Not fast or furious enough.

CILONE/SK

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Pretty unfortunate.

From what I understand, he was at a charity fundraiser, which makes it a little depressing. Supposedly he was pretty generous in terms of charity and similar causes.

He had a house near my hometown. Friends who worked at restaurants would see him come in somewhat regularly. Everyone who encountered him had only good things to say, which I feel is rare in terms of celebrities and the like.

Can't really knock that. He provided me with, while painfully corny at times, a pretty consistently entertaining movie franchise.

RIP bud.

I'll try not to laugh so hard at the cheap taillights and other car modifications your movies helped inspire over that past decade+

I have heard anything bad about the guy either.

As for F&F, I have seen them all except for the Tokyo one. They were cheesy movies, but top notch cheesy movies. I saw the last one not to long ago and all I have to say about it is "the runway at the end was long as fuck".

Reddit

"I'm posting this with a throw away account because I don't want to profit from this tragedy, but here are some facts about the accident today that everyone needs to know:

I was at the event an hour before the crash and 3 of my close friends were first responders at the scene.

Paul was NOT driving the car, the car was being driven by Roger Rodas, his business partner at Always Evolving

They were NOT street racing - There was no other car involved

The only car involved was a Porsche Carrera GT owned by Always Evolving, which is part owned by Paul Walker

The crash happened on a quiet industrial area, directly in front of the AE shop

Paul was there to support a Christmas Toy Drive - This was NOT a racing event / underground street race / anything of the sort

Roger lost control of the car, spun, hit a pole and the car broke in half and burned

Edit: There were NO DRUGS and NO ALCOHOL involved, at all. There was zero alcohol at the event.

Paul was a very casual acquaintance of mine, I doubt if he even remembers who I was, but he was very close friends with a good friend of mine - Paul was was very gracious to everyone he met and an overall nice guy.

Please help me dispel any rumors that could taint his memory - Yes, he was the Fast and Furious guy, but street racing and endangering lives was not his thing.

Paul has done great work with his charity Reach Out WorldWide[1] including sending medical teams and supplies to the Philippines recently.

Clarification: I was NOT at the scene and was not a witness, I left to go get some food and heard about the accident and the fire dept was already gone by the time I returned.

Edit this is where the crash happened. The AE shop is directly behind it. http://goo.gl/maps/J85LQ[2]

Edit 2 - For what it's worth, this is the event Paul was there to support[3] - If you want to donate in Paul's memory http://www.roww.org[4] would be the charity to donate to."