Long Boards... uh, did I miss something?

Joker

I got a set of the original series Randall trucks from the man himself in LA in....1989? I threw them out because they were useless compared to a set of Indys with Spitfires on 10% grades.

I was bombing hills WAY before most of you were skating/writing graffiti/riding track bikes/listening to _________ /whatever the fuck is cool these days. I've done 50 MPH on a short board with 52 mm wheels and probably about the same on a shitty fixed gear in the East Oakland hills. I've written plenty of graffiti, been strung out on this and that and seen bands that influenced bands that you guys jock at house shows...but so what? If you've been there you can spot a phony a mile away 99% of the time....what you say on the internet doesn't matter.

Longboarding is kind of like smoking weed or wearing sandals or jam bands or doing all three simultaneously...cool if you're into it, sort of a toss up if you're not...but it's lame either way when shitheads get into it and they take it over and become the face of something you've done for years and care about.

That said, to this day I ride a 9" Black Label with Indys and Spitfires...in fact I've been pretty much riding different versions of the same board for about 20 years. Nothing wrong with that.

not to toot your own horn :lol:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im the furthest thing away from a hipster and i have a long board.

I got it for 3 grams of shitty weed (15$), board was brand new and worth 200$.

None of my peoples do it, i just get high and listen to my mp3 player and cruise around when i got nothing to do. Iv had it for years now and still too pussy to bomb down a serious hills. Last time i tried i fucked my self up and i never tried again.

Who fucking cares as long as you are having fun. People have nothing to do but to hate on pointless shit. Faggots will always be faggots long board or not.

get on them hills bro, just practise in parkinn structures or smaller hills, once your comfortabe on a hill, fucking listening to your ipod and burning down a hill on a nice day is whats up

Yeah, in my opinion they're the best of a bad lot. Then again, I haven't seen a good set of wheels since probably 1991 or so. I miss OJII Teamriders and the original Powell Freestyles.

Autobahn makes some good wheels.

Chocalate makes good wheels.

I had some Plan-B wheels recently that were pretty good too.

I'm rockin some Gold wheels right now that are dope too, but they seem to be wearing down a little sooner than they should. Not nearly as bad as Spitfires though.

Autobahn makes some good wheels.

Chocalate makes good wheels.

I had some Plan-B wheels recently that were pretty good too.

I'm rockin some Gold wheels right now that are dope too, but they seem to be wearing down a little sooner than they should. Not nearly as bad as Spitfires though.

what about the slimeballs.. those were the shit

Oh, I know that. Any wheel Deluxe releases are made at the Spitfire factory. Thunders, Ventures and Indys are all made in the same foundry, all the decks are pressed/screened/wrapped by the same people...Think/Adrenalin was somewhat independent of Deluxe back in the 90s yet the Deluxe store sold their decks and clothes, but not their wheels...and on and on.

Most of my connections were through people who worked in the industry or who rode for various Deluxe companies. I was sponsored by a shop but at least half of my gear came indirectly from Deluxe, Vans or Consolidated/Creature.

Since this thread is about longboards, one of my favorite decks Real ever made was a 8 1/2"x33". That board was made for hauling ass but was still good for doing tricks at parks or going big.

get on them hills bro, just practise in parkinn structures or smaller hills, once your comfortabe on a hill, fucking listening to your ipod and burning down a hill on a nice day is whats up

Smaller hills im ok with but when it starts going real fast and there is cars and shit i get mad shook and get flashbacks of my first wipe out. I see them hardcore dudes around the hill all the time with all the gear and the gloves with the plastic pads. Them dudes is crazy they do 360s and shit, wipe out and get up laughing like it aint not thang. I give them props.

I rather go do some spots. Oh and i aint got no Ipod. I boycott that shit. I have a 20$ "coby" mp3 player. :lol:

Smaller hills im ok with but when it starts going real fast and there is cars and shit i get mad shook and get flashbacks of my first wipe out. I see them hardcore dudes around the hill all the time with all the gear and the gloves with the plastic pads. Them dudes is crazy they do 360s and shit, wipe out and get up laughing like it aint not thang. I give them props.

I rather go do some spots. Oh and i aint got no Ipod. I boycott that shit. I have a 20$ "coby" mp3 player. :lol:

niggayougay-1.jpg

Whether or not this is true, you'd have to be a fucking idiot to thing that Indys, Ventures. and Thunders are basically the same shit.

No, the design definitely matters. They are produced at the same foundry, though.

I took a break from Indys in 1994-1995 and rode Ventures when I was getting free shit from Think. Ventures are pretty good trucks but they're just built way too light. Even when I was skinny they wouldn't hold up...I can only imagine how flimsy they would be if I tried to ride them now. I never liked Thunders, they're durable but I always thought that they turned weird.

I don't know anything about all the new truck companies out there. Ace trucks look pretty nice, I tried my friend's board out with them and they actually seemed to ride like Stage I Indys.

No, the design definitely matters. They are produced at the same foundry, though.

I took a break from Indys in 1994-1995 and rode Ventures when I was getting free shit from Think. Ventures are pretty good trucks but they're just built way too light. Even when I was skinny they wouldn't hold up...I can only imagine how flimsy they would be if I tried to ride them now. I never liked Thunders, they're durable but I always thought that they turned weird.

Indys and Thunders are the best turning trucks on the market.

Ventures are the ones that turn weird.

You sure you're not getting Ventures and Thuders mixed up?

I'm telling you guys , Ace trucks are the real deal . The available sizes will fill everyone's taste . DAO & others , they remind you of the trucks we all started skating on , but without the heaviness like Gullwings , lol . :cool: