OFFICIAL NHL 11-12 SEASON NURGA THREAD

mewzer

NHLPA would never stand for a player straight getting "the boot" though. Wouldn't happen.

Probably the same reason player suspensions cap out so low at 2500. Unions.

With the CBA up this summer who knows what'll happen though... maybe we'll have another lock out over some of this bullshit.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gotta agree with everyone complaining about the refs.. if they showed some consistency i think id be happier. dont understand how they miss big stuff and then call penalties for more minor infractions.. big ups to philly for beating pittsburgh. and all the other underdogs making it difficult for the number 1s n 2s. kinda wish the phi/pit series went to game 7 just so the winner would be a bit more banged up. and the devils still holding on, even though i question the amount of intensity they show up with sometimes. im glad they still in it and hope they keep their level of play up for the remander of the year.. all around been a decent series

I'm watching this caps bruins gm 7, but I haven't seen much of this series. Did chara block multiple shots with his face or something?

I think he's busted up above his nose from that "accidental" stick from Ovi on sundays game. Looked like it opened up pretty decent..Drew blood/pen called---He's got plenty of time to recover

If Ottawa can pull it off, Flyers most likely to finals, and win it Imo

Dont see them having many probs with NJD or Fla

i hedged it.

never saw this going seven.

if rangers win ill be up nice.

if they loose im at even...

lunky needs to stand on his head...

and people calling flyers cup, it's a bit premature, they have a good shot, but im not convinced we have the goaltending to get there, look at anderson/lunky other goalies have pitched multiple shutouts in this playoffs, BRYZ is far from a shutout, far...

i hedged it.

never saw this going seven.

if rangers win ill be up nice.

if they loose im at even...

lunky needs to stand on his head...

and people calling flyers cup, it's a bit premature, they have a good shot, but im not convinced we have the goaltending to get there, look at anderson/lunky other goalies have pitched multiple shutouts in this playoffs, BRYZ is far from a shutout, far...

Fuck it why not???

Think thats how many goals were scored by philly.. Just a guess anyway

But if they can keep that pace up, its going to be hard to stop them-they're clicking better than any of the other teams so far imo..

Bryzgalov really misses playing for Dave Tippet right about now.

The guy's system made him look like a top 5 tendy in the league, like it's doing for Mike Smith.

very curious on your theory behind this, please elaborate...

bryz shows flashes of brilliance, but its the inconsistency now that frightens me...

so who do we like in the remaining series?

who are the locks? im thinking blues are a lock...?

Bryzgalov really misses playing for Dave Tippet right about now.

The guy's system made him look like a top 5 tendy in the league, like it's doing for Mike Smith.

I was tellin some1 the same thing the other day. Tipper plays a defense-first type of system. They could put any goalie in there and he's going to do good. Just look at mike smiths stats with the bolts last year compared his stats with phx this year. Lavi's system is the exact opposite and it leaves the goalie much more exposed.

very curious on your theory behind this, please elaborate...

bryz shows flashes of brilliance, but its the inconsistency now that frightens me...

so who do we like in the remaining series?

who are the locks? im thinking blues are a lock...?

When Bryz played in Phoenix in Dave Tippet's defense oriented system he was a top 5 goalie (arguably) in the league. The same way Mike Smith was a complete sieve in Dallas, and Tampa, but in Phoenix he is thriving. Granted he has made some ridiculous saves this post season but a lot of the stuff he was facing from Chicago was coming from the outside and was fairly routine stuff for an NHL caliber goalie.

It's the same thing with Brian Elliot and Jaro Halak in St Louis. Halak IS a really good goalie, but remember Brian Elliot in Ottawa last year? Fucking garbage, but in STL under the Ken Hitchcock system it protects him and makes him look very good when really he's average.

• Like 1

bryz stood on his head the 1st period, then disappeared...

i loose more n more confidence in him eveytime i see him play, it should be the opposite trend...

think about it, bryz gives up the goal in OT n we loose, what r u guys saying about him then... if u judge his body of work he's average, usually average goalies dont win cups... but there is an exception to every rule.

go flyers!