read news

abcs

I like to know whats going on both locally and not so locally. Its just that

the news is always so fucked up. I usually read it first thing in the morning.

So... the first things i get to think about are people getting hacked up in dope

houses, how the job market is going to remain stale into and perhaps beyond

next year, pedophiles, corruption, bleak financial forecasts, people getting

blown up halfway across the world. bodies being dug up in backyards. I mean...

once ive wrapped my brain around all that fucked up shit I have the rest of

the day ahead of me. I just got done reading the shit. It was all bad news,

each story worse than the next. Its hard enough keeping a positive attitude.

I might be done with it. thats all

I was tryin to make this a poll but i clicked the wrong button.

oh well

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

My girl constantly hounds me about the fact that i refuse to read the news every day because of the depressing shit that is typically reported on. It's upsetting. I will probably read the news about once a week.

I can't watch local news either because it's all homicide this, robbery this, rape this, blah blah blah... Usually they tie the end of the a local news story with something happy, but even then it's still 95% depressing 5% positive, but hey man I guess that's life.

Ron Paul's Hr 1207 passed...

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/115238?page=2

"In a surprising display of political rebellion, about half the Democrats present and all the Republicans voted for Mr. Paul’s bill instead of a compromise measure drafted by Representative Mel Watt, Democrat of North Carolina."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/20/business/20regulate.html?_r=1

I agree the news is pretty depressing. Like they say Ignorance is bliss. If you don't know about the bad shit that goes on you can't be upset about it.

And major props to the weekly world news. I used to read that shit for the funniest laughs ever, anyone get the book? It's great.

You can't let the news upset you, the world can be a terrible place.

But for every bad thing in the world there are ten good things. It's just that good things don't get reported most of the time. We are risk focused we want to know everything that can harm us so we can avoid it. So bad news is the most important, that's why reading the paper can be depressing.

The world and our lives are not as bad as it seems when viewed through the news.

• Like 1

just think, if you read all the negatie shit 1st thing in the morning, the chances are that your day can only get better..

i read the papers at work each morning...my job inoles haing to chat with cutomers so its always helpfull to be able to talk about whats going on in the world...

plus, im not sure why i do, but i enjoy reading the news. i take home a couple of sunday papers eery week and spend an hour or so chilling after work catching up...