MLB 2011.. never to early thread!

KARD like WOE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marlins get Reyes and are still going after Pujols, fuuuuuuuuuu miami and they're drug cartel money

I don't know what the hell Miami is doing, but whatever floats their boat. Or raft.

They have Hanley, but go get Reyes. Also, they have a promising kid playing at 1B, but I forgot his name. And they still want to make a splash with Pujols.

Completely forgot that the winter meetings started today, and logged onto mlbtraderumors.com to 4 pages of new stories. Gonna be a whole lot of big moves these next couple of weeks.

We are about to re-sign Matt Capps, pending physical. I really hope it is for small change instead of the $7.5m he got last year through arbitration.

We are about to re-sign Matt Capps, pending physical. I really hope it is for small change instead of the $7.5m he got last year through arbitration.

"According to an AP report (via SI.com), the deal will pay Capps $4.5MM in 2012 and includes a $6MM option for 2013. With a $250K buyout on the option, Capps is guaranteed $4.75MM."

If he can play more in line with his 2010 performance for us, I'll settle. I would've preferred someone else and/or cheaper, but what are you gonna do?

Also, surprised to see that the Twins are still actively persuing Buehrle, but not surprised at this: "The Twins, Nationals, Marlins, and Rangers are in on Buehrle, tweets Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports, but the Twins' offer is not as strong as the others."

If only we had the same payroll as last year, we could afford to get Buehrle and still have money to take care of our outfield and bullpen needs.

Edit: I'm praying we pull some sort of miracle and somehow sign Buerhle on a lower bid. Maybe offer him the no trade clause that seems to be a hold up for a bunch of clubs.

"According to an AP report (via SI.com), the deal will pay Capps $4.5MM in 2012 and includes a $6MM option for 2013. With a $250K buyout on the option, Capps is guaranteed $4.75MM."

If he can play more in line with his 2010 performance for us, I'll settle. I would've preferred someone else and/or cheaper, but what are you gonna do?

Also, surprised to see that the Twins are still actively persuing Buehrle, but not surprised at this: "The Twins, Nationals, Marlins, and Rangers are in on Buehrle, tweets Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports, but the Twins' offer is not as strong as the others."

If only we had the same payroll as last year, we could afford to get Buehrle and still have money to take care of our outfield and bullpen needs.

Edit: I'm praying we pull some sort of miracle and somehow sign Buerhle on a lower bid. Maybe offer him the no trade clause that seems to be a hold up for a bunch of clubs.

Nice. I've been waiting for the salary details to come across.

$4.5m ain't bad, I'm okay with that. The $6m option and the paltry $250k buyout are both incentives to do his best - do well, club may pick up option; don't do well (or repeat 2011), get $250k and a "good luck".

Supposedly he was pitching through pain and/or injury last season, which is plausible to an extent.

Ryan is trying to keep payroll within the $100m range, but I think Pohlad and company have enough confidence in him to make a few more million available in order to get what we need, i.e. Buerhle. I just have doubts that he would want to pitch here.

Sucks that my White Sox are losing all the bright spots on the team.

Gonna end up with a bunch of AAA players and Konerko, but unfortunately Rios and Dunn who

aren't going anywhere soon. Buehrle gonna be a nice addition somewhere. Danks also cause

his last year stats are completely misleading. Doods a good pitcher.

Reyes 106mil for 6yrs i though was a bad look but 10yrs for someone who is 32 is just something i have NEVER herd of... this coke money bs is retarded too, miami wish they had the loot boston and ny had. you dont see either of them teams making some dumb offer to poolhoes like that and neither wanted reyes injury prone ass... this is all about trying to keep fans in the seats of the new stadium.

also Hanley Ramirez is umad at the fact he probably wont be playing ss. already some club house drama... he talked a bit of shit publicly i guess and Ozzie said Hanley is number one guy no matter who they sign... who says that?

*edit to my last post...

i forgot Jeter and Aroid got 10yr deals...

but to put in perspective, marlins looking to spend more this winter then they have in the last 9 seasons if they sign albert... haha

White Sox deal Santos to Toronto for minor leage arm. Team is completely in rebuild mode

and I don't think Ken Williams had planned on taking the team in that direction. Shows how

fukin inept he is. Fuking sucks. Guess Thorton is on the block also. He aint a bad

pitcher, just not the closer the Sox tried forcing him to be.

Konerko gotta be loving this shit.

miami is a LATINO city. the wetbacks hop ship on that coast just like the slant eye hop ship out west.

the miami marlins sign albert and jose, not to mention bell although not latino, and they have a young core. regs may be bumped outta position but should swallow ego's when they realize who they are being replaced by, and that if they willingly adapt to their new roles that it will help the team. only NEG i c is OZZY, but then again, he's a latino, they are hott headed egomaniac people, i could c him being the right foot to fit the ruby slipper....

(length of contracts is too long, but sometimes thats the price you pay)

You have to get fans in the seats before you keep them...I went to the game in Florida's old stadium when Roy halladay pitched a no no and there were more Phillies fans tailgating and in the stands (made me proud). The Marlins have a terrible fan base despite having won 2 WS. they're trying to put a spark in this franchise by adding these big name also latino free agents...

I think Pujols will stay in St. Louis though, They are offering more years and money plus he's more comfortable there.