MLB 2011.. never to early thread!

KARD like WOE

There is a lot out there. Ryan Doumit's option was declined by the Pirates. He has some pop and can be a backup catcher. We would have to pony up for a million or so, but it will probably net us a better return than paying Butera league minimum to be a terrible hitter. If not Doumit, Jose Molina is also available. Pirates also declined Paul Maholm's option - not a bad lefty starting pitcher. The bullpen is such a fucking mess, I wouldn't know where to begin. Also, infield. If Valencia can get his act together and Morneau is finally feeling healthy, we'd be alright on the corner. I think Valencia is due; he had his sophomore slump last season, but I think he's destined to do well. He just needs to quit being pompous and constantly talking about swagg and work on his defense. I really, really would like to see Trevor Plouffe work out his kinks. I think he'll be getting extra attention in spring to work on this fielding and throwing. It might be worth the trouble to have him out there because he could give us 20HR/60RBI. Luke Hughes could be a utility, as he can play corners and middle.

Whatever the fuck. This shit is such a fucking mess.

Also, Toronto declined Jon Rauch's option.

Also, Mark Buehrle is an FA. I could see us making a run at him. Lefty, great control, can pitch to contact. Shit that Andy and Gardy are, for whatever reason, obsessed with.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing like a bunch of pitch to contact starters and a middle infield that can't field a ground ball and throw on target to first base. I would definitely be psyched to have Buehrle in our rotation though. I'm also curious to see what we end up doing with swarzak. Sure, it's great to have a spot starter and a long relief guy, but I'd rather have him pitching regularly and using Blackburn for those long relief spots where it's already a loss in the 3rd inning after one of our starters implodes. Blackburn and Duensing really have no business pitching as starters, in my opinion. Pavano gets a little bit of a pass because at least he can eat up some innings and stay relatively healthy, even if he is giving up four million fucking hits per game.

Yu Darvish is going to be one of the big stories this offseason, wherever he ends up. Japanese players are a huge risk though. Some of them make the transition well, but it seems like most of them can't deal with actual major league hitters/pitchers, and they experience a massive drop in their numbers. Dude is young though and has some seriously nasty stats.

it's not the pitching, it's the transition to america...

living the life of pure swine like a typical american, eating the trash we eat here...

the language barrier is massive also as far as fitting in...

those things will affect u at the plate.

it's not like they r seeing a curve-ball for the first time in their lives.

i do understand tho this is the "big leagues"

so y didn't the usa win the world baseball classic and wait who did win?

japan?

just go ask kevin YOU KILL US...

Obviously the transition to america is a factor, but a lot of it is the difference between major league ball and japanese ball. It's much more of a finesse game in japan. Not as many long balls/power hitters, not as many overwhelming power pitchers. Like I said, some japanese players have had no problem adjusting their playstyle to compensate for the differences (or are simply good enough to make it work regardless), but then you have guys like Tsuyoshi Nishioka, who won a batting title in japan in 2010 and looked completely overmatched against 90% of pitchers in the major leagues.

• Like 1

I will probably be living in Minneapolis again by next season, and I'm psyched as all hell. Haven't been back in coming up on 3 years, and it will be my first time getting to go to a game at Target Field. I'm already contemplating buying one of the 40 game, half season tickets if I can convince someone else to buy one too, so I dont go to 30+ games by myself.

"For those of you who were hoping that eccentric Giants’ closer Brian Wilson would shave his beard over the offseason, you’re about to be very disappointed. He has way too much invested in it.

Wilson is (once again) using the beard to his advantage to land commercial gigs; San Francisco-based company ON24 is the latest business to hire B-Weez as their pitchman. Wilson will host the company’s VUE2011 on November 17. It’s a free “virtual events user experience.”

Business Review USA reports that “The aim of VUE2011 is to show off the benefits of conducting events on mobile devices and PC’s as a way to engage communication with large populations without the time and expense associated with hosting an event in a physical location.”

Sound scary and complex? Don’t be afraid. According to Brian Wilson you should “Fear the beard, not the technology.

It’s unknown how Brian Wilson will find time to do this. He’s got to be pretty busy playing video games, eating Taco Bell, finding a new costume for the next ESPY awards, and dancing for Ed Lee."

SMH...sorry everybody.

i dont like how verlander is even mentioned as an mvp candidate, he's a pitcher, he pitches once a week, or once every 5 days, whatever. dont get me wrong, the dude had a beast season, but the other guys up for the award played pretty much every game. that doesnt mean that they contributed, but they atleast played.

Thome to the phils on a 1 year deal. Not surprising, but it might be tough for them to get him all that many at bats, considering he can't play the field at all.

On the pitching front, I really fucking hope the twins at least look into pursuing Buehrle, even if he does end up being too expensive. We could really use someone who can put up a sub 4 ERA and pitch close to, or over, 200 innings. I'm also praying Baker starts the season fully healthy and picks up where he left off, before he got injured.