MLB 2011.. never to early thread!

KARD like WOE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea i found it odd too, he said the Sox never made him an offer after 2 interviews so he went with theo and cubs??? idk.

also that extra wild card bs is SO shitty. its already enough with one wild card in each division let alone another. BOOOO on that passing. why even try all season. hell all teams but one can make the "playoffs"

but the giants just secured some hope for the future of their franchise...

lugr and the girls should b happy.

you talking about timmy/cain negotiations? nothing is settled yet, unless I'm out of the loop

I'm not hot on this one game wild card nonsense, what is the big argument for it? somebody school me

Twins sign Doumit to 1 year, 3M deal. Hopefully this means we have to suffer through a lot less of Drew Butera and Rene Rivera at the plate in 2012. Also picked up a triple A bullpen guy from the Tigers, Brendan Wise. Haven't had much of a chance to look into his stats and whatnot, but he posted a 1.90 ERA last season in 50 games at triple A, which is a decent start. So far, I'm pretty happy about our offseason moves. Now we need to pick up a starter, another bullpen guy or 2, and figure out our closer situation. An OF with some power would be nice too, because I have a feeling that both Kubel and Cuddyer are going to be gone.

I really don't think we're going to be able to justify spending the sort of money that I think Cuddyer will be drawing from a club like the Phillies. And then with Kubel, there have definitely been rumors floating around that he wants to go somewhere with a more hitter friendly park, but who knows if there is truth to that. In all honesty, I think we could sign both Willingham and Kubel for less than we would have to pay Cuddyer, and I'd rather see us do that. Now that we've shored up our middle infield/catching situation a little bit, I think the priority is pitching. Send Duensing to the pen, as he's had success there, get Blackburn out of the starting rotation somehow, and sign at least 1 solid starter. For the 5th starting spot, I wouldn't mind seeing us sign a second starter as well, or maybe give Swarzak the opportunity to prove he can be a regular starter. If we stay with the same rotation we had last season, we're doomed. Pavano is a good inning eater, but realistically he's a 4th starter at best. Liriano is questionable and needs to get his shit together. Blackburn makes me want to cry. Duensing would be better utilized out of the pen. Baker is a promising 2 or 3 spot guy (3 or 4 on a team that actually has a good rotation) if he can stay healthy and continue where he left off last year. Our bullpen is too terrible for me to even begin to analyze.

Kubel blah blah Cuddyer blah blah Willingham blah fucking Liriano blah Nick Shitburn etc

I'm willing to make a bet that if we DO sign Willingham, it will be for one year. I think he's out looking to have a contract year. He's 32, been up and down in different organizations, and can be a offensive force. He hasn't made a ton of money either, and I'm guessing he wants to get paid what he thinks he is worth. 1 year deal would make sense for Terry Ryan because it wouldn't be a huge commitment and I think we're expecting to have Joe Benson ready for the majors come 2013.

I can't wrap my head around why Kubel wants to play in a more hitter-friendly park. The guy can absolutely hit the piss out of the ball - he has hit several on the plaza, even bombs at Safeco. Maybe if he worked on his hitting against lefties, he might have less to complain (and worry) about.

If Cuddyer signs elsewhere, I really, really hope it is in Philly. I'm not trying to tickle Ralph Lauren's balls or anything, but I think it would be a great town for him to play ball in.

The whole pitching situation, I don't know. Blackburn is kind of the odd man out here. Two hard years, especially 2011. If he can get back to the 4.00 ERA, low BB count, complete game 200 inning-eating guy he was in 2008 and 2009, I'd be happy to have him. Two 200+ IP guys (Pavano) in the same rotation would be nice.

And I really think Terry Ryan might be a catalyst in having Liriano get his ass in gear. He needs to pitch in the offseason in the Dominican League and work on his shit. Rick Anderson just needs to let the guy throw what he wants to throw and strike out who he can. That's what he does. Work on his mechanics and keep his arm and himself in shape (hence offseason leagues).

I really think Baker is going to continue to grow into a good pitcher. But yeah, 2nd in rotation.

Bring back Swarzak.

We still need to sign a good 1st or 2nd spot in the rotation starter. I would really like Beuhrle, but he don't like us.