The BMX Thread

R@ndomH3ro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ But this would get in the way of rollin' through the hood really fast! Don't do it...

There isn't a "hood" in Stuttgart, Germany

And in the past when I did roll through the hood, I was never worried about how fast I could go and was just more concerned with watching out for broken glass.

yeah, get a street bike. Like I said most freestyle bikes are 18" top tube or smaller and unless you are short your going to bang your knees all the time

Race bikes are just that, for racing. Their gearing is big and makes it hard to pedal but once you get going you get to super fast speeds.

Street bikes are light, have a lower gearing for quick acceleration, and have some extended top tube that make it more comfortable for medium to tall dudes to ride

How much are you looking to spend?

thanks man, around $400.

• 2 weeks later...

Fuck man, as the weather is starting to get cold I am trying to get all my riding in before winter. Figures that I now would need some new tires (got a bald spot on my rear tire) and all the tubes I have are busted.

Fuck man, they need to have a bmx store that is open for more then a few hours a day here in Stuttgart

Yeah, its pretty light. I just need to get a new wheelset and it will be super light. Right now I got my old rims on it and they are heavy SOBs (maybe 2 half each)

I am going to wait and just ride them around, the weather is getting cold so I dont think I will have to much time left. I am going to get some custom wheels built when I get my tax return

yeah.. i quit riding years ago. i was into trails and being in florida there isnt a single place to ride out here. but when can get the money i would love to be able to start riding again.

Then ride street! haha

Yeah, I have been riding a pos bike for a long while. But getting pieces here and there of shit I really wanted..then one day *BAM* The bike you see before you. Like I said all I need is a new wheelset, maybe I might get a different chain ring, but for now the stuff I got is fine until I can get the money up

also anyone know where i can get some primo powerbites with a TI spindle on the cheap will be my friend for life

So this is a question for the old school heads and racers. The miss told me today that she wants to start training to be a bmx racer, I first was stunned but then again I am sure she can do it cause she always rides hard. Now I dont know shit about racing, I am a ride around casual and hop on stuff street guy. What is a good race bike, what would you recommend for training, and what else do I need to know to help her get into racing again?

There is a shop around here with a dude that has won many international and german titles. I am going to talk to him as well....so advice?? tips??? bike ideas??

Thanks