triphop mystics and opossums

SELL CRACK HARD

rap isn't dead, and good MCs are still around, but the word hip hop has been so raped and co opted from both ends that saying something is "hip. Hop" is corny. Between KRS1 and his church of hip hop faggotry to corny suburban white boys arguing about "that's not hip hop this is hip hop" on rhymesayers message boards, the phrase is run into the ground. If you were hip hop in 95 I respect that, but if you're about being hip hop in 2009 you need to kill yourself. You missed it, it's over - either you were there or you weren't...

I tried to co opt the term Nas said, street hop, the last real serious group I was in. We use to show up to lame ass coffee house backpacker freestyle battles, my mans would snatch the mic, and just take shit over for 20 minutes, get the crowd hype, diss the host, and dip to the parking lot and smoke ls. Kids who are hip hop now are 95% the time pussy, and always saying "we don't appreciate that thug shit"

Listen to Biggie, mobb, wu, BCC, all that shit was crime related! How the fuck did hip hop get stolen and co-opted by kids who live in the suburbs? Its not a white/black thing either - 3rd bass was harder and had more street cred than atmosphere ever could!!! And they wore suits!!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sell crack hard should be reading alot of this

kimjung i mean backpacker hip hop can be kind of a wide term

jeru and afu ra were considered back packer shit at one time

alot of concious hip hop in general was

ive been considered a backpacker just because i dont promote violence

but i mean that def jux shit is so ridiculous believe me i share your long paragraphed hate for everything suburbanite alternative rap ironic flow bullshit. i just dont feel like this is some shit for suburban kids trying to break away from their monotonous existances to try and relate too. stick to hardcore for that. Expression is free but that only goes so far. Of course tho at the same time contextualizing hip hop is such a dead horse

I draw a strong defenition between conscious and backpacker

Conscious has soul and meaning

I never met a backpacker with soul

And most backpacker shit has no real meaning

Bazookatooth is a good example

Aesop pretends like that shit has meaning, but decypher his decoder ring lyrics and you discover behind all the complexities of his "wordplay" and it's very dry and meaningless, I compare that to a political pundit who uses big words and smart sounding terms, but isn't sati g anything very complex

• Like 1

an independant artist from queens whose shit im actually feeling

and not in a its pretty good in comparison kind of a way

but im actually feelin it

large professor

shouldnt need an introduction

has been keeping consistent and coming out with alot fo new stuff

and working with alot of newer artist like the one above

queens!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjfkvM8u_mY&feature=related

Kids who are hip hop now are 95% the time pussy, and always saying "we don't appreciate that thug shit"

Listen to Biggie, mobb, wu, BCC, all that shit was crime related! How the fuck did hip hop get stolen and co-opted by kids who live in the suburbs? Its not a white/black thing either - 3rd bass was harder and had more street cred than atmosphere ever could!!! And they wore suits!!!

I still stand behind my original post, and say the problem with this shit is that it got lazy. Biggie had style, a voice, persona. Wu-Tang had numerous people with all of that. It definitely isn't a class struggle or racial struggle, it's just the pure fact that shit dropped off (which I think you'd agree by what you're saying). It's just the fact that there are too many junk MC's trying to do the same schtick.

One thing I can't stand, is when someone does a solid minute of "UH Wut, Yeah, Uh Wut, Yeah, Where my niggas at, yeah, Uh Uh Uh Uh Uh UH UH" before every song.

If you were hip hop in 95 I respect that, but if you're about being hip hop in 2009 you need to kill yourself.

I was 20 years old in 1995. I've never considered myself "hip hop." It's just a form of music that I really appreciated growing up, and after learning about the history and culture of it, I grew to appreciate it on a deeper level. When it comes to the music, I'm glad I grew up when I did, because I honestly believe it was the golden era.

sell crack hard should be reading alot of this

kimjung i mean backpacker hip hop can be kind of a wide term

jeru and afu ra were considered back packer shit at one time

alot of concious hip hop in general was

ive been considered a backpacker just because i dont promote violence

but i mean that def jux shit is so ridiculous believe me i share your long paragraphed hate for everything suburbanite alternative rap ironic flow bullshit. i just dont feel like this is some shit for suburban kids trying to break away from their monotonous existances to try and relate too. stick to hardcore for that. Expression is free but that only goes so far. Of course tho at the same time contextualizing hip hop is such a dead horse

GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE..PLEASE

i really didn't start this thread to stay home on a summer night and study it to get some type of real hip hop perspective that you think i should have, i started it to distract the hip-hop talk that was going on in the new york city thread. so please stop talking about me, post some white people flicks, or make some cam'ron jokes or whatever, just don't attempt to teach me anything about what you THINK you know.

is this kid a backpack rapper?

is that whats goin on here?

I don't think he's a backpacker. Obviously I don't know the dude, so I can't speak for him, but from what he's posting? I don't think he's into the coffee house kind of thing.

He did, however, create this thread to distract the chit chat in the NYC thread in Brickslayers. I appreciated that. Unfortunately, everyone just jumped on it like they always do, and turned it into a fail thread. Some people were actually posting legit videos, and obviously some people have strong opinions, so it could have worked as a thread.

i couldn't care less, i know u don't know me earl, i don't know u, and the first PUSSY nigga that was going IN uploading pictures of corny white people to his photo bucket to try and provoke me definitely doesn't know me. anyways, I just wanna say that there's at least one kid in here that i DO know, and i know that hes on some gay shit, mentioning my name when im not even present, fucking instant messaging me when im sleeping trying to scope at me, my nigga, you, the loser with the mighty right click finger using his only technological talents for retardation and harassment on Google images, you are losers.. i hope one day you became mods and wind up having an epiphany involving you really taking time to consider that what you're doing with your time is useless and kind of embarrassing. I'm off this to smoke a blunt and enjoy my life. [white people joke]