Obama Internet "Kill Switch" Bill Approved

-Tib3-

I think it's all about (COS said it earlier) control. Simple as that.

Just continuing business from the last party that was in office.

None of them are there to serve anyone but the rich since forever.

Thomas Jefferson might have been a bit more thugged out, but they're all rich powerful shits and...

The internet is not the sun.

People turned it on.

People can turn it off.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to explain to you guys what would be required to shut off the internet in a picture:

hYmDB.gif

The backbones would need to be shut down.

The Internet backbone refers to the principal data routes between large, strategically interconnected networks and core routers in the Internet. These data routes are hosted by commercial, government, academic and other high-capacity network centers, the Internet exchange points and network access points, that interchange Internet traffic between the countries, continents and across the oceans of the world. Traffic interchange between the Internet service providers, often Tier 1 networks, participating in the Internet backbone exchange traffic by privately negotiated interconnection agreements, primarily governed by the principle of settlement-free peering.

[edit] Architectural principles

The Internet and consequently its backbone networks do not rely on central control or coordinating facilities, nor do they implement any global network policies. The resilience of the Internet results from its principal architectural features, most notably the idea of placing as little as possible network state and control functions in the network elements, but instead relying on the endpoints of communication to handle most of the processing to ensure data integrity, reliability, and authentication. In addition, the high degree of redundancy of today's network links and sophisticated real-time routing protocols provide alternate paths of communications for load balancing and congestion avoidance.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d2/Internet_map_1024.jpg

This is a map of the internet.

A whole lot of retarded people in here talking about shit they dont even understand.

Really? So in your mind, At&t, who owns the major backbones in our country, can't possibly

be shut down? As Lieberman said, China can do it.

What do you think Lieberman meant?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNSxuipta40&feature=player_embedded

ROSC's wouldn't be shut down, buddy. Those would remain operational. Our public backbones would be shut, though. Military would be high and dry.

Besides, this is the ultimate goal: Once they install these black boxes they will be able to

shut down one region at a time without hindering the backbone operations.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/3384743/Internet-black-boxes-to-record-every-email-and-website-visit.html

My only question is why would shutting down the internet no matter how effective the "switch" is ever be necessary?

From my understanding of free society access to information isn't something that the government should ever control.

I can't think of one scenario where shutting down the internet would benefit the American public.

Even if there was some wild chance it would, the possibility this can be abused far outweighs any hypothetical benefit.

One more dissapointment from this administration.

My only question is why would shutting down the internet no matter how effective the "switch" is ever be necessary?

From my understanding of free society access to information isn't something that the government should ever control.

I can't think of one scenario where shutting down the internet would benefit the American public.

Even if there was some wild chance it would, the possibility this can be abused far outweighs any hypothetical benefit.

One more dissapointment from this administration.

The excuse is that hackers may try and attack the power stations, nuclear stations, etc.

This is not possible. You do not control power, nuclear, etc. through the internet. Just not how things work.

It is fearmongering to gain control and censor.

yeah i'm pretty sure all the major websites would just put backup servers in other countries. wouldn't make it completely useless, but would make it useless enough that it would be underwhelming to ever use it.

what the hell would shutting down the internet do?

that's stupid.

It's funny that people are so willing to defend this stuff because it's Obama.

If Bush did it, people would be up in arms.

I've found article after article of "relax" and "don't worry".

Im assuming this is a racial statement...?

But nah man, I could care less about the dude's color, Im more worried about what he's going to do (or doing). Even if it was Bush, Id be UMAD just as much. Or anybody else out there, really.

hitler_speeches.jpg

what the hell would shutting down the internet do?

that's stupid.

Because the Internet is the only place where you can find thousands of un-biased information about... well, everything.

If this 'kill switch' ever prevents me from going on ch.0, Im pulling out the molotov cocktails.

Faceme: Where do you get anything about race in that statement? What I'm saying is that Dems don't really give a fuck when Obama pulls shit. It's like he gets a pass b/c he's on their team.

Blue Collar Dollar: Yeah, part of it was in place. This adds to it. People should be pissed.

A Republican apologist? Not hardly.

And to whomever said that it was only BP's private security kicking people off the beach, Coast Guard isn't private security. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ybenjamin/detail??blogid=150&entry_id=67132

it can be "turned off" in the US dummies. The same way if AT&T chose to shut off all their customers phones by shutting down a connection to a satelite or whatever. It's all the same thing. They can shut down the net to all the people within the US. the same way they can turn off your power to your house, the same way they can turn off the water to your sinks. what makes you think they cant shut off the web?

Wake up and get your tin foil hats. Everything the "conspiracy nuts" said would happen, is slowly happening.

To me, shutting down the internet (all of it) is an attack on the 1st Amendment. There's so much freedom and information all over the damn thing that no person can even get their head around it.

What the hell do you guys think would happen if it gets shut down and we have nothing but Fox News and censorship? Im just saying.

Blue Collar, stop acting like it's a fucking blasphemy to question our leaders, people have done it in the past and will surely continue to do it whether you like it or not. Ive looked up and read a lot of 'propaganda' sites (both left and right, biased and un-biased) with an open mind and tried make sense out of all of it, and you wanna know my conclusion? Obama and McCain can suck a dick. So if you think that Im some 'brainwashed' fucking conservative piece of shit, then you are out of your fucking mind.

Do I believe that shutting down the Internet would bring problems? Yes, the Internet is responsible for most cultural shifts that has happened over the years, what do you think is going to happen if ALL of that just goes away in a flash just because Homeland Security believs that there are some bullshit propaganda on it that links to supposedly 'terrorists' in America? Shit, I dont know about you buddy, call me a nerd or whatever but I would lose my fucking mind and go into permanent 'FFFFFFUUUUUUUUU' mode.

Do I believe that Obama PERSONALLY did it/wanted it? No. There is so much other people out there that could be doing the grimiest shit to us, but most of it sure rolls back to Obama.

I could give a fuck less about what the conservatives are bitching about and it doesnt bother me one bit what the fuck the liberals believe in. And Im not trying to sound cliche, but Ill tell you one thing; my only worries is towards our rights, our freedom, the people. This whole 'kill switch' clearly represents an attack on our personal freedom, specifically our freedom of speech.. and if you think that people are just going to suck it up and try to accept the fact that their rights are being trampled on, then you should beat your head against the wall and wake the fuck up.

Fuck it, lets move to the attic (Canada).

And this thread should be in Crossfire, I like my daily LOLZ on ch.0, not ZOMG POLITIKAL EXTRAORDINAREZ.

It's funny that people are so willing to defend this stuff because it's Obama.

If Bush did it, people would be up in arms.

I've found article after article of "relax" and "don't worry".

Remember how crazy people were going over things like The Patriot Act?

Yet this is no big deal?