stole this shit from Bernie anyway, and I figured he was no more Racist that Hillary "super predator" Clinton (I was wrong), then I thought no, the dude is a bafoon and would be an embarrassment for me personally as an American if he won, so I just voted for Hillary.

After a few years of pretty intense economic, and political study I've determined this entire system is a dead end, and society cannot possibly evolve past this stage of almost open corruption. Voters aren't qualified to decide shit like climatology, military strategy, etc. considering the current political climate. Having done so much work directly for State, Federal, and City level governments over the years as a contractor, profiting so heavily from taxpayer rape, and witnessing the waste that follows after first hand makes you a believer. People who get elected, and are in charge of the funds have to spend most of their time fundraising for their party, or next campaign. It's almost as if their jobs depended on it, so they're not meticulously planning how to improve life for their voters in the most efficient manner.

I currently fantasize about voting Bernie this time in the General, just because I think we're on the brink of not making our interest payments on the debt we're currently carrying and will need to do something drastic soon. Most Democrats are promising Trillions in student loan, and healthcare funds that we don't have to spare. There's no way they can gank that much from taxpayers, or print themselves without setting in motion another major collapse, which I just so happen to be betting on right now with my own money. I don't think they can squirm their way out of these unbelievably bold campaign promises moving forward, and still hold their seats much like Trump will do anything to build a wall. The public is way too polarized for any reasonable compromise.

57 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Voted for Bernie last go (wasn't an Ancap/Agorist yet)

57 minutes ago, Mercer said:

so I just voted for Hillary.

Oof, skeletons all falling out of the closet... LOL!

58 minutes ago, Mercer said:

cannot possibly evolve past this stage of almost open corruption.

Dude, HRC literally got caught rigging the primaries and adding insult to injury, brought the disgraced head of the DNC onto her campaign! Nothing ALMOST about it.

Shit is already on some banana republic shit at the Federal level.

I've dropped this link before, but time to repost... All of you guys need to read this: http://www.definingthemachine.com/party_dues.html

• Congress specifically the House of Representatives is a “Pay to Play” system.

• Party leadership tells congressional members how much money they need to raise to give to back to the party.

• Party leadership tells congressional members where and whom they should raise this money from.

• In turn for raising this money Party leadership "rewards" congressional members with positions of authority, which in turn allows the congressional member to promote or stall legislation. 

• The reward of higher positions also increases the congressional member’s ability to raise funds and again further their congressional career.

• Party leadership "punishes" congressional members if they do not raise funds as directed by party leadership.

• Props 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

I don't think they can squirm their way out of these unbelievably bold campaign promises moving forward, and still hold their seats much like Trump will do anything to build a wall. The public is way too polarized for any reasonable compromise.

Disagree with this statement. It's precisely by polarizing the general public that they'll maintain this charade until it collapses. They'll continue to do what they've always done... They will simply point fingers across the aisle as the reason they cannot deliver. They will call out the last administration as why things are a mess, ad infinitum until it falls apart. I genuinely believe this is the entire plan and have some insight from people on the edges of all this, that they're all preparing for it themselves.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, misteraven said:

Oof, skeletons all falling out of the closet... LOL!

Dude, HRC literally got caught rigging the primaries and adding insult to injury, brought the disgraced head of the DNC onto her campaign! Nothing ALMOST about it.

Shit is already on some banana republic shit at the Federal level.

I've dropped this link before, but time to repost... All of you guys need to read this: http://www.definingthemachine.com/party_dues.html

• Congress specifically the House of Representatives is a “Pay to Play” system.

• Party leadership tells congressional members how much money they need to raise to give to back to the party.

• Party leadership tells congressional members where and whom they should raise this money from.

• In turn for raising this money Party leadership "rewards" congressional members with positions of authority, which in turn allows the congressional member to promote or stall legislation. 

• The reward of higher positions also increases the congressional member’s ability to raise funds and again further their congressional career.

• Party leadership "punishes" congressional members if they do not raise funds as directed by party leadership.

I think the Clintons just campaigned hard behind the scenes during the Bush years, by showing up for fundraising events for a huge number of democrat congress/senate. In many cases, these people felt they owed it to the Clintons to fight for her during the primaries sometimes gloves off. Obama got the black vote by default, and so she had to wait 8 more years, still fundraising for the party, almost a guaranteed shoe in.

Unfortunately her middle of the road brand was too outdated. Bernie outpaced her until he lost the black vote after those fat bitches bum rushed him on stage, then Georgia congress dude from the civil rights movement claimed the Clinton's were there for the civil rights movement, and Bernie was not. All bullshit but that's politics, and there's never been any evidence of Hillary's direct involvement outside of having a massive amount of clout in the party, and making smart moves by hiring the chair, AKA a very loyal supporter with plenty of political clout.

Granted, I think they're most criminals for other reasons, but Trump is a much worse look IMO. I've been driving with my wife, and stopped at checkpoints, forced to prove our citizenship for practically no reason other than traveling near a border. I can't picture my wife holding an aluminum foil blanket and no shower for weeks like this US citizen. How can I possibly be considered innocent until proven guilty now, if the burden of proof involves me producing documents like a passport etc. to prove I haven't violated an immigration law.  Trump also increased spending, gun control, barriers to international trade etc. No friend of the free market. There's no defending him, only throwing shade at his opposition. I've concluded supporting either (any) candidate is an embarrassment in retrospect. I feel so strongly about this I'll never support the system again, and have instead opted to peacefully work against it.

• Props 1

15 hours ago, Mercer said:

After a few years of pretty intense economic, and political study I've determined this entire system is a dead end, and society cannot possibly evolve past this stage of almost open corruption. Voters aren't qualified to decide shit like climatology, military strategy, etc. considering the current political climate.

I cant believe i’m about to quote Fat Mike of NOFX but these lines of the song “The Idiots Are Taking Over” always stuck with me.

“There’s no point for Democracy when ignorance is celebrated. Political scientists get the same 1 vote as some Arkansas inbred. Majority rule, don’t work in mental institutions. Sometimes the smallest softest voice carries the grand, biggest solutions.” 

I’ve always held a very similar opinion, which has always fed this distrust of total democracy. People are fucking stupid. Left, right, center, it doesn't matter. The majority of people don’t have the time or interest to deep dive into issues. So they hear the talking points and say “thats my guy!” It’s great that so many people are getting more into politics because of the current administration, but it’s still dangerous if they don’t know what the fuck they’re talking about. 

You mentioned how you almost voted Trump as a “fuck it” vote Mercer. many people cast the “fuck you” or “fuck it” vote on Trump, but everyone likes to believe every voter for him is a racist piece of shit. There’s plenty of people who voted for him, friends and family included, that are now telling me “i believed the lie he was going to be for the working man, and i got fucking duped.” Social media politics has everyone voting with blinders on, but they now think they’re informed. They don’t dive into the story, the books, the articles, and so on.. they see a meme, or a headline, browse through it briefly (this might be generous) and go whole hog on that stance. 

I used to butt heads with a friends particular ex girlfriend all the time. She has views i almost always agreed on in broad strokes. She’s a social worker and generally a good person. We would always butt heads though because she was whole hog Democrat, and i was always full of questions. She always agreed and backed what the loudest democrat said, but seemingly had no foundation built as to why she agreed. She thought her masters degree certified that she was in the know. I used to always tell her, “don’t mistake your education for your intelligence.” Which naturally would result in her being very offended and railroad the conversation at hand, but i always hoped it would maybe make her think about what i said and why. I don’t know that it ever worked. 

Now as a disclaimer, i like to say that i’m no different, i think i’m a moron. That could be because i know i’m not the most well versed on many issues. However, i’ve been into politics for a long time. I try to read up on as much as i can. Like i mentioned somewhere around here about reading Chomsky for the first time in school, i was 15, i didn’t learn about politics in college, i didn’t even go to college. I wasn’t told what to read, or who, i found it. 

What I do know, is that a masters or a doctorates doesn’t mean you’re always right, and that guy that never left his small town in Iowa is always wrong. 

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1

Lot of interesting related and slight off topic points being made here.  I would wager that the average voter has little knowledge about any candidate running for anything, that their vote is less to do with making an informed choice and much, much more to do with recognizability, familiairity, and emotional manipulation.  

Let's be real and recognize that by the time any of these turds reach the level of being picked up by the public radar they've all been so polished that no one stops to think that she's the chick who lets her dog shit on your lawn in the early morning and walks away without picking it up and he tailgates old ladies in traffic and flips them off when he passes them.    

Lots of discussion throughout 12oz about social media, google, etc., but it appears that for all the complaints and alerts people here are still using them...?

Degrees... with the recent admissions scandal exposing what many already suspected... on the one hand it's a great accomplishment when you worked for it, and maybe you've developed some advanced knowledge or skill.  Or maybe you know how to parrot back the info to pass a test and earn a degree.  Or maybe you earned a degree, but what grades did you get?  Better to have the person with that Yale degree but they had a C average, or that U of Fiji degree with an A average?  Even if you got a degree legit, you might have advanced knowledge in one specific area of life but you get a flat tire and wait on someone to come help you.  Some people get a little too proud about that shit.

• Truth 1

I can definitely go off on a tangent so i’ll apologize for that now for the future, haha. I actually had to edit that twice because i realized i went way off topic and still think i kinda started straying but whatever. It’s all related in the grand scheme i suppose. 

It’ll be interesting to see who goes the distance for Democrats. If you ask the television news it’s the 2 old ass farts, Bernie and Biden (at least last i saw.) I’m hoping Gabbard makes a mark. Not saying things won’t be business as usual, things tend to get screwy once they’re finally in office, but she hits a lot of good points i think. 

Edit: I have Instagram but aside from that i leave social media alone. I don’t have a tv either. I cant stand television news or commercials. 

Edited by abrasivesaint

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

I'm all about the tangents, grade A premium open discussion. Interesting to read political conversations veering outside of everyone just making a statement, or conveying an opinion you've probably already read someplace else. 

Truth... Especially in the hyper-PC era we live in, its obvious a lot of people feel they can't even voice an opinion unless it coincides with what the bandwagon is saying.

So much for the people's respect for the first amendment, which ironically, was intended to protect unpopular speech.

• Props 1

6 hours ago, misteraven said:

Truth... Especially in the hyper-PC era we live in, its obvious a lot of people feel they can't even voice an opinion unless it coincides with what the bandwagon is saying.

So much for the people's respect for the first amendment, which ironically, was intended to protect unpopular speech.

It’s been a while since i’ve had a legitimate political discussion. 2 friends and I sat in my kitchen talking politics drinking beers after a night at the bar. At the end of the night one of them said something along the lines of “dude this was awesome. I can’t tell you the last time i did this, and can’t imagine being able to pull off the conversation we just had with almost anyone these days.” That was probably 3 years ago now. 

Theres a kid i know who is a friend of my cousin constantly posting pro-Trump and contrarian memes. I always DM him calling him on his bullshit, never publicly, he never responds.

edit: when i still had Facebook i would try to engage people and the only person who ever bit was one of my uncles, and it was the typical middle age  right wing white dude shit. Fairly boring for me, but at least he’d bite and try to back some claims. A lot of people on social media seem to like to act like they have these hard opinions until you press them a little bit and it all collapses. 

Edited by abrasivesaint

Couldnt edit again: a few months ago on an IG story i posted a stack of books with some comment like “i’ll be here if you need me.” They ranged from Howard Zinn, Timothy Snyder, Barry Goldwater to Karl Marx, and a couple others escaping me.. a few people, who generally have an opinion when the trending issues are in the newsDM’d me saying things like i was “all over the place” and i was “getting a little heavy.” Like reading the conservative and communist literature was a big ole no no. 

5 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

Couldnt edit again

There's a time limit to edits. This is so people don't play stupid games by changing their post and turning the context of follow up comments into something else. Example, getting everyone to post enthusiastic followup comments and then editing your post to say something like, "who wants to eat my ass?".

True story.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

Here’s an idea that just popped into my head. Now it’s not something i’d say i believe, and it’s a little tinfoil hat-y, but just something i weighed in my head..

What if, this Google thing was intentional, whether to her knowledge or not, probably not for plausible deniability. To me she makes the most sense as a strong Democratic candidate. Everyone else is an old white dude, has past scandal issues, and so on. Tulsi has good talking points that seemingly aren’t lip service or pandering. She prides herself on not taking lobbyist or PAC money. Trump has a lot of money behind him, to campaign hard and proper she would need a lot of money too. 50 million is a decent chunk of change.. 

Again, not saying this is something i believe, just toying with ideas. Maybe Google did it on purpose knowing a lawsuit would follow, leaving her hands unknowing and clean. Perhaps someone in her party had something to do with it.. she stands to gain free press, rallying support, and campaign funds..

Edited by abrasivesaint

2 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

Here’s an idea that just popped into my head. Now it’s not something i’d say i believe, and it’s a little tinfoil hat-y, but just something i weighed in my head..

What if, this Google thing was intentional, whether to her knowledge or not, probably not for plausible deniability. To me she makes the most sense as a strong Democratic candidate. Everyone else is an old white dude, has past scandal issues, and so on. Tulsi has good talking points that seemingly aren’t lip service or pandering. She prides herself on not taking lobbyist or PAC money. Trump has a lot of money behind him, to campaign hard and proper she would need a lot of money too. 50 million is a decent chunk of change.. 

Again, not saying this is something i believe, just toying with ideas. Maybe Google did it on purpose knowing a lawsuit would follow, leaving her hands unknowing and clean. 

Interesting theory and cool to see you thinking outside the box and trying to peak behind the curtain... I think it might be more likely that they could have conspired to boost her to the front of the line for virtually free. Reality is the lawsuit would go nowhere anyways, but I'll bet money that it gets dropped due to some backdoor deal that never gets disclosed. How simple would it be for this entire thing to be staged just so everyone talked about it. Until this happened, she was virtually unknown. Now everyone knows who she is because the entire MSM is talking about this story. Without this story, she's just another politician playing lip service, but with this story she got a platform that I'm not even sure $50 million could have paid for.

I suspect the same thing with the Nike, 4th of July release recall. They could have dropped it and made virtually nothing considering how massive they are. So instead you make a batch of shoes and stage a story about pulling it. In our hyper polarized society it was a no brainer that the cultural conversation would shift to this for the entire week, whereas another hype release would last about 3 minutes on the front page of Hypebeast. How tough would it be for a team of marketers to put a strategy like that together and considering they were all on the same team anyways, how hard would it be to orchestrate? Win / win for everyone since Nike got all the attention they wanted and meanwhile Colin comes off looking like the civil rights champion he's been working towards.

Just saying, all of us are playing checkers and those dudes are all on that 3D vulcan chess shit.

• Truth 1

For sure. So it sounds like we have the same train of thought, but you think the money is irrelevant, which i can agree to. The publicity is massive. Especially at a time when all these other Democratic women, “the squad,” are being attacked by the following of the right and being plastered all over the news. Prime time to slide in. 

Edited by abrasivesaint