The Trip Hop / Acid Jazz / Downtempo Thread

compton red

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EETr9P3Jq8k

Jimpster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTJbkuhk85E

And since it's raining..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6US-OOv_Pw

Thievery is always great. First album is still my favorite.

Anyone here remember Pork Recordings?

I still got some vinyl from this label. Great stuff..

Also just ran across some comps I got on Shadow Records. The Blunted series was some dopeness.

Boom Bip - Roads must roll

A Forest Mighty - Black Tides

A Forest Mighty Black - Rebirth

A forest mighty black - little princess

I don't know who's doing this version of the song, but Fresh in my mind I wish I could find the original.

Mellinoe --I:Cube is great.

The Daft Punk remix of Disco Cubizm is one of the all time classic house tracks.

I:Cube - Pooh Pah (sorry about the video game, it's the only version I could find.)

I've always thought of I:Cube as more house, but they do put out some good work for downtempo.

Can someone tell me if I'm wrong, but there is a difference between deep house and acid jazz --right? In some cases I know it's a slim difference and mixes well together, but there is a definite difference.

Deep House:

Glenn Underground - G&S Motion

Acid Jazz:

Incognito - " Thinking 'Bout Tomorrow "

Deep House:

Acid Jazz:

Count Basic - Moving In The Right Direction

It just seems like some people (not necessarily this thread) think they're the same. "That restaurant is good and the DJ plays acid jazzy stuff all night." Then you go and it's just deep house.

Well I know Acid Jazz has some house elements but it still more jazzy than house... Incognito is hard to tell with though, because within a lot of their albums have some unmistakable house-esque type tracks. Sometimes it can be hard to tell the difference between Acid Jazz and Soulful/Deep house but usually its not that hard.

real talk....although ive been a fan since the early mo wax and shadow record years.....i think the titles trip hop and acid jazz sound corny. ive always cringed when ive had to describe certain music as such. esp. while i was working at a record store.... having to file shit in "that" section.

illbient music people

on a side note i just remembered it wasnt krush that did this remix

Baby Fox - The rain (DJ Krust remix)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq71P0_FV6A

drugs are bad mmk

Well I know Acid Jazz has some house elements but it still more jazzy than house... Incognito is hard to tell with though, because within a lot of their albums have some unmistakable house-esque type tracks. Sometimes it can be hard to tell the difference between Acid Jazz and Soulful/Deep house but usually its not that hard.

You're not 15. You lied. No 15 year old knows about Incognito, and if they do they don't know their albums with any depth.

I'm calling bullshit on you being a 15 year old girl. You fooled me damn you!

im-chris-hansen-for-dateline-nbc-why-28506-1254879749-1.jpg

Chris Hansen mother fucker!

You're not 15. You lied. No 15 year old knows about Incognito, and if they do they don't know their albums with any depth.

I'm calling bullshit on you being a 15 year old girl. You fooled me damn you!

im-chris-hansen-for-dateline-nbc-why-28506-1254879749-1.jpg

Chris Hansen mother fucker!

I've been listening to Incognito since I came out of the womb. My mom was really into the Acid Jazz thing so I grew up with stuff like The Brand New Heavies, Incognito, Swing Out Sister etc etc. Plus she owns all of their CD's.