Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joker

Long Boards... uh, did I miss something?

Seriously, I'm seeing tons of kids riding long boards now. Is this the new trend? Are fixed gears already done with?

I only bring this up because I thought I was going to witness two separate groups of long boarders fight over a hill. It was actually pretty entertaining.

Look at me... two dumb threads in one day. Is that a ban-worthy?.

i also have been seeing lots of longboarders, never seen them fight over a hill though. that would be awesome to see.

the only kid i've known that regularly rides a longboard, is the only kid i've legitimately beaten to a bloody pulp since i graduated highschool.

i see a pattern.

603645824_descthrow.jpg.91943ad84b59feca1fa13014ec835c5d.jpg

Seeing as skateboarding is becoming more media-influencing a lot fo kids want to get on one. But a lot of dumbass bros and hipstiers cant skate so they ride around on their longboards with thier sandlas and natty light...fuckin a

Pretty much everyone in the 10- 14 year old set is rolling around on those silly things in my neighborhood.

See In my area hipsters are rising up to the annoyance level where the whole long boarder crowd has came and left. For me Long Boards are about 4 years ago. Guess its your area Joker....I must say though long boarders werent as bothersome and annoying as the hipsters recently.

I used to longboard pretty hardcore maybe 4 years ago, bombing hills and parkades with some bro's is a pretty good time if you're good and have a nice board. As far as riding around the city i've pretty much stopped, due to A. yes, everyone seems to have one now and B. to avoid people stopping and asking me about it. 3 years ago I was the only one in my city with a nice board that could actually ride it. I bring it out for good times at parkades and on hills. but everyone thinks its easy and trendy, so to the hell with them.

Longboards have always been popular around here. Streetskating is actually newer than longboarding and has only become popular since they built the park. Before that it was all longboarders. Out here tho it's not a joke. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1a03xMy0MU

There's some maney hills that i've seen kids hospitalize themselves on. I remember when i was 12 my old swim coach Daisukey cracked his head open on my street and bled all over my driveway. Maybe it's just the suburban kids moving into P-Town?

When i lived in the city, my roomate from Alabama talked a couple of us into buying freeboards. For someone who had never skateboarded before it didnt take too long to pick up.

freeboard_seventy5_angle_small.jpg

As someone who used to be all about bombing huge hills on a normal board, with small fucking wheels, i don't particularly care for longboarders. I have a friend who loves that shit and i give him grief nonstop.

1213446100766_f.jpg.83fc353e86d0956cd2749fea2b54e9c4.jpg

No worries Dose.

freebord.jpg

the middle wheels emulate a snowboard so it's easy to control your speed and such. If you google Freebord there's a ton of videos. going down Pine the wrong way at 2 am was the best.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now