The BMX Thread

R@ndomH3ro

oldmetal_museum_vectorpro.jpg

Some fixed gear retard on here is probably scheming a pair of these on eBay while I type this.

I had a chrome Predator when I was 13-14. It was all right, I just rode it to get around. Sometime in the late 90s I was helping a friend clean out his basement and he had a pristine late 80s Performer. I asked him if he'd sell it and he said he'd let it go for $100. For whatever reason I passed it by...it's probably still there collecting dust.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never got my other dream-bike, pk ripper loop-tail

Hit up the vintagebmx.com or bmxmuseum wanted and for sale sections....ebay, there floating. I'm not into collecting the 80's bikes so much. I do kind of want a trickstar though. I just picked up a tandem that I'm doing a full restoration to right now, something for my girl and I to ride. I think next I'm trying to get a penny farthing, got to finish this one first. How serious are you about getting that looptail? I know two guys that might have one that work at the LBS....

Nowadays, we are pushing some GHP's, Redlines, Haro still, Kuwahara, Brew, well actually there is this whole CPSIA thing and everything is changing up. I think Brew is done....At one point a lot bike companies were looking to close, but I think people have found ways around it now. Anyways, Staats, some GT, SE and Hutch and Skyway are finding there niche markets. Sun Ringle is the rim of choice for a lot of people, Chris King is the [insert part here] of choice. Triple Traps are out and clipless pedals are in. You should check out some Supercross, people are doing crazy unheard of things on a bike, consistently now. As far as street, flat, starting a new company is like pissing in the ocean. ACS is still running strong too.

And congrats to dR for winning Worlds for the US.

Peace.

Also

http://cgi.ebay.com/OLDSCHOOL-PK-RIPPER-FRAME-LOOP-TAIL_W0QQitemZ150360958189QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCycling_Parts_Accessories?hash=item23023624ed&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com/SE-PK-Ripper-Looptail-Frame-and-Fork-NEW-Cool-White_W0QQitemZ290334505475QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item439948fa03&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I didn't really look at them, I didn't really look hard as I'm about to go to bed...

My 5 year old watched " Joe Kid On A Stingray " , and I saw in his eyes the same look I know I had when I watched Santa Cruz's " Streets On Fire " . It's safe to say he wants to BMX . I actually found pegs for his 16" WalMart " Rocket " . :lol: The crazy little sucker actually grinded a curb in front of our house . I need to buy a digital camcorder stat . :cool:

not only a hemorrhoid, but a rod, hemo, and viking combo... all primo and probably from 1999... last time i was actually "riding" riding that bike i was doing crankflip shit... *even though apparently that's cool again... i actually took it to a shitty little pre-fab skate park the other day with a couple skater homies... the bars slipped and i dead sailor'ed a crappy hip... barf.

there's actually a dk iron cross pedal on the other side too... jeah!

*edit* also, the sunday is all sunday/odyssey/g sport/animal...

not only a hemorrhoid, but a rod, hemo, and viking combo... all primo and probably from 1999... last time i was actually "riding" riding that bike i was doing crankflip shit... *even though apparently that's cool again... i actually took it to a shitty little pre-fab skate park the other day with a couple skater homies... the bars slipped and i dead sailor'ed a crappy hip... barf.

there's actually a dk iron cross pedal on the other side too... jeah!

*edit* also, the sunday is all sunday/odyssey/g sport/animal...

dead sailors and crank flips. those were the days. :lol: :lol:

The only thing I have to contribute to this thread is that KGP used to be a sponsored BMX rider

I knew he was good and all, but it was hilarious when I realized he had actual fans. Like 5 years back we show up to a skatepark at night, all drunk and beligirent, and there's a few random kids there who, upon seeing him, go "OH SHIT YOU'RE ____! DO YOU WANNA RIDE MY BIKE?!" haha

get me an FBM, why are american made frames so god damn expensive?

ANYTHING THAT IS AMERICAN MADE 90% OF THE TIME IS HIGHER QUALITY.

BUT THE MAIN THING IS THE LABOR COSTS TO MAKE IT HERE IN THE STATES

RATHER THAN SENDING THE PRODUCT OVERSEAS (CHINA) TO BE MASS PRODUCED

AT MINIMAL LABOR COSTS, BUT DEFINATLEY WITH CHEAPER WELDS AND ALL AROUND QUALITY.

PLACES LIKE JAPAN AND GERMANY WOULD BE HELLA EXPENSIVE TO HAVE MAKE OUR STUFF.

THATS WHY WHEN "WE" MAKE ANYTHING HERE IN THE USA WE SHOULD MAKE IT THE BEST AND AS FAST AS WE CAN WHILE STILL MAINTAINING QUALITY STANDARDS.

BECAUSE THERE'S ALWAYS A BIG-WIG TRYING TO MAKE A BUCK BY SENDING YOUR JOB OVERSEAS TO SAVE ON PAYING YOU THE HIGHER WAGE.

PEACE-