Rest In Power... CRUDE OIL..

King Ku

12ozProphet is looking to get an online memorial gallery together for Bernie.

We're looking for photos of his work (paint, ink or otherwise), as well as shots of him (action or hanging). The best contributions will be included in a permanent online memorial for his friends and family to enjoy. Please share any shots you have that you feel best represent Bernie and what he stood for. Also, please forward this message along to any people you might know that has shots of him and his work.

Please read the required spec below carefully...

- photos need to be a minimum of 1008px wide and a minimum of 646px high. (not necessarily those exact dimensions, but at least those sizes minimum)

- resolution should be 72dpi if you followed the minimum size above.

- format should be jpg, png, or tif.

- include as much detail about the photo as possible: photo credit, date, location, and sentence or two description.

email to: webmaster@12ozprophet.com with 'OIL - RIP' in the subject. If the file or combined total of files being contributed is larger than 1.5mb, please send via a free file transfer service like http://www.yousendit.com

We'll email you back when we have things together. All photos will be credited.

Please repost this (quote) anytime this thread rolls over to a new page.

Thanks. I'm sure Bernie would appreciate everyone coming together for him like this.

Crudest Oil - RIP.

http://www.12ozprophet.com

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

There is no one like you, and there never will be. I have so many memories, that posting one just isn't enough. But the time I think that really made us laugh was the night we went out and bombed that place near the strip club. the cop in his car freaking me out and he was just doing paperwork.. going to huddle house late at night at getting you a blt with no mayo and watching you do watercolor. going to shows and watching you walk around the pit like you didnt give a fuck. holding your hand and watching chappelles show and cracking up. ay okey and gucci mane. you drinking heineken and me with my bud light. our roadtrip to jacksonville, nc and getting somewhat lost. you kicking ass at pool.. cliff bars, your smile.. i will never love any tattoo more than the ones you put on me. having your tag on me will always put a smile to my face. you will always have my heart. I will never forget the things you told me and I will never tell a soul what is between you and me. I honestly don't know how to go on without you. But your last day you told me something I will take with me forever, and hugging you goodbye will always stay with me. You are my rock and I will love you for all my life. I will see you soon, and we are going to party it up. I'll bring the Heineken. and the blts. <3 I love you.[[/[/b]B]IMG]http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt65/jess_sauce/2009-07-11012128.jpg?t=1250050628[/img]l_19da422337e141fa94ac90b5be0d5436.jpg?t=1250050964[/img]2009-07-12174017.jpg?t=1250051072[/img][/img]2009-07-11012144.jpg?t=12500513212009-08-06142225-1.jpg?t=1250051356l_89c0fe69ddd048caab6e3faf61872db2.jpg?t=12500513892009-07-17221706.jpg?t=12500515172009-07-27044835.jpg?t=1250051535

everymorning i keep waking up and realize this is no dream.i havent been able to look at this thread for more than a minute without breaking down. bernie saw something in me and my friends no one else could see at the time. before any politics were ever involved bernie was the most str8 up guy i had ever met. bernie changed my fucking life . i remember the first time meeting him. me and crons had been painting the night before and i went to take flicks. right down the street from where we did our fills over some toys bernie had gone and done a silver over some beef of his at the time. i wigged out and was amazed at the fact that this guy went out in our vicinity and didnt wait to catch us or rob a brand new fill off our garbage at the time. i snap flicks of our work and his and the next thing i know im on the 836 getting a call from a girl saying shes at a tattoo shop with some guy who calls himself oil and he wants to meet me. i didnt know what the fuck was going on. did this guy follow me watch me paint and then find my girl to tell her to bring me to him? was he going to beat me down or tell me i wasnt allowed to write my name anymore? the stories i grew up hearing about bernie had me scared and somewhat confused but i knew i had to go step up. i get to the shop and this guy comes out and gives me love like we had known each other for decades. bernie and i had no affiliation with letters and for all i was worth at the time he could have ended my career that day. but instead he jumped in with the homies and we ended up on a week long party with old and new friends enjoying eachothers company. from that day on my life was never the same. we didnt need to paint to be down, this guy was about being down then going and wrecking. not about wrecking and then hoping we can chill and get along.if we were chilling i felt on top of the world, if we were painting i felt on top of the world.if my letters came out like complete boof bernie would be like but yo p u handled that color scheme like no other. there was always a positive note to end on with bernie. bernie was in the handful of people i could call a close personal friend. and his legacy will forever continue to change my outlook on this world every fucking day. i really wish i never had to write this but i miss you bernie. my life and many others that followed will never be the same.

PROKS

• Like 1

12ozProphet is looking to get an online memorial gallery together for Bernie.

We're looking for photos of his work (paint, ink or otherwise), as well as shots of him (action or hanging). The best contributions will be included in a permanent online memorial for his friends and family to enjoy. Please share any shots you have that you feel best represent Bernie and what he stood for. Also, please forward this message along to any people you might know that has shots of him and his work.

Please read the required spec below carefully...

- photos need to be a minimum of 1008px wide and a minimum of 646px high. (not necessarily those exact dimensions, but at least those sizes minimum)

- resolution should be 72dpi if you followed the minimum size above.

- format should be jpg, png, or tif.

- include as much detail about the photo as possible: photo credit, date, location, and sentence or two description.

email to: webmaster@12ozprophet.com with 'OIL - RIP' in the subject. If the file or combined total of files being contributed is larger than 1.5mb, please send via a free file transfer service like http://www.yousendit.com

We'll email you back when we have things together. All photos will be credited.

Please repost this (quote) anytime this thread rolls over to a new page.

Thanks. I'm sure Bernie would appreciate everyone coming together for him like this.

Crudest Oil - RIP.

http://www.12ozprophet.com

seeing his work as a starting toy gave me the insite to what proper graffiti looks like. i never had the honor of meeting him. but his work has had a profound effect on my work and approach to graffiti for years. its hard to except the fact that he is gone. rest in peace and my condolences to the EPC fam and others that knew him.

My brother Bernie, it was like yesterday when we were in elementary school. not worrying about the responsibilities of life. just having fun and laughing. who would have figure we would become professional vandals. you gave us style, smiles, and some of the best memories ever. like the time u mased some fool in front of society hill. how about the time when you visited me in the hospital when i broke my leg in front of the school. not even knowing me very much. and almost 20yrs later you inked it. eka allday!! my homie, my comrade, my brother. see u soon. -LDAWG76

being from the east coast i was definately familiar with oilers graffiti,and man could this dude paint,take notes kids this is what graffiti is supposed to look like.classic,readable and tough as nails.the man had style and i hope to catch him rolling on the lines for years to come.rest in peace forever