OFFICIAL NHL 11-12 SEASON NURGA THREAD

mewzer

Les go Devils

Dominik Hasek considering NHL return at 47 years old

DETROIT RED WINGS, DOMINIK HASEK, NHL, TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING, UNCATEGORIZED | COMMENTS

Considered one of the NHL’s greatest-ever goalkeepers, 47-year-old Dominik Hasek is considering another return to the ice. (Bill Wippert, Getty Images)

At 47 years old, Dominik Hasek is considering coming out of retirement according to a report from NHL.com.

The future hall of fame goalkeeper first retired in 2003 with the Detroit Red Wings, but has resurfaced several times since then in the NHL and overseas. Hasek came back to play for the Red Wings and the Ottawa Senators after a one season break before retiring again and making another comeback in his native Czech Republic.

According to the report, Hasek could make his latest comeback with the Red Wings or the Tampa Bay Lightning.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

devils win saturday would be a step in the right direction.. shoulda won the first one but its too bad they couldnt capitalize on some of the chances and wide open looks they had on net. LA def plays a similar game to NJ and it seems like they executed play better in game 1. hopefully the devils right the ship and step their game up

I really can't see the Devils winning the cup (famous last words)

LA's goalie is better, their blue line is WAY better, and they have really good forward depth.

They didn't even have that good of a game the other night.

Although NJ's forecheck is no joke, I just don't think they have the firepower outside of Kovulchuk and Parise to go the distance. Then again, I didn't think they'd beat philly or NYR.

ehhhh they've been the underdog for every series except for florida

lost the first game of every series except for florida

Quick is playing really good and their defense is bigger but

idk if they are better.

both teams appear even to me.

4 lines deep aggressive forecheck strong defense and a good goalie

the formula has taken both of these teams to the finals. i'd like to believe nj can win at home and in LA too

everything they have done this year has been proving critics wrong.

they had 3 30 goal scorers and i think a handful of guys in the 20s..

they just need to get more shots on goal and

eventually they will begin to get them past quick just like lundqvist..

it took a little time to figure out but they eventually got the job done.

every single game 1 has had them play to get to know what the other team is doing

instead of just going out and playing the way they have. whatever

we'll see what happens tomorrow

seems like it but i still dont believe LA's better

the devils have been making them look good.

last nights game was hard to watch i cant tell if the devils lack of intensity is the issue or if they're straight up intimidated by this team. shit doesnt make sense to me, how you gonna play so hard to get to the finals and play this poorly once you there..

LA won 4-1 first round

second round 4-0

third round 4-1

but every series, they go up 3 games to 0, then lose the 4th, but have always been able to take it in game 5.

My thoughts are they will take it back at home, because it is rigged. LOL.

fuckin sucks that it ended the way it did but they didnt get swept and almost made it a good series..

fuck the kings and the refs tho

there were only like 6 arrests.. a couple people rocked a mta bus and threw some bottles at a crusier

LA Bitches

cool fun fact husk , but i had wished they sat fayne and

left harrold in for the rest of the series

• 2 weeks later...

So, thread bump for the Entry Draft taking place tomorrow in Pittsburgh.

Used to be many pens fans on the board, any of yous still kicking around? Going to go party ?

You can probably see a very drunk Kelly Hrudey tomorrow if you do.

My Oilers trolled the league by winning the draft lottery, we're picking 1st for our third year in a row. We're probably going to do some dumb shit by taking the wrong player first OA though, so karma is a bitch like that. Stupid management...

Anybody else really miss hockey in the off season?