Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Every year I visit my dad for about two weeks fox is on in the background at all times. I don’t get how people can deal with that constant fucking arguing, just playing though the air in their homes. 

is Reuters the only news channel that’s not basically propaganda??

• Truth 1

10 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Every year I visit my dad for about two weeks fox is on in the background at all times. I don’t get how people can deal with that constant fucking arguing, just playing though the air in their homes. 

is Reuters the only news channel that’s not basically propaganda??

I barely read any particular news anymore. I use twitter to follow the experts in the fields that I need to know about and read what they're reading.

This wolf warrior diplomacy is one of the dumbest things ever. The Chinese don't understand that there needs to be a difference between domestic and international propaganda.

image.png.4b10b5b7df62220be6b668f6e4db3a88.png

12 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

@Hua Guofanghow do you find those experts? And can you give me a few general follows you recommend? Been dipping into Twitter a little bit more lately. 

Sent you a DM, Twitter is a great news filter for the issues you're interested in. Start following the people/experts/journalists/etc. that you respect, then follow the people they follow etc and modulate from there. Make sure you follow experts or authoritative people who you disagree with to ensure that you're not just setting up an echo chamber for yourself.

I've been doing this for years on a couple of different accounts and I haven't opened a normal news website for years.

Here's also a few tips to get around paywalls:

Turn the newspage behind the paywall into a PDF and quite often you can get the article in full: https://webpagetopdf.com/

This one is a little hit and miss but is still worth a crack: https://outline.com/

49 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

@misteravenaight, so, I got today’s pod (4/16/20) queued up for my commute. 

1) who tf is this guy?

2) his website sure has a lot of ads, but no ‘about’ section

i anticipate you got some background info since I’ve seen you ref this pod in past posts. 🍻 

He's nobody special. Just a surprisingly smart dude that has his head on straight. He has a great way of putting things in pretty simple terms that are very hard to dispute. 

Let me know what you think after listening and I'll shoot you some links to a couple other classic episodes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

image.thumb.png.d42622cc87419e63b9b7c438721fdbd2.png

One thing that I've become quite proud of here in Australia is how prevalent the conversation is in mainstream media about how govts are prone to do power grabs at times like this, (the popular example is that income tax was implemented to fund the WWII costs but remained in place when the war was over) and that it is imperative that the media and voting public pay attention and react should life not return to normal when this is all over.

This is especially important as the Aust govt is requesting that at least 40% of the country install a tracking-type app on their phone for contact tracing (apparently doesn't track geoloc and other phone data but tracks, by blutooth who else you come in contact with - it's the same app that the Singapore govt has used and they're releasing the source code for it, etc. etc.), which I most certainly will not be installing.

6 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

One thing that I've become quite proud of here in Australia is how prevalent the conversation is in mainstream media about how govts are prone to do power grabs at times like this, (the popular example is that income tax was implemented to fund the WWII costs but remained in place when the war was over) and that it is imperative that the media and voting public pay attention and react should life not return to normal when this is all over.

This is especially important as the Aust govt is requesting that at least 40% of the country install a tracking-type app on their phone for contact tracing (apparently doesn't track geoloc and other phone data but tracks, by blutooth who else you come in contact with - it's the same app that the Singapore govt has used and they're releasing the source code for it, etc. etc.), which I most certainly will not be installing.

Won’t matter. Apple and Google already announced a week ago it’ll be part of an OS update soon enough. 

33 minutes ago, misteraven said:

Won’t matter. Apple and Google already announced a week ago it’ll be part of an OS update soon enough. 

Yes it will matter. The Google/Apple app is to run in conjunction with a govt reporting app. If you don't have both it won't make any difference.

Sure, Google/Apple could use the bluetooth data for their own nefarious purposes, but that would be pretty redundant as they get much richer data out of GPS/cell tower data, which they already have.