The BMX Thread

R@ndomH3ro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STRAIGHT OUTTA 1987

I SHOULD HAVE OVERHAULED THIS GEM MANY YEARS AGO.

PICTURE TAKEN TODAY.

woodlandriver002.jpg

^^^ Old School Gyro . Skyway mags, and all! Where are the Mushroom Grips lol

The Candy Apple red ones were the shit with White Z-Rims! Used to have a GT Pro Performer, World Tour and Haro Master back in the days rocking Cherry Pickers, Miami Hoppers, etc..

I still ride BMX to this day Have a 20" KGB Psychonetta www.kgbflat.com

so i find road bikes extremely uncomfortable and my bike handling isn't the greatest and am thinking about buying a bmx bike to use to commute about and just ride around. any suggestions?

yeah, get a street bike. Like I said most freestyle bikes are 18" top tube or smaller and unless you are short your going to bang your knees all the time

Race bikes are just that, for racing. Their gearing is big and makes it hard to pedal but once you get going you get to super fast speeds.

Street bikes are light, have a lower gearing for quick acceleration, and have some extended top tube that make it more comfortable for medium to tall dudes to ride

How much are you looking to spend?

I just garbage picked this 2 days ago , put a new 16" tube in it , washed it quickly and it's new again . My 5 year old son was ecstatic today , and trying to grind with the front pegs on a curb . :lol: I can't believe the things people throw away these days...oh well my son's gain . BTW , he ditched the training wheels last year....so sad to see 6-7 year old retard kids with training wheels because they have pussy parents that won't let their kids take a small fall and learn how to pedal .

204687802.jpg

Yeah SE is the only company that makes good cruisers. I was just joking on the 29er, but you are a big dude. Really that 29er is a novelty bike that SE makes. I really dont see anyone riding it, why when you probably get a better bike made by someone that is more into those types of bikes.

BMX companies need to stick to BMX

But FBM does make an awesome track bike frame that is solid as hell.

I don't know....SE makes a nice track bike, simply because I love SE. Nice around town bike. Man I need a new back rim, I'm going crazy.

so sad to see 6-7 year old retard kids with training wheels because they have pussy parents that won't let their kids take a small fall and learn how to pedal .

this. i recently volunteered for the lose the training wheels when it came to my city, helped some retarded kids learn to ride bikes.

it was really rewarding, and the first time i had worked with disabled kids. it was pretty eye-opening.

edit- heres the site for people who don't know what it is. i dont necessarily agree with parents paying others to parent their retarded kids, but thats a whole nother idea.

http://www.losethetrainingwheels.org/

Seriously though, bikes suck.

I rode when I was a kid, and then I started taking the bus/walking everywhere at 15. I'd walk hours and hours, but still thought a bike was too gay to ride

Now I drive my nice, comfortable car, and don't walk, take the bus, or ride a bike, because I think they're all gay

It's OK though, I'm not juding you guys. To each their own

From the pictures I've seen I'm smaller than Shai, and apparently he rides harder than you?

FUCK OUTTA HERE SON! Haha

Dude, Shai has been a messenger since like messengers where invented. Also I am sure I can ride as hard as him if not harder. Not only do I ride everyday, but also run and swim.

I should weigh 190 tops, and I'm at 230. I definitely feel like I'm out of shape but I'm still about as strong as I was when I was riding every day. I'm just not at my peak.

If I were to get back on the bike, I would easily lose 30 pounds in the first couple months. In fact, that's one of the biggest reasons I'm considering getting a basket bike and back on the road.

I should weigh 190 tops, and I'm at 230. I definitely feel like I'm out of shape but I'm still about as strong as I was when I was riding every day. I'm just not at my peak.

If I were to get back on the bike, I would easily lose 30 pounds in the first couple months. In fact, that's one of the biggest reasons I'm considering getting a basket bike and back on the road.

you and your baskets