Rest In Power... CRUDE OIL..

King Ku

Great words King of the south...

i wish i could have gotten to know bernie better. only got to chill with him a few times but i'll never forget that shit. getting tattoo'd by him when we were all drunk and high. great fucking times...one of the greatest-from handstyles to pieces, dude just had it down. one of my favorites ever and im glad i had the honor to paint with him. RIP!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

BB... I still can't believe it. I've been thinking about you so much lately too with your birthday coming up. I was cleaning out my room the other day & I found that hoochie shirt you made me for my birthday and how much we laughed when I tried it on & it barely covered my chest. We used to laugh so much and play around all day, all night. You were always laughing, always joking.... the life of the party, always making people feel welcomed & always spoke your mind. You didn't give a fuck if they liked it or not. You were a real nigga.... always stood up for your friends and took shit from no one.... no matter the situation... u were a g.... thank you for the oppurtunity to be such a big part of your life. I am truly blessed to have known a king.... you were just too special, just too good for this life.... baby your memory will carry on forever, through your art, your tattoos, through the love that all your people have for you.... I don't think you realize what an impact you made on so many peoples life. This has effected everyone who's known you & even the people who were never lucky enough to be graced by your presence.... I'll bare your name til the die I die.... til the day I see you again and we're reunited.... I know you're in peace now & all the pain you carried melted away.... you may not be here physically but I promise you we'll never let your spirit go...... I can't believe I'm writing these word to you but RIP BB.... I know you're smiling down on us doing fill ins on the clouds.... I love you...

Somethings I learned from OIL:

-Swing first, ask them what they write when the beating ends.

-Drink Newcastle beer.

-Do a thousand tags and a thousand throwups before attempting to wack a peice out.

-I Wont give it away, but its the correct way to do a proportioned throwup.

-Get a haircut hippie. And some new shoes.

-Whatever bags you brought your paint in, wrap your new shoes in it like a biohazard suit to avoid getting paint on them and having to jack someone for their new shoes.

-Listen to the most ignorant music possible in any given situation .

-Lortabs are bad.

-A good peice isnt shit if the dude who did it has no handstyle.

-If you cant win fair, clobber him with something.But dont lose.

-Dont set trip. Dont steal from your friends. Tell no lies.

-Things are never as cool as they seem.

-Represent your culture.

-Women are a necessary evil so are toys.

-Being a pervert is ok and in some cultures socially accepted.

-In general its probably the best idea in any given situation to run from the police, jail is for scrubs.

-Always keep them wanting more. Quality over quantity.

-Protect the weak and young.

-the name drizle is wack. you should write DZ.

-HANDSTYLE. HANDSTYLE. HANDSTYLE.

Party on my friend, I hope your clouds have cleared and you see with 20/20 that you were the franchise player on our team and that everyone from the cheerleaders to the coach are destroyed right now. Me and you are gonna have a longgggggg talk one day buddy you got some splaining to do.

12ozProphet looking to get an online memorial gallery together for Bernie.

We're looking for photos of his work (paint, ink or otherwise), as well as shots of him (action or hanging). The best contributions will be included in a permanent online memorial for his friends and family to enjoy. Please share any shots you have that you feel best represent Bernie and what he stood for. Also, please forward this message along to any people you might know that has shots of him and his work.

Please read the required spec below carefully...

- photos need to be a minimum of 1008px wide and a minimum of 646px high. (not necessarily those exact dimensions, but at least those sizes minimum)

- resolution should be 72dpi if you followed the minimum size above.

- format should be jpg, png, or tif.

- include as much detail about the photo as possible: photo credit, date, location, and sentence or two description.

email to: webmaster@12ozprophet.com with 'OIL - RIP' in the subject. If the file or combined total of files being contributed is larger than 1.5mb, please send via a free file transfer service like http://www.yousendit.com

We'll email you back when we have things together. All photos will be credited.

Please repost this (quote) anytime this thread rolls over to a new page.

Thanks. I'm sure Bernie would appreciate everyone coming together for him like this.

Crudest Oil - RIP.

http://www.12ozprophet.com

DZ couldnt have put it any better ...

OiL was a true G never folded..

Remember at the pro am on south beach when like 15 heads where about to rush him he still stood there told them niggas wuts up clocked one and split then the homies came and caught his back and them niggas split.... I forgot what crew it was...

Rest In Peace Homie... Ur Def Missed The Streets Love U ...

One thing i def learned off u was never let the competition think they got the last laugh..

Seems like yest i was sweating them HomeDepot Signs u used to lace with the ill handstyles for the store ...Here some more gems i found def will be pullin out some more from the stash soon for all ur homies and fans to see ...

998.jpg

3634180070_5579630a5f.jpg

3462487202_00e10fe647.jpg

3461606865_ce5d06d53f.jpg

3431492169_bd10252a15.jpg

3426783528_43b5997008_o.jpg

3411814157_24deaa927f.jpg

151.jpg

Bernie was such a special part of my life. As soon as I heard the tragic news my mind flooded with thousands of memories of all the time I got to spend with him. More than he was anything else to me, he was one of the best friends I’ve ever known. He stuck right by my side through some of the lowest and saddest points in my life- and carried me through to the other side. We kept in touch over the years and I was always so happy to catch up with him. He was one of those rare friends that I could go months without talking to and when we did it was like we hadn’t missed a moment. The last time I saw him was one of his last trips to Miami. He was in a rush to get back on the road, so we met up in a parking lot just to say hi and give each other a hug. After that we made plans for me to come up for a long weekend so he could finally show me around Jacksonville. We had a bunch of fun things planned and I was so excited, but at the last minute I couldn’t make it. I wish more than anything I would have dropped everything to be there. I really wish I had that last opportunity to hug him, laugh with him, and just enjoy and fully take in all the happiness and zest for life he exuded. Although I’m sure his legacy will be beautiful and profound- I’m absolutely devastated, as is my family who loved him very much too. I am so very sorry for everyone who loved him and is surely grieving this enormous loss.

BB, I love you forever and always, and until we meet again I will miss you every day. Glad you’re finally happy and whole.

661486094_june09066(Custom).jpg.26077011e1f2e4163ff3923d0090a305.jpg

1955932214_june09068(Custom).jpg.79197a2a11054e4d1106e6fe2612fb87.jpg

772009649_june09072(Custom).jpg.04f3fc30e8534dcdac4949c798c5b4b9.jpg

2054722762_june09073(Custom).jpg.4c8d23111c5e3e5be15c3b0ad4dde244.jpg

2122774107_june09074(Custom).jpg.bf761b3b67eea52eeaf0add4d60504a7.jpg

343270753_june09075(Custom).jpg.4bcbdcde8cc67fcb8cecdb54173e3dcd.jpg

571767611_june09077(Custom).jpg.2da7655fa11101f247eeb8aa17fbab5f.jpg

1111915_june09078(Custom).jpg.b7c992da08a559f1590aa559c43cc6ba.jpg

• Like 1

Damn Bernie!!!!

It was graffiti that brought us together nearly 15 years ago but it was your

friendship that kept us close. Beyond you having the best handstyle in the game

you were the homie, you were my friend.

I was out doing your fill ins last night and I know you were laughing at me. Not

for struggling to do it but for walking threw the hood crying. Cause i already know

you were saying "look at this cracka crying in the hood" :p

From the Magnolia Projects to Little Havana , you are an Original Hot Boy!!!

Love ya Bernie Perez

Harsh Flavor Savers Evil People

sorry about the grammar errors, that was the hardest thing i ever typed

DZ couldnt have put it any better ...

OiL was a true G never folded..

Remember at the pro am on south beach when like 15 heads where about to rush him he still stood there told them niggas wuts up clocked one and split then the homies came and caught his back and them niggas split.... I forgot what crew it was...

Hahaha.....I remeber this, we were walking threw the pro-am and Bernie's like i think

there is a few people here I have beef with. I was like its straight I got your back. Not even

3 seconds later we are rushed by what felt like the whole pro-am but it was like 15 dudes.

i remember Bernie clocking the first dude square in the face and I new it was on. We scrapped

for a few seconds and the rest of our crew showed up and those pussies ran away.

I remember which crew it was but those toys will remain nameless.

I cant believe this. Oiler was one of the first dudes i saw up when i just started writing graffiti. He was a king of florida and beyond. I was looking forward to meeting the king one day now to hear of this passing is really depressing. had a a big influence on my work and will continue to inspire me. a king among kings. rest in peace King Crude Oils EP WH COD