Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShortFuse

So her palette is basic....

My girl and soon to be wife has the most basic non extravagent taste ever. Love this girl to death but her taste in food blows.. i work in the restaurant business and im used to being exposed to all foods which is awesome. I love to regular the post your meals thread cause its full of good stuff. Im ready to cook what ever for her yet i just thought id check with the minds of CH0. So the basic tastes lye with beef, chicken, onions, cilantro, plain salad, limited generic veges, and as of today curry. Her fam eats crap micro wave BS i cant stand and she hates cheese, sour cream, sea food, tomatos, fruit mixed dishes, and under cooked beef....Im trying to break her into new foods and wine etc.

So for the creative minds willing...post some ideas with certain ingredients added to help introduce flavors..

maybe treat this as a quick fire challenge using basic ingredients....i dunno just run with it.

• Like 1

cock flavour......

sorry , my bad.

but seriously.........sounds like she might be stuck in her ways?...

Eat whatever you want. Let her have her Wonderbread and water or whatever she likes. Her loss.

but on the real...you should just make the food and if it is good she will like it and then tell her "look girl you just ate tofu and scallops" or something...

usually my tastes expanded by being in a foreign country and having to eat whatever was made for me by the fam....

or I eat it and say "damn that was good...what was it?"

I have a pretty basic if not picky palette. /nh

But you should dump that bitch if she dont like cheese.

• Like 1

My 7 year old neice eats a broader range of food than your lady firend does.

Just cook the food you like to eat.

Give her a plate of it.

If she starts to complain, tell her to stop being such a fucking baby and eat her goddamned food or else her next meal is going to be a knuckle sandwich.

• Like 2

here is an important question....does she like bacon?

and instead of trying to use ingredients....introduce her to stuff she likes but that is prepared differently..

like when I first had Thai food, I didn't think I would like it but then I tried the simple chicken and rice stuff and moved on from there

Just cook the food you like to eat.

Give her a plate of it.

If she starts to complain, tell her to stop being such a fucking baby and eat her goddamned food or else her next meal is going to be a knuckle sandwich.

that.

She sounds ignorant, nice catch.

i know two girls like this and they are hideous and stupid. lol I hope she's hot and funny, SF.

i wonder if she ever does the dishes?

still got more taste than dao, though..

Damn, that sounds like it would suck, I hate going out to eat with picky people. I hope she's at least cool enough to hit good spots with you and not complain. My parents are like that, way too picky. I hate when they come visit and I have to go out to some shitty Appleby's or other frozen, non fresh, greasy food type place. Last time they visited we ended up at Bubba Gumps, it literally made my ex puke when she got home. I tried taking them to a super nice restaurant but they passed, they didn't feel comfortable having me pay that much. I said fuck it and took them to a cheap but super good thai place, they both just ordered fried rice, WTF?

Really, all you have to do is cook food that tastes good.

I got kids eating their veggies and carnivores loving tofu.

If you cook delicious meals and she refuses to even have a open mind and try something new, you should move on and find someone that is willing to broaden their horizons.

Unless you are happy settling for a marriage that is full of bordom and monotony.

PS- How the shit is someone going to hate cheese?

I don't get it.

It's not as if there is only one cheese or as if every cheese has the same taste or texture.

That would be like saying that you once had a hamburger from McDonald's so now you hate all beef.

My sister-in-law used to always try to say she hated all yellow cheeses, but I would sneak some into baked mac n cheese and she always ate it up and said how delicious it was.

My girl and soon to be wife has the most basic non extravagent taste ever. Love this girl to death but her taste in food blows.. i work in the restaurant business and im used to being exposed to all foods which is awesome. I love to regular the post your meals thread cause its full of good stuff. Im ready to cook what ever for her yet i just thought id check with the minds of CH0. So the basic tastes lye with beef, chicken, onions, cilantro, plain salad, limited generic veges, and as of today curry. Her fam eats crap micro wave BS i cant stand and she hates cheese, sour cream, sea food, tomatos, fruit mixed dishes, and under cooked beef....Im trying to break her into new foods and wine etc.

So for the creative minds willing...post some ideas with certain ingredients added to help introduce flavors..

maybe treat this as a quick fire challenge using basic ingredients....i dunno just run with it.

Is she Irish?

We're kinda known for loving bland food.

Damn, that sounds like it would suck, I hate going out to eat with picky people. I hope she's at least cool enough to hit good spots with you and not complain. My parents are like that, way too picky. I hate when they come visit and I have to go out to some shitty Appleby's or other frozen, non fresh, greasy food type place. Last time they visited we ended up at Bubba Gumps, it literally made my ex puke when she got home. I tried taking them to a super nice restaurant but they passed, they didn't feel comfortable having me pay that much. I said fuck it and took them to a cheap but super good thai place, they both just ordered fried rice, WTF?

I know Appleby's aint no French Laundry, but how you gonna refer to it as shitty?

And there's really a place called Bubba Gumps??? LMAO!

[ATTACH]114997.vB[/ATTACH]

bubbagump.jpg.96d5769df97b8bd3c6c243219c2a5aef.jpg

• Like 1

INVITE PEOPLE OVER

People who appreciate (your) food. She'll realize you're not babbling. Endorsement of other people will encourage her to try different foods.

TELEVISION

Turn on TV with a good cooking show. The non-existing presence of other people will obligate her to try different foods.

Better yet, find out if there's a DOCTOR PHIL episode with the same theme.

GREASY FOOD

Make tasty, exotic cuisine an excuse for her to get fat.

PS- How the shit is someone going to hate cheese?

I don't think it's physically possible for anybody to hate cheese.

Except bleu cheese, that shit's fucking disgusting beyond belief.

Maybe she's just lactose intolerant and doesn't feel like explaining to her man what cheese will do to her bowels,

so she just says she don't like the shit.

I know a few people that are lactose intolerant that eat cheese.

Because they aren't little titty babies and understand that cheese is fucking awesome and that it is well worth dealing with any bad side effects.

If I had a pan of super delicious baked mac n cheese and I knew it would fill me full of farts for the rest of the night..I would man up and deal with the farts while I had a belly full of awesome food.

You know that shit they say about knowing you're a tight couple when you can fart infront of eachother?

Lies.

I'll fucking yell at my wife if she ever farts infront of me.

And that goes double for toilet noises. I don't wanna think about shorty in that way.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now