The BMX Thread

R@ndomH3ro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im looking to build up a frame (in the future, maybe the 3rd or 2nd frame i build) that il be using to cruise around downtown, maybe do a little tricks and whatnot on (not grinds and crap, just hopping onto things and stuff.). any suggestions as to what type of bike? i know theres cruisers, dirt jump, bmx, all kinds of different frame types out there and im not really familiar with them. if anyone could recommend a bike and il just copy the geometry from it

im looking to build up a frame (in the future, maybe the 3rd or 2nd frame i build) that il be using to cruise around downtown, maybe do a little tricks and whatnot on (not grinds and crap, just hopping onto things and stuff.). any suggestions as to what type of bike? i know theres cruisers, dirt jump, bmx, all kinds of different frame types out there and im not really familiar with them. if anyone could recommend a bike and il just copy the geometry from it

Whatever it is it needs to be light, do you know how to weld 4130 Chromoly?

You can go to any BMX site and get the geometry of their frames.

But I would seriously buy one, the guys that build frames here in the United States are small companies of good dudes that I would support rather then rip off their specs.

Get a FBM frame, those guys are nice dudes and serious business when it comes to BMX

http://www.fbmbmx.com/

yea i can weld that, i welded some for a windmill type thing project. it didnt work but that beside the point. it was easy to weld haha.

and yea, i know i should be supporting them but money is a HUGE issue right now. there a million things i need to buy that i cant make. so why not make the things i need to buy and can make. and that just happens to be bike frames.

think about it, people dont buy brand name markers, they steal kiwi mops and make their own ink.

I rode an OM recently...it's pretty nice, the price is hard to beat ($750) and it seems like it would handle a basket well. The next bike I get is going to be a basket bike, so I don't think the 29" would be the right choice.

I'll beat it 500$ for the fbm angel of death, fucking brakes are great snfu brake fucking IDK how many times they saved my dumb ass, the bb's are ill nigga you'll pedal 3x and coast like a mother fucker, hook it with a basket you'll be good to go all the chicks will be on your dick.