Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mewzer

OFFICIAL NHL 11-12 SEASON NURGA THREAD

2 to 1 on flyers series...

lay 100 win 200 ect....

im gonna let it ride, y not, i think lunkquist is pissed after that sham of a goal going in...

KLOB, the rule book states "a distinct kicking motion" and when there is a distinct motion, WHICH THERE WAS, it does not matter if there is direct contact with the puck. for instance if i kick the goalies stick and then there stick hits the puck in as a result of my kick, then that goal is disallowed. minus the kicking thing u cannot attack a goalie in the crease... the fact that the goal was not overturned is scary. people in the booth gettin paid. vegas.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Im pretty sure he has to actually make contact with the puck with his skate for it to be disallowed, but I do agree it shoulda been waived off by the officials on the ice due to the goalie interference. Per the NHL twitter feed:

At 19:21 of the third period in the Rangers/Senators game, video review was used to determine if Ottawa Senators forward Chris Neil kicked the puck into the New York net.*** Video review was inconclusive in determining if Chris Neil’s left skate propelled the puck into the net. Call on the ice stands, good goal Ottawa.

Ya me too.. Couldn't put one in on him.. Ah well.. Nash shouldn't have too many problems getting past them.. Hope Boston pulls it out.. And the Rags also..

Phi vs the winner of bos/nyr? Phi wins vs. Winner of Nash/Stl goes 7 with stl pulling it out im guessing

Philly wins

The Rangers are playing in NYC tom right?? Think you gotta ride it out and go down with the ship Ralph..HAHA.. Nah, I don't know how much you got out there, but I like the Rags to win. Fuck the hedge..

McLellan and Vignealt should be the first to be fired..

Edmonton gonna be SICK in a few years... Just gotta pick up someone to play D

Edit.. Ralph: what did you win on the philly series.. Had to get pretty good series odds right??

As an Oilers fan I pay a lot of attention to our pipeline.

We got some serious D men in our system that are still 2-3 years away at best, we just need that one guy right now.

If Ryan Whitney returns to anything like the form he was in before he blew his ankle tendon and Jeff Petry keeps up his strong play from last year we may be OK, and if we can sign Justin Schultz we'll be laughing.

Teams I wouldn't mind seeing win the cup... Philly, NYR, Bos, Was, Nash or Stl

I didn't want to say anything earlier, but this is the first year I thought that the refs in the nhl might be on the "take." Obvious blown/non calls, missed offsides that wasn't even close, one after another from refs that have a good history.. Sad to see.. Thought hockey was immune to that for the most part. Gotta be one of the hardest games to fix.

^

You're not the only one.

It was ridiculous at times. Couple that with some of the decisions Shanahan was making and nobody had any idea what was going on. Too many times this year the refs were turning their head to shit and ignoring obvious infractions. Or suspension worthy stuff that was ignored, or just plain soft. Like Weber's 2500 fine for slamming Z's head into the glass.

Also more than one coach in the NHL was fined big dollars this year for criticizing the refs. As much as I hate Burrows and most of Van's squad, there was that incident two years ago with a ref "getting back" at Burrows for an obvious dive where he made him look stupid by giving a 5 minute major.

my question is this...

quenneville is fined 10 grand because he made this statement: "It was a brutal hit...how four guys missed it was hard. The refereeing was disgraceful." because no penalty was called on the torres/hossa hit.

then torres gets the third longest suspension ever, 25 games.

do you go and give joel his ten racks back?

referees in the league today are fucking babied and coddled to an unbelievable extent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENj3tDfEUNc

ShanahanSuspension.jpg

I'm Brenden Shanahan of the Department of Play Safety. Monday night, Ottawa, an incident occurred at the conclusion of the game between the Rangers and the Senators. At 20:00 of the 3rd period, Rangers goalie Lundqvist, delivered a verbal hit to the face of the camera. The video clearly shows that the principle point of contact was the camera, and the camera did not put its self in this position immediately prior to, or simultaneously with the hit. Lundqvist had time to avoid the hit completely, or at least minimize the contact. This is a clear violation of the "exposing the truth of the NHL" rule. I have decided to take into account that Lundqvist has not been suspended in his NHL career. For these reasons, the Department of Player safety has decided to suspend Lundqvist for the remainder of the playoffs.

• Like 1

Rule 49 - Kicking

49.1 Kicking – The action of a player deliberately using his skate(s) with a kicking motion to propel the puck or to contact an opponent.

STR8 FROM THE RULE BOOK.

"OR TWO CONTACT AND OPPONENT"

HENCE KICK SOMEONE ELSE'S STICK, THEIR STICK PUTS PUCK IN NET.

SHOULD BE A DISALLOWED GOAL.

3 game 7's. Let's go all the lower seeds so the flyers get home ice the next 2 rounds. If the blue shirts and B's both go out, you'll have pretty much all the teams considered to be serious contenders in both conferences out in the 1st round.

^

You're not the only one.

It was ridiculous at times. Couple that with some of the decisions Shanahan was making and nobody had any idea what was going on. Too many times this year the refs were turning their head to shit and ignoring obvious infractions. Or suspension worthy stuff that was ignored, or just plain soft. Like Weber's 2500 fine for slamming Z's head into the glass.

Also more than one coach in the NHL was fined big dollars this year for criticizing the refs. As much as I hate Burrows and most of Van's squad, there was that incident two years ago with a ref "getting back" at Burrows for an obvious dive where he made him look stupid by giving a 5 minute major.

Think sayword already said what I was going to say.. Anyway, I haven't seen Q that mad, EVER..

These fines crack me up.. 10k for pretty much telling the refs they suck.. 2500 for slamming someones head off the glass.. LOL you think that will really hurt their pockets?? What a joke..

I think they got 1 right so far. Torres'- And I would imagine when he ends someones career or paralyzes somebody next year, they'll double his last suspension. Instead of kicking that piece of shit out of the league for good. He is top 3 in the league as far as "prior history" or whatever. Doesn't seem to learn, thats obvious.

And I say that non-biased, even though he took out Hossa.

Raffi's not just a goon. He can actually play decent 3-4th line on most teams.. He CHOOSES to be the piece of shit he is...

NHLPA would never stand for a player straight getting "the boot" though. Wouldn't happen.

Probably the same reason player suspensions cap out so low at 2500. Unions.

With the CBA up this summer who knows what'll happen though... maybe we'll have another lock out over some of this bullshit.

gotta agree with everyone complaining about the refs.. if they showed some consistency i think id be happier. dont understand how they miss big stuff and then call penalties for more minor infractions.. big ups to philly for beating pittsburgh. and all the other underdogs making it difficult for the number 1s n 2s. kinda wish the phi/pit series went to game 7 just so the winner would be a bit more banged up. and the devils still holding on, even though i question the amount of intensity they show up with sometimes. im glad they still in it and hope they keep their level of play up for the remander of the year.. all around been a decent series

GOD DAMNIT!!!

well as long as some shit expansion team dont win the cup ill be ok... and fucking black ass ward had get that fucking goal....

I'm watching this caps bruins gm 7, but I haven't seen much of this series. Did chara block multiple shots with his face or something?

I think he's busted up above his nose from that "accidental" stick from Ovi on sundays game. Looked like it opened up pretty decent..Drew blood/pen called---He's got plenty of time to recover

If Ottawa can pull it off, Flyers most likely to finals, and win it Imo

Dont see them having many probs with NJD or Fla

i hedged it.

never saw this going seven.

if rangers win ill be up nice.

if they loose im at even...

lunky needs to stand on his head...

and people calling flyers cup, it's a bit premature, they have a good shot, but im not convinced we have the goaltending to get there, look at anderson/lunky other goalies have pitched multiple shutouts in this playoffs, BRYZ is far from a shutout, far...

Bryzgalov really misses playing for Dave Tippet right about now.

The guy's system made him look like a top 5 tendy in the league, like it's doing for Mike Smith.