The Off Grid living thread (Dropping out the rat race)

misteraven

2 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

do they have a more dense center when they’re this small? Assuming size has to affect the taste

This one is on the smaller side.  The bigger ones I've seen look pretty dense.  This one only had a bit of pink to it, pretty unimpressive and not flick worthy.  It had seeds, it was pretty juicy, good flavor.  Only about two big spoonfuls per half.  Didn't mind the seeds, they have  a lot of nutrients.

• Like 3

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 9/13/2021 at 10:46 AM, Dark_Knight said:

Anyone have any greenhouse knowledge? Thinking about installing one once I’m in my new pad 

On 9/13/2021 at 1:00 PM, Dark_Knight said:

backyard. There’s a deck in the back that I probably won’t utilize much, so I wanted to replace it with a greenhouse

On 9/13/2021 at 2:01 PM, Dark_Knight said:

Im experienced in gardening, but not experienced in greenhouses. Would probably get a kit thats 6x8. The area is well lit. Not really sure how to do it at all though. I’d like it to be 4 seasons. Idk how realistic that is. I’d be doing fruits and veggies

Hope you don't mind me quoting you over here but think it's come up in conversation before in this thread and thought @misteraven or possibly @Dirty_habiThad dropped some interesting ideas before?

One thing that came to mind since your post, if you're building your own structure having a rain water collection system would be a cool add on.

• Props 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bumping it up with some recent travel to a small crab fishing village by the sea.  I barely touched any form of electronics for 2 weeks, mostly hiking, being by the ocean, or reading.  No stores or anything of brand name recognition for at least 30-40min away.  My head rested about 50' from the ocean, close enough that windy/stormy nights sent ocean spray against the windows.  My daily view was the mouth of the harbor and then open ocean.  Will post a few as I can.  

• Props 3

1612229071_IMG_8509copy.thumb.png.379d37103dfc9ec290fe95e6c05a4dec.png

These guys really bust their ass so others can eat seafood.  Up & out early as fuck, often in shitty conditions to collect or make their catch.  Then back to the harbor or others to hand their catch off to various distributors or processors.  Lot of local politics and regulations involved that I love hearing about from the local fishmonger we know.