REST IN POWER MR. MAGIC

YouMad.GIF

http://www.urb.com/permalink/7531/Mr.-Magic-Dies-From-Heart-Attack.html

zzmrmagicsrapattack_2_101b.jpg

Mr. Magic, a pioneering force in the Hip-Hop radio industry died this morning of a heart attack.

Mr. Magic, real name John Rivas, is most likely recognized by newer Hip-Hop fans through the assortment of shout-outs made in his honor (notably Nas, Notorious B.I.G. and Tupac), rose to prominence with his radio show "Rap Attack" featuring Marley Marl and the Juice Crew.

According to a report from The Smoking Section, DJ Premier released a statement regarding the death of the legend:

“He was known for his direct and sarcastic attitude on the air and every artist wanted his approval when it came to breaking new records.” -DJ Premier [The Smoking Section].

Even though his relevance wasn't anywhere near its peak at the time of his death, Mr. Magic's impact on the Hip-Hop culture is undeniable.

Today, Hip-Hop mourns the loss of yet another legend.

Rest in Peace Mr. Magic.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I know, heard this shit on Hot 97 this morning where he actually worked at some point back in the day.

They didn't play any clips of him and as far as I know or remember I never heard him myself.

They were saying most of the style you hear from Hip Hop radio DJ's general swag came directly from him.

R.I.P.