华国锋的中国旅行商量 - Hua Guofang's China Travel Thread Extravaganzoid

Hua Guofang

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you get called a guizi (gway-dza), maozi (mao-dza) or laowai (lao-why), then you are being abused.

Guizi is ghost, maozi basically means 'hairy and unevolved' and laowai is one that I don't fully understand but is not particularly polite.

The Chinese here treat each other worse than they treat other races. It's funny how such a nationalistic peoples can be so cruel to their own.

(I think this might be a local custom as I've not witnessed that at other weddings. [/img][/url]

I think the vast majority of what you just described is probably local custom.

All I had to do was show up at the house for some little tea ceremony, then after the American wedding have the reception at a Chinese restaurant in China town.

I just called wifey into the room and let her read your description to see if she ever heard of any of that.

She vouched that on her cousins wedding day when he showed up to get her all the little kids hit the groom up for the red envelopes, but that she's never heard of any rumble between aunties and the groom having to find the brides shoes then bust down the door and all that.

She doesn't doubt your story, but says that that's the most extreme shit that she's ever heard of.

And most of her fam are all FOB's.

There's no way in hell that I would have been down for what you just described LMAO!

I think the vast majority of what you just described is probably local custom.

All I had to do was show up at the house for some little tea ceremony, then after the American wedding have the reception at a Chinese restaurant in China town.

I just called wifey into the room and let her read your description to see if she ever heard of any of that.

She vouched that on her cousins wedding day when he showed up to get her all the little kids hit the groom up for the red envelopes, but that she's never heard of any rumble between aunties and the groom having to find the brides shoes then bust down the door and all that.

She doesn't doubt your story, but says that that's the most extreme shit that she's ever heard of.

And most of her fam are all FOB's.

There's no way in hell that I would have been down for what you just described LMAO!

This wedding was in Hubei and I've been to similar weddings in Beijing. There are definitely some local customs mixed in, such as the piss bucket and going to the new house before the reception (I think the fighting aunties may have been more of a local 'standard' rather than custom). But the shoe thing and busting down the door is more widespread.

The tea ceremony you mentioned was the kids giving the parents a cup of tea and all that shit, right?

Don't want to pry but which part of China is your wive's family from? Mine is obviously Hubei.

*Yeah, red envelopes for fucking everything over there.

The tea ceremony you mentioned was the kids giving the parents a cup of tea and all that shit, right?

Don't want to pry but which part of China is your wive's family from? Mine is obviously Hubei.

Nah, the tea ceremony was us giving tea to her parents and uncles and aunts and grandpop etc.

They're from the south where they speak Cantonese.

She not sure how it's spelled, but it sounds like Guan Zhao or some shit.

yeah, Guangzhou, that's what I was thinking, Guangdong province. They speak a different lingo altogether than the rest of China, some argue that the Cantonese have more more in common with Southeast Asian's than they do with Han China. Their customs down there will be quite different than that throughout most of China.

And right, yeah, that's what I meant, the people getting married (the kids) offer tea to the parents in a reverent and solemn fashion. That's been part of the deal in all the weddings I've been to, including my own.

Let me be clear though, the wedding I'm posting now is not mine, I didn't go through all that. I put a shoe on at the entrance to the house, we drove up the street to the reception room, ate food and went home. I wasn't up for all the hullabaloo either. Plus, you have to have all your family and friends there to do all that shit and I didn't inflict being in that remote and dirty place on anyone else other than my parents. We just took out a bar for the night in Beijing and partied with friends instead.

Looking forward to hearing how all that panned out! ^^^

In the mean time, Beijing, over a number of years and most recently, about 2 weeks back.

IMG_1561_zps9a27d7eb.jpg

IMG_1556_zps4034d5b2.jpg

IMG_0707_zpsdbb6a1e9.jpg

IMG_0722_zpsd61ae169.jpg

IMG_1023_zpse87048f0.jpg

IMG_1027_zps4daf0fb8.jpg

IMG_1009_zps2ccf30d9.jpg

IMG_1011_zps97ae11b1.jpg

View from my old apartment:

Clear day -

IMG_3215_zps991564db.jpg

IMG_3216_zpsd89a583c.jpg

Not so clear - and yes, this is pollution, don't let anyone tell you that it's fog

IMG_3201_zps20c31c3a.jpg

Notsoclearmid_zps099c4047.jpg

Off the fucking scale day - again, this is NOT fog, it's pollution largely from the coal fire power stations in Hebei around Beijing. Other factors such as industry, cars, construction, desertification, etc. all play a role but the two biggest factors are coal and industry -

IMG_0837_zps93c4ef39.jpg

Disasterdaymid_zps849b7419.jpg

Was taken out to the "Gunpowder Underground" one day by a local shopkeeper I used to chat with. It's the black market for fireworks that springs up in Hebei every year around Spring Festival (lunar new year). This is where fireworks that are banned or only supposed to be sold to licensed operators (shit the size of soccer balls you put in home-made mortar tubes, I shit you not).

the larger room was pretty scary. It was in a basement that was full of people with one little doorway in and out. A dude went to light a cigarette in there (as I said, no sense of self-preservation), the staff went ape-shit and I went out the fucking door.

IMG_0044_zpsd4739133.jpg

IMG_0051_zps38440020.jpg

IMG_0049_zps89b73c6b.jpg

IMG_0048_zpsdb618295.jpg

Randomness

IMG_1075_zps268dc78e.jpg

IMG_1059_zpscfd98a09.jpg

IMG_1057_zps8a97bd73.jpg

IMG_1050_zps63cc1d52.jpg

IMG_0071_zpsf734294f.jpg

IMG_0142_zps45adeb82.jpg

IMG_3214_zpse5492572.jpg

IMG_0290_zps6ba331ec.jpg

IMG_3290_zpse585b9b9.jpg

IMG_3286_zps902f6131.jpg

IMG_3278_zpse33a90e1.jpg

IMG_3287_zps40ed9d87.jpg

Graffitious and rando shite

IMG_0850_zpsc68c5ffc.jpg

IMG_0856_zps4cc919e9.jpg

IMG_1033_zpsd688be38.jpg

These are unborn chicks cooked in their eggs. I ate a bunch of shit including insects and whatnot but I did not eat this. There are limits.

IMG_3291_zps2c054d90.jpg

this, on the other hand is delish - Shanghai sweets and pastries

IMG_3295_zps8d46a15c.jpg

IMG_3297_zps25bce88a.jpg

IMG_0299_zpsae97a1b2.jpg

Was pokey but I miss this little pad

IMG_0323_zps26611512.jpg

IMG_0325_zpsb8a37486.jpg

IMG_0327_zpsbd4775c3.jpg

IMG_0345_zps5d207f81.jpg

IMG_0349_zps71675db5.jpg

IMG_3373_zps11a0cf8f.jpg

IMG_3374_zpse716ad81.jpg

This door don't snitch....

IMG_3376_zps849c160e.jpg

IMG_3380_zps261d2d43.jpg

IMG_3383_zpsed421482.jpg

IMG_3390_zps761fb2c9.jpg

@ Mercer - judging a country as large and diverse as China on one or two cities is like judging the US on Detroit and small town East Texas. I'm no great fan of Beijing and Hubei either but Shanghai, Hong Kong and Qingdao are pretty awesome places. Chengdu, Hangzhou, Dali and some other joints are supposed to be awesome, you rarely hear a bad word about them. I've never been to those joints though.

IMG_3392_zpsa5c115d8.jpg

IMG_3414_zpsfa4b0a73.jpg

IMG_3418_zpsddeaad5b.jpg

IMG_3422_zpsf87af9a8.jpg

IMG_3428_zps34efb7de.jpg

IMG_3438_zps67359a84.jpg

IMG_3443_zpse75a8885.jpg

IMG_3450_zps458861cb.jpg

IMG_0375_zps5c20b666.jpg

IMG_0377_zps5f38d449.jpg

IMG_0380_zps6d66219d.jpg

IMG_0381_zps6c30a3df.jpg

IMG_0382_zps2f25a83f.jpg

IMG_0386_zps0ca202c5.jpg

IMG_3464_zps60d14d3c.jpg

IMG_3470_zpsf44edab8.jpg

Filipino man-sluts on tour -

IMG_3573_zps9cfcf65e.jpg

IMG_3579_zps9b504ef3.jpg

IMG_3583_zpse8433e6c.jpg

IMG_3584_zpsac5bfe0f.jpg

These are unborn chicks cooked in their eggs. I ate a bunch of shit including insects and whatnot but I did not eat this. There are limits.

IMG_3291_zps2c054d90.jpg

I have a friend that has an Asian girlfriend, not sure where shes from exactly, she made this and he told me to try one of these. He told me what it was so I wasn't surprised. I love deviled eggs; this is not deviled eggs. Mine was still in the shell so i had to peel it open. there was a part stuck to the shell that was really solid. i think it was where all the calcium from what wouldve been the birds bones gathered and solidified. It was something different, not necessarily good, but I'm glad I tried it. It did give me the mean shits that night tho!

Looking forward to hearing how all that panned out! ^^^

We ate said mushrooms.

I gave her a conservative amount of her half, and ate my half all at once.

I came back to computer and posted about it, then logged off for the night.

Went back to the couch with her.

Watched a little TV and then the colors in the room and on the TV started getting brighter and I started getting that nervous "antsy" feeling.

She said she wasn't feeling anything.

After about 10 or 15 minutes of it kicking in for me and her saying that she wasn't feeling anything, I got it into my head that there must be something wrong with her. So I shared the rest of her half with her.

Went and took a piss, then came back and she's talking about "OK, I think I feel something, lets go hang out in the back yard".

We went and laid on the flat bottom of the mini ramp that I'm building and started making out and shit.

A couple drops of rain started to fall, then she informs me that her pussy's throbbing, and so we go back inside where she throws me down on the bed and practically rapes me.

I in turn fuck the shit out of her.

Then after cleaning up, it really starts kicking in.

She's kinda scatterbrained between being tired from fucking (that shit always puts her to sleep), and wanting to watch TV.

I tell her that it's better to not try to go to sleep, and so we make our way back to the couch.

She wants to watch some show about witches, I tell her that that's probably not a good idea and switch the channel to Comedy Central where South Park is on. We watch this for a little bit until I have to piss again, and so I get up to piss. Then try to hock a lugi which somehow triggers a little puke session. She hears me puking in the other room, and all of a sudden her good time turns bad and she's rushing in the room to puke too. Talking bout she wants to go to bed afterwards (probably due to being tired from fucking). I try to convince her that's not a good idea, and that she should stay awake with me, next thing I know she's on her ass laughing her ass off about her arms are in the way. Then her legs are in the way. She can't even stand. I eventually help her into bed and chill with her for a while. Then eventually go back to doing whatever. Flipping through the channels. Nothing is worth watching. I'm starting to come down and just being lost in my thoughts about whatever. Then somebody knocks on the door. Not knowing who it was all late at night, and coming down off mushrooms, I run to get the gun and put one in the chamber before answering the door. It's my neighbor and he's drunk and wants to chill. I entertain him for a little bit, but let him know that I'm still coming down from mushrooms and I just wanna chill and get my mind right.

He understands and bounces.

I periodically check in on her to see how she's doing and she's like "I thought you were here the whole time, I was talking to you!" And Some other shit about Ned Flanders being the devil and some "wood nymphs" giving her shit about crushing their houses.

Next time we do this shit, I'm pacing her.

And no fucking.

Little fluffy clouds

IMG_3710_zps07fce4bd.jpg

IMG_3703_zpsa95ae00b.jpg

IMG_0469_zps28dcd12d.jpg

IMG_0479_zps814b13de.jpg

IMG_0481_zps46301bb7.jpg

IMG_4055_zpsc7f4ced7.jpg

These two were actually in Qingdao -

IMG_4045_zps379c66e4.jpg

Drinking games with an 8 year old girl, encouraged by her parents -

IMG_4036_zps22bee1c1.jpg

This is in Beidaihe, a couple of hours drive from Beijing where the Party has their summer retreat and where middle class Russians from Vladivostok holiday. Straight up, it's a fucking shit hole.

IMG_4061_zps68d4d291.jpg

IMG_4063_zps40d2da06.jpg

IMG_4071_zps7df4072c.jpg

IMG_4072_zpsefc09257.jpg

IMG_4108_zps3d6ed339.jpg

IMG_4112_zps78a82b89.jpg

IMG_4117_zpsfcf2f2c0.jpg

IMG_4124_zps183c5632.jpg