The Trip Hop / Acid Jazz / Downtempo Thread

compton red

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dark as in Portishead - Over. i like my drum and bass, dubstep and trip hop to be dark and evil sounding

i have a bit of krush but it seems to be super chilled out. ill cop the discography anyway

Krush is fucking dope.

Got to see/hear him and Luke Vibert rock a party way way back. Krush was dope, but Vibert was fucking off the charts sick. Dude rocked so many fucking styles and had the place go absolutely bonkers.

i feel ya...i have yet to see luke vibert....but i have seen krush live....and it was amazing. i was lucky enough to chill with him for a few hours at my crib after the show. dude is an all around amazing person.

ive also seen mr. scruff open up for dj spinna one of the many times i was in SF. that shit was amazing as well.

Don't post anymore Torrents in this thread. Sorry, dems just da breaks. But if anyone knows any online DJ mixes, post them up.

I've been meaning to check out this thread, but never put the time aside to do so. My buddy just did this mix on dailysessions that is worth checking out.

http://dailysession.com/2010/02/02/session-380-funky-slice-02-01-10/

i feel ya...i have yet to see luke vibert....but i have seen krush live....and it was amazing. i was lucky enough to chill with him for a few hours at my crib after the show. dude is an all around amazing person.

ive also seen mr. scruff open up for dj spinna one of the many times i was in SF. that shit was amazing as well.

Scruff is a party rocker for sure, but I haven't heard him out yet.

You ever hear the story that Krush was Yakuza and somehow got out and this is what he did with his life?

On the Dubble:

One of my favorite songs. I know it's just an OK song, but for some reason I've always been really attached to it.

Duality:

I never heard of Bonobo before this thread. So far I haven't heard one bad track.

This next one is fucking great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkghvDiji0Q

I have a feeling the next time I go shopping, I'll be buying more trip hop records than funk. I fell off on trip hop a while ago, but this shit has me itching.

• Like 1

^^ yeah dude, i was big into trip hop for like 4+ years before I found out about him. First I heard a couple tracks then grabbed an album and listened to it in full while hiking Half Dome. Shit blew my fucking mind. Great timing for me to learn about him. I also got a chance to see him recreate a bunch of his tracks with a full band for an awesome set. Don't miss out on the live tracks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWTuR6rxwmY

animal magic

bonobo_animal_magic.jpg

live sessions

6q9nedy.jpg

for me, top 5 tracks by bonobo are "the plug", "recurring", "sleepy seven", "kota", "terrapin"