Rest In Power... CRUDE OIL..

King Ku

I spoke to Bernie about posting pictures, and he wondered why i took them off my myspace one time, he was kind of offended, i told him i thought he didn't want his face up there, and he said no. I think a face should go with a name. right now he's so happy i guarantee he doesn't care. Him and Sace are partying it up, and i doubt that would even faze him.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I never met the late Oil personally, but like many others on here I basically feel like I somewhat know a good bit about the man. From the other writers of my generation and their "stories" that were passed on, to the old schoolers who have mentioned him, and me growing up seeing his tags and fills all over Kendall and such, I always figured he was something else. For some reason, no matter what had been said of him, before reaching a conclusion the speaker always had something good to say about Oil at the end, and this I sincerely mean it. Coming from Miami and temporarily relocating up North, I have met many talented writers from in between and when mentioning my roots he was one of the main 5 guys who was always mentioned, ironically. I always admired the letters of course, and strongly assumed he had heart, but after reading through all these pages I realize there was way more to this person besides all that and a good heart after all. All this to say that after all it is a big loss to us all, some more than others, but believe me we all felt it for he was like our 2pac or Eddie Griffin because graffiti is a passion and a sport for a lot of us. I hope his family and friends overcome all their sorrow, and I do not doubt his eternity in the Miami Graffiti history and more. We (the crew and I) offer you all our most sincere condolences, and assure you that is a lost for all of us as well.

live on.

• Like 1

Bernie's true friends know that he would not want his face posted anywhere - no matter what. He was, and has always been, extremely private about publishing photos of himself on the internet. He never wanted people who didn't know him to know what he looked like. He valued the mystery and glamor that comes with not being able to put a face to a name.

Please don't allow my friends image to become mainstream.

People who are his friends have pictures of him and are sharing amongst ourselves - there is no need to put pictures of his face on a graffiti website.

:spent2:

This is a ridiculous statement. Bernie helped build this site and obviously this thread is for Bernie by freinds of Bernie. There is no mystery to be had, and knowing him better than most, I seriously doubt he'd have taken issue with it.

If there was ever a time to celebrate the true Bernie, it's most certainly now.

this dude is ill. i spent almost two months in south florida in feb and march 1998. driving from ft lauderdale to south beachfor the first time, i knew right away who the king of miami was. oil took three typically boring letters and made this slick, classic style that is unforgettable. the one that stands out the most in my memory was a vw bug billboard with june. it was on the left headed out to south beach. its permanently embedded in my memory, but i've never seen a picture. peace to his friends and fam.

kinda crazy how i've seen you laid up at every fr8 spot ive painted this last week

3821140072_8847053df1_b.jpg

i remember this one! this was actually an unfinished oil that nero and i walked up on in georgia..the o and half the i were filled in and it must of rolled out on him. nero and i finished the fill and i busted the outline.. i felt honored to being able to do an oil on a train. i kinda felt like i was walking in shoes fit for a king but just a couple sizes too big for me. i remember telling him the next day i finished it for him and he was crackin on me askin if i put any of my fruity color schemes in it for him.. i was like naaa just that oiler homedepot special rusto black and white all day. we clowned and hoped it would pop up one day on the lines since i never got a flick of it.its kind of a bittersweet memory.

i met bernie when i was a lil kid. my cousin jessie and him went to high school together and use to hang occasionally way b4 i started painting. he never knew id grow up and start this shit nor be very influenced by his work. i knew him as bernie, not oil, and he knew me by my real name as well. rest in peace to thee real miami legend.

P