SouthLAnd

LEVEL 75 PALADIN

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Haven't seen it. I kind of lost track of the 9 million cop shows on TV lately, didn't even know this one existed.

Let me try to guess the catch of this one real quick from the picture.

Rookie cop gets thrown into investigating a string of drug related murders and finds that he has an uncanny ability to sense what happened and catch the "perp" when all others failed.

Naw that's actually completely wrong TC which is why this one rises above the 100s of cop shows at the moment.

Yea dude is a rookie, but the focus of the show isn't about forensics like CSI or special abilities and skills (Numbers). So far its about the rookie learning to be a cop and how the job affects the individual officers. It focuses a lot more on the characters themselves than the crimes.

Think The Wire, not CSI Miami.

i saw the commercial for this one time i think it was the one where they find a baby crawling in the middle of the street out of nowhere. it left me scratching my head like what the fuck just happened there?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i caught the first episode by accident. i dont watch much tv. and i was all,"another cop show, cmon." but it was good. saw the 2nd ep and missed a few. i marathoned the rest on demand. all episodes together are good. but i can see how catching only one or two might not impress.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

On November 2, 2009, TNT announced it has purchased the rights to Southland's original seven episodes, as well as six completed episodes from what would have been its second season. Southland will begin airing on TNT on January 12, 2010.[5] The station has no plans to change the look of the show, and no additional episodes of the series have been ordered pending an assessment of ratings for the original 13

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived