Long Boards... uh, did I miss something?

Joker

Ive knowticed a spike in long boarders as well. Its not then riding that pisses me off, its that they just blatantly ignore other skaters..short boarders i mean. I always tell my bud its like some 50s segregation type shit. So when i see one roll by im always like " hey boy..we dont take kindly to you kind round these parts" Shits just a gang, its a hipster thing these days i think..cause i've known some really killer dudes that ride longboard..so big ups to them..big downers downers downers to the jipsters with out the free onion.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

90% of this thread has me...

AAAAHAHAHHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ niggas exposing themselves as cornballs.

Not to mention I googled "fishtail skateboard" and that's the 3rd image

Behind this image twice

That's what happens when a bunch of 20-something year olds who were sucking on their moms tits in the 80's run amok on the internet re-defining shit that they really have no idea what the fuck they're talking about.

This current generation is someday going to be known as the generation of dumb kids who accidentally the whole history.

Just because it isn't tapered in for the back trucks doesn't mean it's not a fishtail

Actually, yes it does.

"Fishtail" is a description that was coined AFTER THE FACT to describe boards that were shaped like fish.

You can't just come along and lump in the boards that weren't shaped like fish.

This current generation is someday going to be known as the generation of dumb kids who accidentally the whole history.

:rolleyes:

Ok, well since you're the fucking keeper of the flame how would you describe those decks?

I didn't just "come along" I'm almost 30 and had one in 85

(either way they are still fucking fishtales, but I think we can still agree longboards are homo as fuck)

They're just oldschool boards from the 80's.

Just like "fishtail boards" were before people started calling them "fishtail boards" years after the fact.

Nobody was calling them "fishtail boards" in 1985. They were just called skateboards.

And longboards are equally as homo as rollerblades.

And them shits Soup posted are 10 times gayer than rollerblades, longboards and tight pants combined.

I don't even know what it was soup posted

I can't even comprehend the logic behind having something like that

I'm just gonna leave that alone and hope to god I never see one IRL

And honestly, it pains me to say this as someone who has never put a rollerblade on in my life

But I think longboards might be more gay than rollerblades

But don't quote me on that in the morning

Also I think the first time I heard the word "fishtail" was sometime in the early 90s when decks were modern. I remember on double dare them giving away a "fishtail" (possibly Nash) skateboard

But yeah, in the 80s it was just regular skateboards or "bananna boards"

Longboard Quotes -

"hey look at me guise..... No you CAN'T do tricks on these man, or much else for that matter."

"They're more stable for carving and bombing hills bro, no, I don't really bomb hills faster either."

"I actually just have it as a conversation starter, I have no intention of learning how to actually skate."

"well I'm uncoordinated, my penis is really small, and I'm stupid enough to think this will fool people."

No it's not.

A "fish tail" board is the description of boards that their tails were shaped like a fish's tail.

IE:

[ATTACH]113288[/ATTACH]

i used to have this board, but in blue with red dragon.

anyhow, longboarding looks mad homo. always has.

freeboarding looks fun, but only for an hour or so. then i'd

want to sit down and spark one while i burned the board.

You're from THE BAY....

Street skating in the bay has roots to back before longboards even existed...

Fuckingchrist you're an idiot.

Im talking about specifically my TOWN where a number of professional longboarders have come from. I know all about the bay area's history. The fuck you think you're doing tryna correct me about my own heritage?

(insert obligatory bryce kanights vintage photo)

0%2Bneil%2Bmission.jpg

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1a03xMy0MU

god longboarding is gay. anything a "freeboard" can do a regular deck can do, and look a lot less homo doing it. if you want to cruise and bomb hills or skate rough terrain just get some big soft wheels and call it a day. the long board shit is for no talent ass clowns.

when I was in college, the longboards were strictly the domain of that dude in the frat who mixes in a little sublime with his dave matthews and is down to "twist up a fat hooter and blaze it up" on the weekend. hurley visor, sandals, jurassic 5. It's like it's own culture.

I have seen a ton of kids on long boards which is the reason I started the thread. I have yet to see one wearing tight pants, or anything I would lump into tragically hip. And "Welcome to 1997..." might be pinpointing. There were lots of people longboarding in the early 80's as well. And to say that '97 is better than our current times... ugh, I have to disagree with you. You do realize Pearl Jam and Nirvana were at their height at that point, right? And they're about as cool as toe fungus.

The kids I saw were all kinda dorky scrubs. One guy even had special gloves with large blocks of plastic on the palm. Which made me giggle because I remember, in the early 80's, friends and I would ride our regular skateboards down the hills. We made the same kind of gloves but used those cheap-ass gardening gloves and glued about ten layers of plastic milk cartons to the palm and fingertips. Now you can just run to a store and buy that shit.

I do live in a smaller city so having the trend hit here a little late seems about right.

And "Welcome to 1997..." might be pinpointing. There were lots of people longboarding in the early 80's as well. And to say that '97 is better than our current times... ugh, I have to disagree with you. You do realize Pearl Jam and Nirvana were at their height at that point, right? And they're about as cool as toe fungus.

Actually, Nirvana and Pearljam were more at their height around 93 or so.

But I'd still take living in 1993 (or even 1997) over living in any year of the 2000's.