please take a moment to read this :: ALL MEMBERS!!

R@ndomH3ro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Yo Negroes, 12oz. needs you

A few questions, PSM-

1) What happened to the Google ads? Even if they weren't super lucrative, something is still better than nothing.

well, they didnt pay off as well as we would have liked and this network ad company is way more official with real ads not adsense random ads they control.

2) Since the beginning of the year, the Alexa rank for the site has jumped around 10,000 points....from around 28,000 to just under 19,000. As I recall, Raven said higher Alexa rating=more advertising interest=more $$$ for the site. Has that not worked out as planned?

well, we just came back down from the 28K range, and see even though we have steady page views, if the ads are clicked then it actually works against us..as mams also noted you also dont want to click more then once a day..

3) Is Wanga still involved with the site?

Yeah Wanga is still involved in the back end of the board and maintains it mostly.

4) Related to the above, what's happening with 12 oz IRC?

You might want to hit up wanga, that was his thing , with some other 12oz. users, not sure..

5) And 12 oz radio?

if we had funds, we would love to do some sort of thing.. actually Earl Broq just did a old school funk/ jazzy mix on some site and its legit, he would be dope for a 12oz. radio show, even though he says spins for fun..

Is the 12 oz a profitable enterprise?

If it were do you think we would be posting this thread...

FYI - 12oz. the website has been around from before half the people on here thought computers were cool.. "like me for example". and I was already working with Raven on a mail order and helping with 12oz. when it was a magazine. anyhow.. the forum organically has grown and up until 2 years ago Misteraven was paying every penny out of his pocket to keep the site going, finally he broke down and got google adsense and that still was not even paying half of the hosting costs..

so no, as it stands it barely breaks even with some months being better and leaving some change, which then goes back into buying new servers and shit like that.

4.Fuck IRC, its old and dead. obsolete.

Tinychat is NO replacement for IRC. You can't DCC in Tinychat, the format is too small and static, the features that give it an edge are beta quality at this point, and it crashes a lot...and check this out, it's in the TOS-

"Except as explained in this policy, Tinychat will not share your personal information with any third party without first receiving your permission, unless we believe in good faith that the law or professional duty requires it. See Information Sharing Policy. Please remember that any information you disclose in a "Friends & Family" or "Public" Community becomes public information and is immediately accessible on Tinychat, so it is important for you to exercise discretion and appropriate caution when deciding to reveal personal information in these areas."

There's a lot more you might be interested in reading here-

http://tinychat.com/privacy.html

And I might be mistaken but I think Tinychat is part of the Tinypic/Myspace/Fox conglomerate.

Nike, black people, and basketball.

I couldn't be less interested.

well, if you like to hang out on the board and want to see it keep progressing with new features it would be nice to click these ads...

no one is asking for money.. just a little help..

I;m not a Negro, but I will still click it a ton.

once a day is fine, if you click into them more then once a day the rest dont really count and actually hurt the stats.. and then thats just wasting your time.

thanks!

Well shit, I figgured you guy's had to be making a little scratch off this, a friend of mine has a make up website and she does pretty well at it.

I upgraded to the vip thing just to set a good example. Like public radio and the like.

Like public radio and the like.

Haha, these threads totally remind me of the commercials you see on PBS...."WE'RE BROKE, ARRRRGGGGH, SEND US MONEY SO WE CAN KEEP MASTERPIECE THEATER ON THE AIR!"

Well shit, I figgured you guy's had to be making a little scratch off this, a friend of mine has a make up website and she does pretty well at it.

I upgraded to the vip thing just to set a good example. Like public radio and the like.

Yeah but chicks shop, they see ads for things and they click and go buy shit... as you already know the 12oz crowd has a real broad spectrum of users (mostly kids against the man).. So many dont care to click bc they dont know this helps them in the end.

Haha, these threads totally remind me of the commercials you see on PBS...."WE'RE BROKE, ARRRRGGGGH, SEND US MONEY SO WE CAN KEEP MASTERPIECE THEATER ON THE AIR!"

yeah its something like that, but it would really suck if we had to pull the plug on 12oz. and stick to just doing the agency work we do which then pays the rest of the bill for keeping it alive.

yeah its something like that, but it would really suck if we had to pull the plug on 12oz. and stick to just doing the agency work we do which then pays the rest of the bill for keeping it alive.

I'm joking...you guys will continue to get my money once a year as long as you have a site. However, I block ads pretty aggressively in FF so I can't see anything right now. I'll boot up Ironware to click a couple ads, though.

It would be funny if you did a PBS style fundraiser with the ringing phones and corny suits..."Do your part to keep 12 oz on the web so we can bring you all the latest drama, e-beef and programs like and "THE LADY TRIBE REHAB EXPERIENCE" and "WHO WANTS TO BE A SELF PROMOTER?"