triphop mystics and opossums

SELL CRACK HARD

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: hiphop physics and opinions

earl you're making a post about how the greed and materialism corrupted hip hop while posting a picture of big daddy kane stunting with his dookie gold chains. Hip Hop has been commercial.

What I was saying, was that the Bling generation couldn't pull it off like Kane and Rick did.

I can't really get into this Cameron and Jadakiss shit. It's not that I hate it, but all of these MC's sound the same now and the production is usually lame. So the shit just bores me, and has no appeal to me.

I just read what I wrote last night, again. I'd like to correct myself, the production actually isn't that bad on most of these tracks. That's actually what usually keeps me listening to some tracks.

it's simple

Back in like 88 you had groups like Public Enemy and NWA become v

Breakout groups, record companies began to take REAL notice when congress started requireing "parental advisory" labels... Uncle Luke and Chuck D were elevated to rockstar status literally put side by side with Twisted Sister and Judas Priest. At this point you have record labels really looking at how hip hop could sell through controversy.

However it took another 10 years or so for them to really realize that hip hop could be pop music

Sometime around 98-99 hip hop became mainstream pop music.

Top 40 charts were dominated by rappers, replacing rock bands and traditional pop stars.

Since then it's all POP MUSIC

There is no "hip hop"

It's over - credible rappers are still POP STARS

You don't believe me? Look at the industry top 40 billboard charts for the past 10 years

Hip hop has been dead - it's all popular music, which is why there's no message

And the corny norcal def jux white backpackers with dreads are just trying to ride a dead dream by redefining something they were never a part of anyways and never really understood to begin with

Honestly I feel really fortunate to have been 14 in 1995

I think being a teenager in that era was one of the best times to be alive and in full on rebelion mode. I wouldn't trade that for anything else, but also I know it's over, and the people claiming real hip hop today are all soft as fuck and corny

I think everything peaked for me when Wu dropped "Triumph" and "it's yours"

I don't think that moment in time will ever be replecated

Ever

After that, things became shiny and pop

I listen to Edan. The dude has more lyrical style then most of the MC's posted in here. He also puts on a solid performance. If we're talking about real "hip hop," that dude carries the torch a hell of a lot better than Cameron.

earl, you're the man, but respectfully: barf.

for those who don't know who the fuck edan is, here is a little sample.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiSOweE7CZo

and i know it's a bad idea to form any sort of opinion based on the words of mongoloids that bother to write youtube comments but since i'd already formed an opinion about the artist, these made me laugh since i don't think any one of these people would know a good line from a hole in the ground:

SOUPERVILLIAN (1 month ago) 0 Reply | Spam

edan waz the shit! since this hiz style iz mad different, though he remainz 1 of the most lyrical under reated mc'z of r time

rohleks (3 months ago) 0 Reply | Spam

i dont need a computer monitor i'd rather walk a few kilometres and conjure a plan to confuse astronomers ....genius!

Grizzlie293 (4 months ago) 0 Reply | Spam

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewiiiiiiind!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

MC66107 (6 months ago) +1 Reply | Spam

everybody that drinks soy milk across the country

haha

good song

and i know it's a bad idea to form any sort of opinion based on the words of mongoloids that bother to write youtube comments but since i'd already formed an opinion about the artist, these made me laugh since i don't think any one of these people would know a good line from a hole in the ground:

You're entitled to your opinion as well, but the dude is a smart MC, and I'll put money down that he could write a better rhyme about a whopper, than most MC's posted in this thread.

okay

really

edans production is really cool

extremely original, still samples, well, and uses original material for his samples

but omg is he annoying.

i like alot of his lyrics they are creative. But that corny nasal voice and his whole feel is so gay. He is right up there with sage frances to me. and god do i hate sage frances. The one thing i can dig about cameron is that he doesnt have to try hard. In fact he doesnt have to try at all which is why he can pull the ridiculous shit he does. like when edan made that song about robbing people. I profoundly wanted to find him at a show and slap him.

and if you think cameron or jada couldnt keep up with edan then you might want to brush up on some of their earlier works for educational purposes. I mean in the most respectful way possible. From what i gather you're cool and everything earl. But if you started rapping id be kinda tight

If I started rapping? I don't think so, that will never happen.

As for Edan's song "Run that shit" --it's all for comedic value. That song is a joke. Another thing I appreciate about him, he doesn't take himself to seriously.

As for Jada and Cameron? You're right, I should give them more of a chance. But that thugged out bullshit gets old after a while.

And you guys don't have to keep saying I'm cool and shit. We're just having a conversation about opinions. My feelings aren't going to be hurt if you guys disagree with me.

you know what pisses me off?

how if you arent speakin bars out of websters dictionary or a thesaurus youre "garbage"

fuck outta here.

i respect hip hop, even the talent of underground emcees

but dont write off people cause they aint trying to rap like socrates.

i aint heard very many Biggie lines that scream college educated rapper

but you cant deny dude murders.

actually that whole dictionary rap shit isn't even hard to do

Just take a bunch of random monosylobic words that sound alike that really don't add up to anything

It's not skillfull, it just tricks nerds into thinking you can rap

Super scientifical my brainstem pontifical directions of disections eliptical and cyclical erections of deflections magnifical supersonic bionic tonic educates mind states and inflates elations and stirations with rehydrations of metro train stations

Wow that's like, soooo deep right? There's so much meaning benieth the surface!

"Super scientifical my brainstem pontifical directions of disections eliptical and cyclical erections of deflections magnifical supersonic bionic tonic educates mind states and inflates elations and stirations with rehydrations of metro train stations"

:lol: :lol: :lol: