triphop mystics and opossums

SELL CRACK HARD

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: hiphop physics and opinions

Just make sure to have an illin beat comprised of sampled syncopated jazz fills and a robotic voice saying throughout the song "This is the truth"

Who knows maybe you will get onto Mtv2. Today I saw a commercial on Mtv2 showcasing this faggot and some black dude named P.O.S

44f36f5a702f4-50-1.jpg

After a little research I found out P.O.S. stands for piece of shit :lol: reppin the title hard :lol:

The funniest part is if these "real underground rappers" become mainstreamed we will get to hear the outcries of passion from teeny boppers that finally found TRU HIPHOP

i respect hip hop, even the talent of underground emcees

but dont write off people cause they aint trying to rap like socrates.

I'm not saying that. If that was the case I wouldn't be a fan of Biz or ODB. Edan doesn't impress me like I'm an English Lit teacher, but he impresses me because he's entertaining and humorous.

I'm curious to hear your opinions on these tracks:

This next act isn't so much hip hop, but they have a solid hip hop foundation.

(The video was done by some kid on youtube, NOT the band.)

That Handsome Devil "Viva Discordia"

That Handsome Devil "Dating Tips"

This is some of the newer shit that I've been feeling. If that's pretty Dave Matthews of me --that's cool.

in reference to Tre's last post:

hahahahahahahahahahahha

truth!

i think there are people who keep it real

who happen to have big vocabularies and the skills to use it and not sound like theyre reading a masters degree level book.

i hate to use the example honestly because i know just today ive made a few posts referring to Em

but these are just reasons i put him in the top 10

he can do things like that and not make it aesop rock rap.

i cant directly quote who said this but

"good punchers are born not made"

i think good emcees dominate define and shut down styles whether they came first or later.

Super scientifical my brainstem pontifical directions of disections eliptical

I can't even count the times I've heard this exact same line come out of corny backpackers mouths in their little "cypher" at houseparties.

Shit makes me wish I could rap so that I could jump in and

clown the fuck out of them Mero style.

I like old PUTS

San Francisco knights was my shit

And don't get it twisted - my iPod is about 25% midschool classics (Big L, DITC, Duck Down, Wu) 25% new thuggy shit (Gucci, Slim Thugga, Dipset, 3 6, Jada) 20% punk/pre punk/post punk (killing joke, fugazi, misfits, minor threat) and 30% classic funk & soul

With a spattering of electro/mashup/club stuff for the kids

I think I probably have more diverse musical taste than 99% of people on this board, or people in general... And I speak from authority that nerd backpack rap is just bad music... It's not because I'm pigeonholed into one type, genre, or period... It's because that shit is garbage, the production quality is terrible, and the raps are just retarded and lacking in substance

I compare that shit to splatter abstract art, where motherfuckers throw paint on a canvAs randomly, then bullshit each other about how deep it is

Motherfuckers just throw 4 dollar words in their bars untill they stick, then sit around and talk about how deep the shit really is

Yeah right, shit just sucks

And I speak from authority that nerd backpack rap is just bad music... It's not because I'm pigeonholed into one type, genre, or period.

I wasn't pointing at you when I made that comment. I was talking more about people who only listen to one style of music, and let it direct their lives. Like fools who grow up listening to thug hip hop, but had the furthest thing from a thug life. But they still go out sucking their teeth, rocking a chin strap and fitted, talking about how "bad" they "is" at the mall.

Or even worse, people who only listen to modern country. Those good ol' folks who hang watermelon quilts out as flags, sipping on lemonade, and humming some good ol' Kenny Chesney.

I can honestly say my taste in music is schizophrenic. I never really got into the backpacker hip hop of the late 90's early 2000's. It's also rare that I appreciate a "live" freestyle anywhere. It's the same with friends who want to play guitar for me. Fuck that. I also can't stand riding the train, listening to some half retarded kid trying to rhyme to a beat in his head phones.

honestly i cant say ive talked to most of you about music

i have a general idea of what kind of music people like or are knowledgeable in

i pride myself in being very versed in music of any genre any period of music and respect all of it for what its worth

but honestly i dont care how established you are on this board VERY VERY few people come close to holding it down like Tre do.

props my rigguh.

/nodickride.

Oh no doubt fam, that's why I fucks with you (no homo)

You do got a wide musical repetoir for a younger cat

And actually earl, my comment was directed at allthewrongwords

Because when I tell people I hate a certain type of rapper/hip hop they are all about, instantly it's "you probably just listen to shit like gucci mane and weezy" or "you probably just listen to that old school stuff like wu" or "you probably listen to this, or that, expand your mind"

And that's not the case at all, the reason I firmly believe backpacker shit sucks is because I listen to everything, I got shit on my iPod that both DAO and Twinky would be feeling. I first started hearing this new backpacker shit when it first was coming out in 99-2000 and gave it a chance... And because of my wide variety of tastes I came to the conclusion that it's pure garbage

And I still do keep current on rhymesayers/def jux or whatever else because I'm a DJ and I pay attention to everything coming out- I don't listen to it but I give it a chance. I done shows with immortal technique and brother Ali , and I'm just not feelin it because it's either a ) some "creative" garbage abstract noisy bullshit, b ) some wannabee yesteryear copycat shit minus the originality and is boring as fuck or c ) just some poorly produced thrown together amateur bullshit hyped as the next big lo fi thing

If I heard any of this new crap that was really creative or of substance I would champion it like a motherfucker, but honestly I'm more intirested with the Argentinian rock scene or Brazilian baile funk shit. All this backpacker shit is 3 categories - noisy bullshit, boring throwback, or just plain amateur garbage. Without fail

I also know tons and tons of promoters, MCs, and DJs in the scene who have tried to put me on to this or that, like "I know you hate Aesop rock, but you gotta admit eyedea and abilities is hot!"

I'm friends with them, and deal with them on a semi-business level, but I tell them straight up I hate that shit and life is too short to listen to garbage music just because it's new

I'm a firm believer that hip hop is dead, been dead, and I dont want it to come back in the form of XYZ new rapper, I liked the shit the way it was... And thing is I dig and dig and dig for classic shit and still can always find some rare forgotten group or artist or mixtape from 15 years ago that's just as "new" to me as the next atmosphere album... Except that dude is probably dead, in jail, or flippin burgers, not touring or vloging so I can be a part of his scene

My scene is dead and over with, and I'm ok with that

• Like 1