Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
2 hours ago, abrasivesaint said:

Never understood this “argument” haha. It’s some abusive mindset type shit.  

following this line of thought, you’d rather stay and try to change your ‘abusive partner’ ? 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

3 hours ago, Kults said:

following this line of thought, you’d rather stay and try to change your ‘abusive partner’ ? 

Fair question, haha. But i mean if the choices are stay and get slapped around or leave and get raped AND slapped around by the next guy, is that much of a choice? 

• Props 1
  • LOL! 1

Just now, abrasivesaint said:

Fair question, haha. But i mean if the choices are stay and get slapped around or leave and get raped AND slapped around by the next guy, is that much of a choice? 

so i guess it ain’t all bad was the point 

e: or should i say, better than the alternative  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kults said:

so i guess it ain’t all bad was the point 

e: or should i say, better than the alternative  

I wouldn’t argue that the US isn’t a great place in comparison, i’m a big fan. I live a comfortable life here compared to what many people around the world were born into. I dont think that doesn't mean we cant do better, or shouldn’t strive to do better. Admitting you have flaws isn’t a weakness. 

Edited by abrasivesaint
Damn spelling and grammar. Blame the schools.
  • Like 2
  • Truth 1

Just now, abrasivesaint said:

I wouldn’t argue that the US isn’t a great place in comparison, i’m a big fan. I live a comfortable life here compared to what many people around the world were born into. I dont think that doesn't mean we cant do, or shouldn’t strive to do, better. Admitting you have flaws isn’t a weakness. 

sure. it’s still the best available though. following the couples analogy, you’re still gonna have to change your ‘abusive partner’ since there’s no better one out there. it’s idealistic and until there’s a better system/partner it’s a bit of a lost cause. you can maybe get them to pick up after themselves a bit more but changing their fundamental views ain’t gonna happen. 

capitalism ftw , at least for now 

11 minutes ago, Kults said:

sure. it’s still the best available though. following the couples analogy, you’re still gonna have to change your ‘abusive partner’ since there’s no better one out there. it’s idealistic and until there’s a better system/partner it’s a bit of a lost cause. you can maybe get them to pick up after themselves a bit more but changing their fundamental views ain’t gonna happen. 

capitalism ftw , at least for now 

I agree with the “Capitalism ftw for now.” Which is not a way i’ve always felt. I dont think accepting the fundamental views as unchangeable is an absolute though, i think it’s a copout for poor behavior. Klan members have hung up their robes, pacifists have turned violent and vice versa, ect..

I personally wasn’t always the biggest fan of Capitalism. Educating myself and thinking about it for years on end changed my view. I will also fully credit @misteravenand @Mercerfor having a hand in that to some degree.

I think there’s always room for modification. I think most, if not all, isms have their pros and cons. I used to have a “yolo” nihilist outlook on the world, and used it as an excuse for bad behavior. While i still may be a nihilist in my belief that in the end it means nothing, i no longer use that as an excuse. It may mean nothing in the end “for me”, but it can still effect those left behind, and still has meaning while i’m here. 

Sure nothing is perfect, the sober person might slip and use again, the pacifist acts violent.. but in the big picture, it is possible to change your view and behavior. 

• Like 1
  • Props 1

On 5/18/2021 at 1:43 PM, Mercer said:

No business license, zoning violations for their neighborhood,  and most likely a multitude of health code violations as they're selling food.

Assuming a Karen living close by noticed these kids doing something good/helpful in their neighborhood and reported them. Luckily their local gov didn't issue fines.

ridiculous 

D57A3EB2-84F2-474E-9331-D0DFC3EE34E4.jpeg

• LOL! 3