So her palette is basic....

ShortFuse

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 50million

i grew up on total crap. stouffers lasagna, 7-11 and food4less was our main grocery stores. iceberg lettuce with ranch was considered a vegetable.

i guess my body was so sick of it, i gave it all up and went vegan when i was 13. i couldnt take it anymore, and i gave up a whole world of food. i finally moved out when i was 16, and became vegetarian, incorporating dairy back into my diet. then at 17 and living in sf, i finally started eating meat again. there was a whole world of food i didnt know of. i do blame my parents. i love them to death, but they really need to branch out.

after being in your girlfriends shoes pretty much, i would say incorporate new things slowly.a good start is the world of cheeses, international fare, but the key is familiarity.

maybe make a pizza with feta, then a nice veggie/hummus plate, with feta and tabbouleh, then a feta spinach spanikopita.

it sounds like she likes a lot of mexican/spanish dishes from the ingredients you listed. maybe try Caribbean or Cuban sometime. thai is always nice.

Damn, i was with a girl a couple of years ago who was the same as your lady. She wouldnt eat anything but pasta and junk and drink nothing but coke, surprisingly she was well fit and did a fair bit of excersise. It sucked going out for dinner with the girl she wouldnt want to eat anywhere i did, when i would cook i would cook her something diffrent. I once got her to eat teryaki chicken and she hated it. I dropped the bitch shortly after that.

at least she is a cheap date

haha that is what she calls herself. i thank everyone for there either comical or serious posts. She had a poor life when she was younger, money wise, hardships came because of hurricane andrew back in day hitting miami destroying her home. shes dominican/german and has the more spanish influence yet food wise doesnt go far past well done skirt steak and some churosco(spelled wrong) over top. A lot of you nailed it by saying microwaved foods but really over all its just the preprepared sodium filled bs.

Horrible palette or not I still love this girl.....itll just be one long road of spouse starvation and grocery arguments.

well, that was just a shot at at you for my own laughs, but the way you think spaghetti and hamburgers are regular food, but not ethnic dishes leads me to believe you don't ever feel like trying something new.

How the fuck are spaghetti and hamburgers not regular food?

And the word ethnic in and of itself implies that the shit aint regular food.

the fuck are you talking about?

How the fuck are spaghetti and hamburgers not regular food?

And the word ethnic in and of itself implies that the shit aint regular food.

the fuck are you talking about?

i'm saying that thai and japanese is just as ubiquitous as burger joints and italian, if not more so (not including chains like BP and Kelsey's, which are just processed white man food).

in my city, anyway, which is the fourth largest in NA.

i'm saying that thai and japanese is just as ubiquitous as burger joints and italian, if not more so (not including chains like BP and Kelsey's, which are just processed white man food).

You been hanging around way too many yuppies if you honestly think that Jap and Thai food is anywhere near as "ubiquitous" as burgers and italian food.

You can't be serious.

I been hanging around "yuppies" but not too much I guess because I still like pork chops with applesauce.

For real though, Japanese, Thai, and Vietnamese food are my faves now after marrying a Japanese girl for a few years.

It might be an aquired taste but after you get into it there isn't much that can beat it.

My latest shit is middle eastern foods like these Morrocan and Egyptian places around here in Astoria.

My neighborhood has the best variety of affordable good restaurants probably anywhere in the city IMO.

Don't get me started on the Greek places around here, I'm trying to get with a nice Greek girl that can cook right now.

Also found a Polish place in Greenpoint recently that I want to go back to and try more dishes soon.

I'm not loosing weight any time soon, fuck it.

What the fuck?

Thai and japenese aren't ubiquitous at all.

Name 5 Thai and japenese chains or low key resteraunts that are ubiquitous compared to MdDee's and BK.

Panda Express doesn't fucking count.

Not to mention about every thai/REAL chinese/japanese/sushi joint around here is WAAAAY fucking cleaner than a better than average burger joint.

You been hanging around way too many yuppies if you honestly think that Jap and Thai food is anywhere near as "ubiquitous" as burgers and italian food.

You can't be serious.

I do believe that the Japanese were the original ceators or the pizza,,,.....

I been hanging around "yuppies" but not too much I guess because I still like pork chops with applesauce.

For real though, Japanese, Thai, and Vietnamese food are my faves now after marrying a Japanese girl for a few years.

It might be an aquired taste but after you get into it there isn't much that can beat it.

My latest shit is middle eastern foods like these Morrocan and Egyptian places around here in Astoria.

My neighborhood has the best variety of affordable good restaurants probably anywhere in the city IMO.

Don't get me started on the Greek places around here, I'm trying to get with a nice Greek girl that can cook right now.

Also found a Polish place in Greenpoint recently that I want to go back to and try more dishes soon.

I'm not loosing weight any time soon, fuck it.

try some porkchops with an applecider raspberry reduction delicious!! made it the other day,used some canned pears for natural sugar against the tart raspberry and threw in some habenero peppers during the boil for some HEAT! so gooood!

so this thread lacks direction and im not trying to be rude but i think we should start cooking meals for people and discussing them...il start it

il serve trees btm and mr. otl a start of aged balsamic viniagrete and virgin olive oil over feta followed by the main course of braised lamb on white whine reduced veggies(carrots and beans and wutnot) with a side of braised greens, garnished of course with sage and chives..followed by a a scoop of vaniklla bean ice cream topped with fresh fruit and a dollap of honey....well talk later, i hope they enjoy!