The Walking Dead.

penmanship

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of you in here have no idea how the television world works. If you want to appeal to more than just scumbags who want an hour of zombie slaughterfest every week, you have to add some lame characters and dialogue and all the other shit most of you are crying about. It's about money/longevity/getting the widest audience possible, or you're gonna get cancelled. I still can't believe they show as much direct violence as they do. Little girl zombies getting blasted in the grill without cutting away? Dead people getting mashed in the head with a pick axe? Seriously, they don't even show that direct of violence in half of the horror movies these days, and you're all up in arms about how it isn't realistic enough or how you had to put up with some character development in a show that they're trying to have last more than a season or two.

You're all still watching it, so they're doing something right. And if you don't want to deal with the slow parts, do like I do and stop paying attention and browse the internet until things start getting slaughtered again.

I'm not saying it's some spectacular work of art or that it's the best thing on television, but it's entertaining enough to leave on in the background, and look up from my computer for a few minutes if things look worthwhile.

Not an excuse. I'm saying money motivates TV. No way around that. And money = trying to appeal to everyone and usually providing something that people aren't crazy about, but will still watch. Unless there is something better on in that time slot, I'll definitely have it running in the background so I can hopefully see a few minutes of brains getting splattered. If not, no big loss. The makeup, cinematography and violence are all still awesome, so unless they fire Frank Darabont and get a new FX/makeup crew, we'll continue to have that to fall back on.

I use demonoid but have yet to have a problem or any pop-ups from tvduck. Maybe from having a Mac. Didn't know there were any problems with tvduck. Used it for a year or so. Hd torrents are always the best option but everyone asking has said they can't or won't use torrents.

Archived